The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
canefan248

Just Don't Go!

I suggest that anyone trolling this board take their sidewalk act to a different sidewalk.

We have a loyal fan base and really don't mind fans from other teams as long as they show respect.

10. TROLLING/TRASH TALKING

Any topic or post viewed as trash talk by the staff may be removed without warning. This is a forum provided by the NHL for the fans of the Carolina Hurricanes, registering and posting on this board with the intention of demeaning, insulting and/or cheering against the Carolina Hurricanes and their fans is considered trolling and will not be tolerated. We hope our members will return that same courtesy when visiting the other NHL team boards.

I suggest that anyone trolling this board take their sidewalk act to a different sidewalk.

We have a loyal fan base and really don't mind fans from other teams as long as they show respect.

Any topic or post viewed as trash talk by the staff may be removed without warning. This is a forum provided by the NHL for the fans of the Carolina Hurricanes, registering and posting on this board with the intention of demeaning, insulting and/or cheering against the Carolina Hurricanes and their fans is considered trolling and will not be tolerated. We hope our members will return that same courtesy when visiting the other NHL team boards.

Hey OBXer I am not trying to TROLL/TRASH TALK. I'm sorry that you feel that way. Just frustrated with some things about the Canes. Have to vent sometimes. And I never really proofread anything I write, maybe I should. I understand Buffalo and Pittsburgh fans who come to the RBC center and take it over, but I just hate it and really wish canes fans would go out of their way to buy those tickets as early as possible. Again not trying to TROLL

Hey OBXer I am not trying to TROLL/TRASH TALK. I'm sorry that you feel that way. Just frustrated with some things about the Canes. Have to vent sometimes. And I never really proofread anything I write, maybe I should. I understand Buffalo and Pittsburgh fans who come to the RBC center and take it over, but I just hate it and really wish canes fans would go out of their way to buy those tickets as early as possible. Again not trying to TROLL

Good enough.I wasn't pointing it at you but just a reminder for everyone. Critical discussion is always welcome. I share your hope that Canes fans will buy all the tix available.

Well put OBXer. Winning teams have a loyal fan base period. Not attending games because things aren't going well with the team is counter productive. If management observes a full house every game regardless, they just might make some changes knowing the investment will pay for itself. Kind of a no brainer.

You want to be a fan supporting a team through a REALLY tough time? Try sitting through several years of just hoping to make it to the 10 or 20 win mark in an 82 game NBA season with the Sacramento Kings in the early to mid-1990s.

They truly had a lethal combination of bad luck and questionable talent, plus no player wanted to be drafted there and wasn't afraid to say it/not show up if they did, but you couldn't beat the fan support. We held a really lengthy league record for consecutive sell outs (and no, not by way of the opposing team's fans).

I truly hope I don't see more nights like Saturday when the opposition has more fans in the stands than the Hurricanes. Please, go, support your team. It doesn't mean that you can't keep vocally demanding more of them on the talent front (or whatever front you think is the key to turning this season around).

L

You should support your team, good or bad. The Red Wings were not always the juggernaut they are now. For a long stretch, their fans referred them as the "Dead Wings." There were times where they didn't even win 20 games in a 80 game season. Then they drafted some kid name Yzerman and, well you know the rest. But their fans still supported them.

Does anyone else besides me find it funny and somewhat hypocritical that a thread thats sole purpose is to rally support against the Carolina Hurricanes was initiated on a message board that happens to be created by, run by, managed by and completely overseen by the Carolina Hurricanes?

There's probably several other fan sites where this thread would be more appropriate and far less hypocritical. Feel free to continue the discussion......on whatever site it ends up on.

I'm not going to question anyone's decision to go or not to go to games. Nor am I going to question anyone's level of fandom. As far as I am concerned, whether diehard or fairweather, we are all Canes' fans.

But I will say to those who live close to Raleigh, be thankful that you do have a professional sports team in your city. From where I live, I'd have to travel over 2 and a half hours in any direction to see any kind of professional sports. But it's not really the amount of time that's an issue for me so much as finances that prevents me from spending an entire day travelling and going to see a game.

This isn't a rally cry to boost attendance, either. If you don't want to go because you can't financially, or you don't like the product, that's your decision. But for me, even though we haven't played well all season, I'm enjoying my first year of hockey fandom. One day I'll make it to a game. One day...

I think I'm rambling a bit, but I guess the whole reason I posted is because I have problems when self-proclaimed "diehards" make statements that they don't want fairweather fans around. I'm not a diehard yet and I still consider myself a casual fan as I learn more about the sport. But I wouldn't turn away a group of Canes fans, fairweather or not.

Okay, my rant's over. I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread. Go Canes!

If I had the finances, I'd have season tickets. Unfortunately I don't, so we go when we can and that's likely to be fewer times this year than last.

The product on the ice will impact that a bit, but it's more likely the depth of my wallet.

