The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
model-citizen-1

Yes, I am ok

Good to hear that you're okay. Must have been frightening. A kid in my class said that he talked to his older brother on the phone yesterday, and that his brother was crying. He told me that he'd never seen or heard his brother cry before.

It's just awful. :(

Glad you are ok and that it was not later in the day. My mother knows one of the students there (thankfully he too is OK). My family's thoughts and prayers are with everyone there at VT.

7 schools around the country were on lockdown for periods of time today due to threats. 1 or more mentioning what happened at VT.

http://www.comcast.net/news/national/index..._univbombscares

Good to hear you're OK, MC. What did they do in NY? I've kind of forgotten about the hockey world these last couple of days.

I was walking around campus to get some food and saw several prayer circles being held.

Rumor is Peacock & Co. are going to put on a memorial service at Sanford Mall tomorrow evening, and an email's going to be sent out about it in the morning. I might go... I have several friends up there, and while they're all OK physically, they're not doing so well emotionally. The two that I've spoken with personally both know people who got shot... and one of them was killed. I'm not going to lie, this whole thing rattled me a bit... partly because of the kind of place it happened in (if it can happen in Blacksburg, it truly can happen anywhere), partly because I'm in college and can walk through buildings and envision that kind of situation, and partly because of how many connections I have to Tech.