The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canefan248

Made In China -- In The Middle of A Recession?

Has anyone else noticed that the "gifts" the Canes have been giving to STHs and for other promotional giveawayes in general all come with the "Made in China" tag? First of all in the middle of a recession how about finding something that is either made in the US or Canada if we really want to be faithful to the roots and fan base of hockey. Second for people that spend nearly $5,000 a year for "premium" seats do you think 1 (one) 100% acrylic scarf is a sincere showing of thanks given the inconsistent level of performance we have to see every game?

To be fair, you could be saying this to just about any other company that uses or sells "made in china" products. Its cheaper, and when you are giving away something for free, you can't really afford spending on more expensive made in us or ca. The recession is all the more reason why they would use cheaper products for giveaways. To be honest though its not that I wouldn't want made in US/CA products, just being realistic.

Edited by Ichigo-1

I'd jump in on this, but I'd end up on my soapbox again about how this country is a shell of it's former self because of all the manufacturing jobs being shipped overseas.

I'd jump in on this, but I'd end up on my soapbox again about how this country is a shell of it's former self because of all the manufacturing jobs being shipped overseas.

Is there room on that soapbox for both of us?

I have a question: if a bobblehead is made in Canada, does it score more goals than one made in the US?

*cough* NAFTA *cough *hack Bill Clinton *cough cough hack* is a joke *cough hack loogie*

No but if it's made in Canada it will at least likely look like the player. It's like the Chinese Brian Hoyle sculpts these things.

*cough* NAFTA *cough *hack Bill Clinton *cough cough hack* is a joke *cough hack loogie*

No but if it's made in Canada it will at least likely look like the player. It's like the Chinese Brian Hoyle sculpts these things.

1. China isn't covered by NAFTA

B. NAFTA signed by George H.W. Bush. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement

There is plenty of blame to go around to all politicians of both parties.

Just a reminder for everyone.....

6. RELIGION & POLITICS

Threads or posts that are political or religious in nature are not allowed. Unfortunately, past experience has shown that such threads/discussions tend to get out of hand and require excessive maintenance and monitoring by the the staff. Threads or posts that are political or religious in nature will be locked or removed without notice. We appreciate your understanding on this position.