The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Another ex-Cane finding out the grass isn't always greener?

From the Globe:

Corvo coming up empty

Defenseman firing blanks on power play

Of the 79 NHL goals to Joe Corvo’s name, 36 have come on the power play.

Eleven games into his Black-and-Gold career, Corvo has none, in any category.

So, which 'canes have left and come back? Anyone?

Where to begin?

Erik Cole - carolina to edmonton back to carolina

Stillman - carolina to flordia to carolina

Cullen - carolina rangers to carolina

Babchuk - carolina to russia to carolina

A.Ward - carolina to boston to carolina

problably more but that was off the top of my head.

Edited by Ichigo-1

Where to begin?

Erik Cole - carolina to edmonton back to carolina

Stillman - carolina to flordia to carolina

Cullen - carolina rangers to carolina

Babchuk - carolina to russia to carolina to russia to carolina

A.Ward - carolina to boston to carolina

problably more but that was off the top of my head.

Wait wait wait, fixed. :)

Joe Vasicek, traded to Nashville then traded back here.

Also Corvo was traded to the Caps then signed back as a FA.

GP 	G 	A 	Pts 	+/- 	PIM 	Hits 	BkS 	PPG 	PPA 	GW 	SOG 	Pct 	 
23	8	13	21	9	8	8	5	2	2	0	50	.160

In the grass is sometimes greener category, above is Ray Whitney's stat line for the year. Ah, memories.

This for a team everyone thought was dead without Bryzgalov, yet currently leads their division. Tippett for Adams? Amazing how well he is doing with this team. Truly a coach who can do more with less, unlike he who shall not be named.

Edited by JLP

GP 	G 	A 	Pts 	+/- 	PIM 	Hits 	BkS 	PPG 	PPA 	GW 	SOG 	Pct      
23	8	13	21	9	8	8	5	2	2	0	50	.160

In the grass is sometimes greener category, above is Ray Whitney's stat line for the year. Ah, memories.

This for a team everyone thought was dead without Bryzgalov, yet currently leads their division. Tippett for Adams? Amazing how well he is doing with this team. Truly a coach who can do more with less, unlike he who shall not be named.

A contending team is going to pay a kings ransom for Whitney at or before the trade deadline ohmy.gif

Life is getting tougher for Joe Corvo in Boston, NESN is calling it the "Corvo Conundrum". Julien was quoted as saying that he was defensively soft in his own and if it wasn't for Boychuk and Ference being out, Corvo would likely be the odd man. With Boston struggling and Corvo not known for being a physical player, this should be interesting to see how it all plays out or Joe.

Life is getting tougher for Joe Corvo in Boston, NESN is calling it the "Corvo Conundrum". Julien was quoted as saying that he was defensively soft in his own and if it wasn't for Boychuk and Ference being out, Corvo would likely be the odd man. With Boston struggling and Corvo not known for being a physical player, this should be interesting to see how it all plays out or Joe.

And I got the impression that when Joe's agent made the "soft request" for a trade it was because (among

other things) he wasn't sure he was in the Canes long term plans---so he wanted a full season with another

team to make his case for an extension. I like Joe---but I think he does better when he is not in the harsh

spotlight of the media------like in Boston and Ottowa. I hope he finds a team for next year if Boston doesn't

re-sign him. Haven't they already re-signed all their other UFA's ?

The Bruins still have these UFAs:

Forwards

Kelly(2mil)

Campbell(1.2mil)

Paille(1.15mil)

Poiliot(1.1mil)(RFA)

Thorton(800k)

Defensemen

Zanon(2.1mil)

Corvo(2.5mil)

Mottau(950k)

Goalie

Rask(1.5mil)(RFA)

The Bruins still have these UFAs:

Forwards

Kelly(2mil)

Campbell(1.2mil)

Paille(1.15mil)

Poiliot(1.1mil)(RFA)

Thorton(800k)

Defensemen

Zanon(2.1mil)

Corvo(2.5mil)

Mottau(950k)

Goalie

Rask(1.5mil)(RFA)

I would guess that Kelly, Campbell and Thornton are locks to be re-signed. Zanon and Mottau will have the post season to make their cases andJoe Corvo will not be in their future plans.

At least NESN tried to make a little light out of all the heat Corvo is taking from the fans and the media and did a whole spoof called "its all Joe Corvo's fault." They blamed him for Wes Welker's dropped pass in the SuperBowl, for bringing beer and chicken into the Red Sox club house and for all the injuries to the Bruins players. :lol: The Boston media may be harsh but they also know when they're being ridiculous.

**Bruins signed Marty Turco last night to replace Tuuka Rask as Tim Thomas's back up. Rask has an abdominal/groin strain and is thought to be out 4-6 weeks.

Nice, you found the clip from CSN. I think the media was making fun of the fan's hysteria more than trashing Joe but I don't think there will be any love lost from either side if they don't offer Joe a new contract this summer.

The Joe Corvo bashing in Boston continues.... at least he was one of the two goal scorers last night :shakeshead:

joe.png

How is Corvo a +7 and all their woes? I wish we had more guys in the +

The only reason they're still where they are is because they tore up the league for a couple of very strong months. Just goes to show how much easier it is to stay afloat than have to claw your way back up from the bottom.