The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
jeromeo87

2012 Off Season Discussion

Our group likes the early Sunday games ....

Plus you are home by dark.

No one likes them the way I do because when it's 1:30 PM in Raleigh, it's only 10:30 PM here and I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to watch a game.:D

Edited by aRyazanCaniac

Read on TSN...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405254

...teams placed 63 players on waivers. I guess this is in anticipation of a lockout and being sent to the AHL. Listed Canes players are Brett Bellemore, Nicolas Blanchard, Zach Boychuk, Justin Krueger, Jerome Samson, Brett Sutter, Chris Terry, Tim Wallace, Justin Peters, Marc-Andre Gragnani, and Bobby Sanguinetti.

Why are we waiving half our minor league team right before a lockout? To make room for the regulars to go down and play for the Checkers?

Why are we waiving half our minor league team right before a lockout? To make room for the regulars to go down and play for the Checkers?

These guys have to clear waivers to be sent down. They are guys on two way deals.

I wouldn't be surprised if theres some sort of gentleman's agreement to not steal each others players right now otherwise why would you do this.

Given that I said that, I expect them to all be claimed now :P

I wouldn't be surprised if theres some sort of gentleman's agreement to not steal each others players right now otherwise why would you do this.

Why that would be collusion, wrong, and illegal. Yeah, it's probably like that.

Wouldn't it be fantastic for this to be the thing that broke the solidarity of the owners :pray:

Edited by super_dave_1

These guys have to clear waivers to be sent down. They are guys on two way deals.

Down from where? Were they at the NHL level at this point? I figured they'd all be at the minor contract to begin with.

Down from where? Were they at the NHL level at this point? I figured they'd all be at the minor contract to begin with.

There are rules concerning games played, seasons, etc. that if players meet a certain threshold, they have to clear waivers to be sent down to an affiliate team or back up to the NHL squad.

It's interesting to me the Canes exempted Dalpe and Bowman, but Sanguinetti gets put on waivers. More so considering Dalpe than Bowman. I think Bowman makes the squad.

Other than Murphy, I can't see any prospect with a more realistic chance of making the team out of a theoretical camp than those three.

It's interesting to me the Canes exempted Dalpe and Bowman, but Sanguinetti gets put on waivers. More so considering Dalpe than Bowman. I think Bowman makes the squad.

Other than Murphy, I can't see any prospect with a more realistic chance of making the team out of a theoretical camp than those three.

Yeah, but I think you were right about the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" agreement on waivers with the lockout eminent.

Yeah, but I think you were right about the "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" agreement on waivers with the lockout eminent.

Meaning Burke who has no ethics could have a helluva prospect pool next year :D

With the lock-out on Jussi Jokinen (Karpat) inked a deal in Finland according to the Globe and Mail

So I guess this thread won't be ending anytime soon.

Nope. I think the thread is good for another day or two.

...or longer.

One tough way to save gas money, with today's high prices.

Maybe one of our moderators needs to start a new subject: hockey news around the KHL

Or three...or four... or five.....

Jiri Tlusty gone to Kladno according to Chip Alexander.

According to Daren Dredger, Hockey Canada and the NHLPA are discussing a Canada-Russia series involving locked out NHL players. Part of 40th anniversary of 72.

Don't you just love these NHL players going overseas to take the job of a player over there? Can you imagine how they would feel if the owners brought in replacment players? What a bunch of bums!

According to Daren Dredger, Hockey Canada and the NHLPA are discussing a Canada-Russia series involving locked out NHL players. Part of 40th anniversary of 72.

That would be... interesting. Though I can see why Hockey Canada would want to do it. ;)

If it is limited to locked-out NHL players (and excludes AHL and KHL players), Canada will have a few hundred players to choose from, and Russia will have, well, a few players.

Just from a quick look, Russia would have available a total of four forwards, five defensive-men, and four goalies. I guess to attempt to make things more even, they could allow all four goalies to play at the same time. ;)

So, not that I wouldn't be interested in seeing something like this, but I can't imagine what they have in mind.

Don't you just love these NHL players going overseas to take the job of a player over there? Can you imagine how they would feel if the owners brought in replacment players? What a bunch of bums!

I'm not sure about the other leagues, but none of the players going to the KHL will be replacing any players. The KHL added three spots per team to add NHLers. They may temporarily get their playing time, but not their jobs. The KHL, and I would think other leagues, know it is likely (hopefully?) to be temporary, and have planned accordingly. They will use the high profile players to drum up interest, which could benefit the players there in the long run.

I guess if they were striking, I might feel differently, but it is one of the few things the players have as far as leverage goes. I imagine the NHL as a whole would prefer not to have their stars playing in other leagues, and I imagine the owners are not too comfortable with their individual stars playing elsewhere due to the risk of injury.

WHats funny is when Tretiak approached Hockey Canada a few years ago they said hell no. Now their crawling back to him, he outta give them a hell no.