The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Any GeoCachers here?

After almost a full day outside in this gorgeous NC November, I have failed at 4 different cache's today. :(

Taking suggestions or secrets from anyone more successful than me. It was a great day with the family but it would have been nice to have found at least one! We're hitting the RBC/Carter Finley area tomorrow, maybe I'll have more luck than the Canes?

I've read about it but never done it. I don't have a handheld GPS (or good with Lat/Long). Sounds very cool though.

I've read about it but never done it. I don't have a handheld GPS (or good with Lat/Long). Sounds very cool though.

Its a blast, my kids spent 4 hours hiking through the woods this afternoon instead of playing Xbox or threatening to kill each other. They were disappointed we had to quit because we lost too much daylight to continue.

Like Eric, I have heard about it and read up on it but haven't take part yet. I think it'll be a fun date, so now I just need to find a female... perhaps that's the first cache on my list.

My fiancee has tried it but never found them. It sounds cool on paper but the truth is it seems people steal these caches and your just led on a wild goose chase.

Edited by legend-1

My fiancee has tried it but never found them. It sounds cool on paper but the truth is it seems people steal these caches and your just led on a wild goose chase.

Our first day was pretty slow but the next day we found 4 out of 6. Once you've found a few you get a better feel for where and how to look. All the leaves that have fallen have made some very difficult to find but so far there's only one we've searched for that I swear isn't there anymore.