The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
jeromeo87

2012 Off Season Discussion

With this signing selling out the upper bowl with STH should be a lock. Add to that the reasonably prices seats in the top eight rows of the lower bowl should go as well. Can't wait for the season to start!!!!!!!!!!

Chip Alexander‏@ice_chip - Some questions about Semin's English. Rutherford says he had no problems conversing with Semin.

maybe not..

Money Talks...Nobody Walks! :thumbsup2:

Based on Tlusty's chemistry with Staal, I think the logical move is put Jussi in the three hole and Jordan as our second center. Think about this:

Semin-E Staal-Tlusty

Skinner-J Staal-Ruutu

Nodl/Dwyer-Jokinen-Larose

Nodl/Dwyer-Brent-Stewart

I would be fine with Jokinen as our third line center, but isn't he on record as wanting to play wing?

But I do like your lines!

oh man his tears taste like candy hahahaha :kleenex::D

And to think there are some who actually put stock in Eklund or others like him.

Money Talks...Nobody Walks! :thumbsup2:

Money is the universal language ;)

We are currently about $1.5 million over the floor. Over the past several years, we end up around 5-6 million over.

Really good point.. I woud love to think JR isn't done yet.

Canes get their top winger, time to pay some attention to defense.

Really good point.. I woud love to think JR isn't done yet.

A big solid bruising stay at home dman would be nice.

A solid at least decent playmaking checking 3rd line center.

A goon?

Thank goodness this is finally over. Now I can stop reading this endless, mind numbing thread. It was bordering on the thread about poutine on the HF Boards. -_-

Semin-E Staal-Tlusty

Skinner-J Staal-Ruutu

Nodl/Dwyer-Jokinen-Larose

Nodl/Dwyer-Brent-Stewart

I would be fine with this, I like what Tlusty has done. Personally though, I think I'd put Jussi up on one of the top 2 lines, he is a very good playmaker and can feed our snipers, and he's put up 30 goals before. Tlusty, LaRose plus one would be a formidable third line. Then there's Bowman. Too many wingers now. Need some centers. Isn't Dalpe a center?

Edited by remkin

376696_10151015499374773_1426069548_n.jpg

“I’m very happy to be a Carolina Hurricane,” said Semin. “It’s a great fit for me. I look forward to playing with great players, and putting together a winning season.”

A big solid bruising stay at home dman would be nice. - Vandermeer? McQuaid?

A solid at least decent playmaking checking 3rd line center. - Arnott? Cullen? Peverley?

A goon? - Stortini? Artyukhin?

If you have read the entire book cover to cover...

215 pages of angst, chapters of remkin cajoling, pleading, begging...

Page after page of Bill_B racking up his post count...

The agony of defeat as the names came off the board... The collective sighing of the caniac nation...

The renewal of hope as JR keeps plugging along, looking for that equation that can work without selling the entire farm to get there...

Who would have thought that we would actually get both the winger, AND the center... and keep the D prospects...

It has been a tough book to read, but I sure am liking the way it looks like it is ending...

I can hardly wait for the sequel... "2012-2013 - It's Hurricane Season"

The agony of defeat as the names came off the board... The collective sighing of the caniac nation...

The renewal of hope as JR keeps plugging along, looking for that equation that can work without selling the entire farm to get there...

Who would have thought that we would actually get both the winger, AND the center... and keep the D prospects...

It has been a tough book to read, but I sure am liking the way it looks like it is ending...

One word... patience. Thanks for the chuckle hag65 :)

The puck doesn't drop for 79 more days. Lots of time to make deals.

So, now we need to focus on

1. Stay at home D-Man (I'd prefer to get this done through trade, since we're overstocked on depth players, not all of which can go to the Checkers, and trading opens up a lot more options then free agency provides. I can see us putting together a package to get Murray from the Sharks.)
  2. 2nd/3rd Line Center, dependent on what line Jordan plays on. (How I wish we still had Cullen.)

I don't think an enforcer type is a requirement, though it would be nice considering we're now a team loaded with elite talent (Skinner, J. and E. Staal, Semin, and Cam,) which could put some targets on our backs.

One word... patience. Thanks for the chuckle hag65 :)

The puck doesn't drop for 79 more days. Lots of time to make deals.

Yep, stay in the game. Plenty of time. Besides, JR is on a roll. :notworthy:

HAH! What can I say? I retired at the end of April. Guess you can tell...hmmm.

Edited by Bill_B

HAH! What can I say? I retired at the end of April. Guess you can tell...hmmm.

keep writing bill. great posts... and no way McQuaid leaves bruins, one of the top four, maybe their best dman..

And to think there are some who actually put stock in Eklund or others like him.

^^^

My+reaction+to+jersey+shore+cancellation_4bef83_3784999.gif

As long as we don't have Semin fighting, hes got all the tools to turn things around for himself in terms of his reputation. Even if he doesn't shatter the score sheet he is going to be better then most of our options in the top 6. Work on the third line center situation, maybe one more 4th liner to fight for a spot and some one to replace Allen's role... Don't know if all of that will happen but I am pretty excited for my 12 games this season :D

With Semin here, do you think JR is still looking at any trades for forwards? If he is we could have three scoring lines. Now either Tlusty or Jokinen will be scoring from the 3rd line!!! Can't believe JR and PK did it.

I think we are still looking for that 4th line wing and maybe if the opportunity presents itself a 3rd line center. I think Tlusty is going to remain in the top 6. Just a hunch. Do you think we could start the season with the line-up we have now? I think we could and make moves as the season goes on.

I think Tlusty is going to remain in the top 6. Just a hunch.

This points out what a wonderfully unique position we are in. We now have too many top 6 forwards.

I don't disagree with Tlusty in the top 6, but who do you kick out?

Even with a very off year in goals Jussi was our #2 point producer. He's our only pure playmaker.

Ruutu? On paper he'd actually be the more logical choice. Tlusty put up more points than Ruutu last year and Tlusty didn't do much the first 2/3 of the year, so if he kept at the pace of his last 27....

The great thing is that if anyone is out of the top 6 for a while we have a serious replacement ready.

JR has 12 forwards signed to one-way deals, Welsh would make it 13. It will be interesting to see what happens in the bottom 6.

I've almost given up hope for a more balanced defense, but not completely.

Like I said, JR is on a roll. :notworthy: