The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
jeromeo87

2012 Off Season Discussion

With Semin here, do you think JR is still looking at any trades for forwards? If he is we could have three scoring lines. Now either Tlusty or Jokinen will be scoring from the 3rd line!!! Can't believe JR and PK did it.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!

Someone once said this year would be different.

I cannot frankly believe it actually happened!

Staal got his winger.

Holy cow, if this guy plays to get the chip off his shoulder we are going to be lighting it up!

They better not cancel any games.

This is by far the best offseason since I've been a fan.

YES.

Edited by remkin

BTW I thought we ont his board had already made this decision a while ago and TSA was going to instruct JR accordingly. What's the hold up?

I had no idea TSA actually had that much juice with JR :notworthy:

Per Eklund, for what it is worth:

ON Semin...

I am hearing more regarding Alex Semin every day and tonight the latest has this as a two-way battle between NJ and Pitt. One source I really trust believes NJ is the leading candidate now...I also must add I keep hearing not to rule out the Capitals in this. They have kept constant lines of communication with Semin's group the entire time here...

Where is JR????

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ....epic fail

Boom...There it is. Prepare yourself for JR's new show "Canes Got Talent"

J. Staal & Semin in the same off season...Wow!

Still would be nice to sign Dominic Moore for our third line center spot!

With Semin here, do you think JR is still looking at any trades for forwards? If he is we could have three scoring lines. Now either Tlusty or Jokinen will be scoring from the 3rd line!!! Can't believe JR and PK did it.

Possibly. The d still needs help. Though, Muller has mentioned wanting more scoring on the third line. HOWEVER, Tlusty seems to only really put up the numbers when with Staal, so.. I don't know.

We've both brought up Horton and McQuiad. Boston might be looking to get a little more cap room, and they are definitely looking for a pucking moving dman. Though, Horton and McQuiad are both big bodies - Boston's style. But yeah, Horton and McQuaid - exactly what we need. Muller has talked a lot about bigger players, as well.

Still would be nice to sign Dominic Moore for our third line center spot!

Wouldn't be a bad signing.. How about Jason Arnott? He would bring more size and offense to the third line - Something Muller has talked about.

See? Patience guys...that's all it took...patience...

Here's hoping we get to see Semin do some awesome things this season...starting with OWNING the Crapitals!

Possibly. The d still needs help. Though, Muller has mentioned wanting more scoring on the third line. HOWEVER, Tlusty seems to only really put up the numbers when with Staal, so.. I don't know.

We've both brought up Horton and McQuiad. Boston might be looking to get a little more cap room, and they are definitely looking for a pucking moving dman. Though, Horton and McQuiad are both big bodies - Boston's style. But yeah, Horton and McQuaid - exactly what we need. Muller has talked a lot about bigger players, as well.

Needless to say, I agree with you. But as somebody mentioned Horton maybe a little hesitant or even fragile but I hope not. I always liked his style with Florida and Boston. It seems like it might be easier to go after Horton and McQuaid packaged deal.

As for Tlusty, in the beginning they could decide to leave him with Eric and Semin and move Jussi to the 3rd line. Jussi is a very adaptable scorer. I'm lucky forward to seeing Jiri play with that extra weight and strength.

Edited by Bill_B

I want to say thank you to JR and PK for all the work they have done this offseason. We got J.Staal, went after Parise, Suter and Nash (even if we failed to get any of them, it's something in of itself for us going after them), and now signing Semin.

Next up is that bottom six gritty forward JR has been talking about.

I'd like for us to improve our defense by signing either Colaiacovo or Rozsival. Those are actually defensive defensemen from what I've heard.

Our top six looks way better with Semin! As I stated in the Semin topic, if things don't work out with him, its not a big deal since we have him for only one year. If we let him go, hopefully we'll replace him with one of next summers UFA's.

According to the Caps message board (Semin thread) we have already won the division next season. They seem worried about their lack of fire power, and our huge amount of fire power!

Wouldn't be a bad signing.. How about Jason Arnott? He would bring more size and offense to the third line - Something Muller has talked about.

I would be fine with Arnott...but holding auditions at 3rd line center doesn't thrill me...Nash, Welsh, Rask, Dalpe, or moving Brent up just doesn't give me confidence in filling Sutter's hole.

Move J. Staal up & then we got two holes at center.

I think by getting Semin then J. Staal will be our 2nd line center which is exactly where he needs to be.

We now have a legitimate playoff team...if we get a true 3rd line center, or strength the D then we could move up to cup contender.

According to the Caps message board (Semin thread) we have already won the division next season. They seem worried about their lack of fire power, and our huge amount of fire power!

Coupled with our lack of prima-donnas and their huge quantity of it!

Needless to say, I agree with you. But as somebody mentioned Horton maybe a little hesitant or even fragile but I hope not. I always liked his style with Florida and Boston. It seems like it might be easier to go after Horton and McQuaid packaged deal.

As for Tlusty, in the beginning they could decide to leave him with Eric and Semin and move Jussi to the 3rd line. Jussi is a very adaptable scorer. I'm lucky forward to seeing Jiri play with that extra weight and strength.

Well, Boston wants a puck-moving d, but needs to create cap room.. and room on the backend..

McBain, Tlusty, Stewart - Horton, McQuiad? Risky? Yeah, but Horton has been cleared for contact.. McQuiad is big, reliable.. makes up SOME of what we lost by losing Allen.

Woooohoooo Semins coming baby! Holy crap, not only do we have an awesome top 6 but don't forget about our awesome new coach either. Gonna be a big year baby.

I think he would be a good fit and he can get dirty in front of the net. The problem has been his health and at age 38 may not be in the plans.

Michael Smith‏@MSmithCanes - RT @MikeSundheim: @dmanakhov His agent was very firm with me today that Alexander can and will speak English.

Anyone else think we still might take a look at Evgeni Artyukhin, just to make things a bit easier for him? We are looking for someone like Artyukhin..

Chip Alexander‏@ice_chip - Some questions about Semin's English. Rutherford says he had no problems conversing with Semin.

maybe not..

Edited by jeromeo87

Watch the guy light it up. Here he knows he is a star. All he has to do is score and he will have an elite center feeding him the puck. I think the fans will embrace him here and really help boost his confidence.

I would be fine with Arnott...but holding auditions at 3rd line center doesn't thrill me...Nash, Welsh, Rask, Dalpe, or moving Brent up just doesn't give me confidence in filling Sutter's hole.

Move J. Staal up & then we got two holes at center.

I think by getting Semin then J. Staal will be our 2nd line center which is exactly where he needs to be.

We now have a legitimate playoff team...if we get a true 3rd line center, or strength the D then we could move up to cup contender.

Based on Tlusty's chemistry with Staal, I think the logical move is put Jussi in the three hole and Jordan as our second center. Think about this:

Semin-E Staal-Tlusty

Skinner-J Staal-Ruutu

Nodl/Dwyer-Jokinen-Larose

Nodl/Dwyer-Brent-Stewart