I don't think anyone has to defend themselves on their fandom. Unless you say your an STH then no one knows and who the heck cares anyway. If you sit here and read this forum more then 20 times a day your covered.

I don't even have this site bookmarked, my fingers just instantly type "fans." and the rest pops up.

Plain and simple. The only way for change and to get the attention of management is to impact them financially. Don't go to any more games until some significant changes are made to this team. We can't have a Stanley Cup team every year. However we DO deserve a quality product that is exciting and entertainting to watch. And "small market" team doesn't cut for me. If we can't have a quality product on the ice then don't have hockey teams in "small markets".

As I said three weeks earlier and with all due respect to the detractors that commented on this thread, this is the only way management and owners are going to listen. We have wasted another three weeks of effort, time and only increased the frustration and anger of fans. Again, Just Don't Go.

Again, Just Don't Go.

for the ten remaining games in my package I am going unless I can sell the tickets at cost. should any special offers be extended, I am not buying. trying to minimize costs when I do go to a game; take the Caniac Coach and may buy a lemon-aide. almost all the remaining games are on FOX-Carolinas or on CI.

Edited by colliefan

Again, Just Don't Go.

for the ten remaining games in my package I am going unless I can sell the tickets at cost. should any special offers be extended, I am not buying. trying to minimize costs when I do go to a game; take the Caniac Coach and may buy a lemon-aide. almost all the remaining games are on FOX-Carolinas or on CI.

I completely undestand your position. You paid good money based on the promise of quality entertainment. In today's world it is very difficult to justify wasting any kind of money. I am in a similar situation having full season tkts. However I am trying to sell as many tkts as I can to at least recoup some of my money and I have decided to end my 14 year run of having season tkts -- I will not renew next year. I just don't see this team being run any different as long the current ownership and management are in place.

Really we had to bump this otherwise dead topic?

Why not? If management is indeed keeping tabs on the forum to see the reactions of the fans, then I'd think they'd be interested in seeing that STH are actively trying to sell tickets rather than go see the hot garbage they're putting on the ice. Provide quality entertainment and people will pay to see it. Be cheap, provide a lame team led by a lame duck coach, and watch your attendance disappear.

What about a statement like this that fits many for Thursday 12/3 if no change is made.

"Vacate RBC"

1. During the first period, stay in the concourse but not your seat.

2. or in the Grass area outside near VIP entrance for the 1st period

3. Show up late around 8PM.

4. or just stay home that night.

Show the organization what an arena looks like if you're considering not renewing or attending less often. Unlike "Occupy" here's what is sought:

1. A statement from the organization about coaching and players, starting with a coaching change.

2. Honesty and transparency from employees, including broadcasts.

Event cancelled :) since we got No.1.

Edited by Manwolf

From a corporate point of view, STH and sold single tickets are already money in the bank. The thing they notice is a lack of day-of-game sales.. and I'm fairly sure that's already blinking red for them. Can you imagine anyone saying, "Those highlights on SportsCenter looked amazing.. let's get the kids in the car and go see a Canes game!"

Really we had to bump this otherwise dead topic?

Don’t think this is "dead" topic. I wonder how many fans think as I do and aren't really looking forward to going to games that remain in their STH package. The product that is being presented doesn't seem to inspire people to invest time and money into going to the games. Also wonder if the increase for week-of-gane pricing is a decision keeping people from making spur-of-the moment decisions to go to a game.

Contrast what is happening with the Kitty-kats as to what is going on with the Canes. If the same energy and enthusiasm were to take place here, I am certain that every night would be close to a sellout. Now is seems that the only ones that bring energy and enthusiasm are fans of the opposing team.

with the news of today, this can become a dead thread. with the change in the head coach position, we have no excuse not wanting to go. can't wait to see what he can do with the current team.

So finally a decision has been made (well it took sometime didn't it?). Based on this I am gonna give JR the benefit of the doubt in that he really wants the Canes to be successful. I'll be buying tickets again (but not season tickets quite yet!).

Good luck to the new man, Kirk Muller, a nice Irish name if ever I heard one! (Just kidding folks) :)

Maybe we need some luck of the Irish now. Looking at his credentials I think Kirk brings some excellent qualities but the proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say. Now its up to the team to meet his new challenges. If not then start shaping a different team and attitudes.

As someone else said on the boards, not looking for playoffs every year but I think we should shoot for at least every other year don't you?

Go Canes, Go Kirk! Panthers watch out tomorrow!

:)

FreeRads rool ok!

Plain and simple. The only way for change and to get the attention of management is to impact them financially. Don't go to any more games until some significant changes are made to this team. We can't have a Stanley Cup team every year. However we DO deserve a quality product that is exciting and entertainting to watch. And "small market" team doesn't cut for me. If we can't have a quality product on the ice then don't have hockey teams in "small markets".

i say get rid of ward (probably couldn't with his insane contract) and scare staal into production (probably won't happen anyway but worth a shot) free up millions to get this team going again. hard to win with zero confidence in your number one goalie.