The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
htroberts

increasing my post count

I think the requirement for 20 posts before one can start new topics is fairly asinine, but, hey, it's the Internet. Asinity reigns (actually, that's not true--it usually gets stamped out pretty quickly as long as the rules are set by the community and not some corporate overlord).

I'm local, and went to a few Icecaps games back in the early 90's, but never really even knew the rules. I married a Midwestern girl, who introduced me to the Hurricanes, so now I'm a fan. We went to several games in Greensboro and bought season tickets for the inaugural RBC season. Both of us were laid off from Nortel, so that expense needed to go away, but now we're back, in section 117.

I think the requirement for 20 posts before one can start new topics is fairly asinine,

Welcome... the post limit is in place because we receive a high level of spam from around the world (people trying to sell knock off jerseys for example), as well as fans from other teams that think its a real hoot to troll, spam and be overall hostile towards our members. When I first joined the hurricanes board years ago it was awful... hundreds of post daily from spamming and people posting the most vile comments over and over and over again. Trust me, its there for a reason and not to just be asinine.

At least you admitted you were trying to increase your post count. :) That''s something.

Welcome aboard.