The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
super_dave_1

Skinner bobblehead distribution

I wanted to give the Canes organization a big "shout out" for how the post game bobblehead deal was handled. They were in a tough position with them not arriving before the game. When I heard the announcement that they arrived during the game and would be distributed after on the south lawn, I pictured a massive "fail". It went very smooth and orderly. After we got ours and got back to the car, we hung around and talked until about 1030. Before we left, the truck and forklift was moving out and they were cleaning up the area.

I know some will complain, but I didn't even see anybody appear upset.

I made a comment to Jon Chase after about how good it went, and he was unsure if I was being sarcastic. Not so, Jon. Good job.

They probably did it that way knowing the Canes would get beat, people would just leave the game with their "bobbleheads" in hand & With having to wait til after the game people would stay in their seats bobbleing thier own heads until The Skinner bobbles were givin out!!

Only the Canes could bobble A BOBBLEHEAD nite!!

Classic situation where the Canes will look bad but it had nothing to do with them and nothing they could control.

I thought that they handled this fantastic and was amazed at how quick and easy it was to get the bobblehead after the game. The ticket idea was fantastic and all around, very well done.

Two thumbs up to the Canes for making a nightmare be very smooth and simple.

In my other post I gave the organization a "fail" for this, simply because you have to wonder why they cut it so close.

But you guys are right, they recovered. Little girls were crying coming into the game, but later they went crazy (I mean NUTS) when they announced they'd be available after the game.

We walked over to the south lawn but it was way too crowded. Maybe you hit it earlier or later. We'll pick it up at a future game... as promised by the guy with the megaphone.

In my other post I gave the organization a "fail" for this, simply because you have to wonder why they cut it so close.

But you guys are right, they recovered. Little girls were crying coming into the game, but later they went crazy (I mean NUTS) when they announced they'd be available after the game.

We walked over to the south lawn but it was way too crowded. Maybe you hit it earlier or later. We'll pick it up at a future game... as promised by the guy with the megaphone.

I too wonder why things are cut so close, but I also know it's a long and complicated journey from the Chinese sweatshop that made these things to the RBC Center. The lawn was very crowded, but the lines moved quickly and pretty orderly.

but I also know it's a long and complicated journey from the Chinese sweatshop

That's really no joke. Each bobblehead is a unique piece of art. Check yours and your friend's next time. The painting is different on each one. Hand painted in China.

I wonder what is in that paint? Let's say I wouldn't let small children handle these too often. Most of my old bobble heads are changing color. If you didn't know better, based on my bobblehead, Cam ward is of African origin.

I thought the process of lining up was disorganized when first leaving the arena. Once you got up to the point of the metal fences, it went smoother. My pet peeve is why we should give the bobbleheads to people wearing the jerseys of the other team. I think the bobbleheads should only go to people wearing canes gear and definitely not the other teams gear. It should only be for our fans.

Yea I can't think of something I'd enjoy more then watching each fan of the other team protest and therefore keep me in line for a 5$ bobblehead much longer then originally planned.

Have a family member who was behind the scenes on this and the word is, the truck broke down that was bringing them. That is how they knew it could be there by 3rd. Big kudos for the way it was handled. Sometime stuff just happens.

People would say, well they should have had it a week ago? Where do you store 10,000 plus Bobbleheads and why pay for a trailer to sit in the parking lot. Business runs this way.

If people complain about this, there is a big telephone pole outside your house, go argue and complain to it.

People would say, well they should have had it a week ago?

And to them I would ask this question...

Should they order 12000 Tomas Kaberle bobbleheads today, or wait until closer to time to make sure he is still on the team? I think I'd rather have a Mo bobblehead anyway.(sarcasm alert)

Edited by super_dave_1