The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
jeromeo87

2012 Off Season Discussion

That is not true. Many players had to clear waivers to be sent to the AHL teams. Skinner did not because he does not require waivers, as he has not played enough games. He was under by a dozen games or so.

Thanks JLP. I stand corrected. Knew that there was some grace period between seasons but didn't realize that waiver requirements kick back in again 12 days prior to the new season. So yes, it could affect quite a few players actually the longer they manage to stay up.

The first day of the season which players are subject to waivers is twelve days prior to the start of the regular season, until the last day after the end of the team's season. It should be noted that the league resets all waiver transactions at the beginning of the next season's waiver period.

I see Bowman signed a AHL contract with the Checkers. At least he will be playing and keeping sharp.

Could not agree more. That's exactly where I have us ranked.

Can we just get this party started please?

Amen...talking again tomorrow but still the non-essentials. So frustrating as we are really just waiting for someone to blink, even half a blink, maybe a wink and the negotiations will get moving quickly. Just a matter of who's eyes get dry first.

EA Sports Season Preview with Canes mentioned around 2:50. Plus, at least you get to see the guys suit up, even if it is just digitally.

Link

Edited by RNT82

this is sad. we have fallen so low in boredom column that it is to the point of video game power rankings are interesting. the end of that road leads to this. :spin: this has been known to get people fired.

I'm trying to supress all my hockey feelings right now, its like breaking up a relationship, you have to stay busy and not think about it and drink plenty of alcohol. Fall weather and the holidays just won't be the same without games to watch, ......another shot please.

Finding a rebound sport would be cool, cept where the phrase "theres other fish in the sea" doesn't really pan out well when the sea only has about 5-10 fishes.

EA Sports Season Preview with Canes mentioned around 2:50. Plus, at least you get to see the guys suit up, even if it is just digitally.

Link

The game looks great... I might have to get it.

Best quote from the comments section:

"I guess ESPN didn't get the Gary Bettman Lockout patch for the game yet!"

And here's a link showing the scores of all the week 1 games. At least we didn't have to wait until the end of the season to score a SO win.

EA Sports NHL Week 1

Yeah...uh...this may be a bit sad, but still better than nothing.

Oct. 13 - CAR vs WPG

CAR 3

WPG 2 SO

Goals: E.Staal(1), Semin(1)

SO Goals: Jokinen, Dwyer, McBain, T. Wallace, Tlusty, Pitkanen

Edited by RNT82

EA Sports NHL Simulation Week 2

If only this were the real thing. After 5 games, we're 4-1-0 and 2nd in the East. Eric is tied for 5th in points (7) and tied for 3rd in goals (4). Jordan is tied for 6th in assists (5). Ward has a 4-0-0 record and is tied for 2nd in wins.

Please end the lockout. :crybaby:

Btw, is this simulation topic worthy of its own thread? I don't know how many of you are getting any entertainment from this like I am.

Oct. 15 - CAR vs VAN

CAR 1

VAN 2

Goals: E.Staal(2)

Oct. 17 - CAR vs ANA

CAR 5

ANA 4 OT

Goals: Semin(2), T.Wallace(1), Jokinen(1), Skinner(1), E.Staal(3)

Oct. 18 - CAR vs LA

CAR 3

LA 1

Goals: Skinner(2), McBain(1), Semin(3)

Oct. 20 - CAR vs SJ

CAR 4

SJ 3 OT

Goals: Spacek(1), LaRose(1) T.Wallace(2), E.Staal(4)

Edited by RNT82

EA Sports NHL Simulation Week 2

If only this were the real thing. After 5 games, we're 4-1-0 and 2nd in the East. Eric is tied for 5th in points (7) and tied for 3rd in goals (4). Jordan is tied for 6th in assists (5). Ward has a 4-0-0 record and is tied for 2nd in wins.

Please end the lockout. :crybaby:

Btw, is this simulation topic worthy of its own thread? I don't know how many of you are getting any entertainment from this like I am.

Pretty sad that I got a little excited reading those stats!

EA Sports NHL Simulation Week 3

Canes go 2-1-0 for the week to improve to 6-2-0 and remain 2nd in the East. The Staal brothers have fallen from the offensive stat leaderboards, but Ward remains 2nd in wins and has a 6-1-0 record. ESPN is releasing game results on a daily basis, and I think the EA Sports site will release all game results for the week around Thursday. Btw, the Habs are a perfect 8-0-0 on the season so far and the Isles are leading the Atlantic, so take this simulation for what it's worth.

They better reach a deal soon. As fun as these simulations are, I'd rather see the real thing.

EDIT: See Jordan score against the Rangers at 1:50.

Oct. 23 - CAR vs BOS

CAR 0

BOS 2

Oct. 26 - NYR vs CAR

NYR 2

CAR 6

Goals: LaRose(2), J.Staal(1), Faulk(1), Jokinen(2), T.Wallace(3), Pitkanen(1)

Oct. 28 - CBJ vs CAR

CBJ 3

CAR 4

Goals: Corvo 2(2), Ruutu 2(2)

Edited by RNT82

At least you can say you're more productive than the NHLPA and the NHL ;)

Anyone know what Tlusty is up to?

While my enthusiasm for our line up is built upon our big boys, we also have several guys who if they step up could be beyond solid.

Tlusty, Jussi, even Ruutu could all be surprises to go with Skinner's breakout, Semin and E.Staal's reemergence and J.Staal's breakout.

OK this is just getting me depressed.

Anyway I am expecting a lot from Tlusty this year and wasn't sure if he was playing anywhere.

Plus this thread needed another post.

Anyone know what Tlusty is up to?

While my enthusiasm for our line up is built upon our big boys, we also have several guys who if they step up could be beyond solid.

Tlusty, Jussi, even Ruutu could all be surprises to go with Skinner's breakout, Semin and E.Staal's reemergence and J.Staal's breakout.

OK this is just getting me depressed.

Anyway I am expecting a lot from Tlusty this year and wasn't sure if he was playing anywhere.

Plus this thread needed another post.

Funny you should ask. ;)

In 14 games with Kladno in the Czech league, 9 goals, 5 assists, 6 PIM, +6.

Funny you should ask. ;)

In 14 games with Kladno in the Czech league, 9 goals, 5 assists, 6 PIM, +6.

A point per game with nearly double goals to assists.

I know that this lockout has caused a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth due to not being able to see my patented projections, so just for fun, Tlusty is on a 53 goal pace. Granted it's not the NHL, but still. Can't be a bad thing.

You know in an odd way, if the lockout ends soon, a guy like Tlusty might actually benefit from getting some games in at a lower level. Let him work on his offense more, keep his scoring confidence up, so long as it doesn't go too long.

A point per game with nearly double goals to assists.

I know that this lockout has caused a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth due to not being able to see my patented projections, so just for fun, Tlusty is on a 53 goal pace. Granted it's not the NHL, but still. Can't be a bad thing.

You know in an odd way, if the lockout ends soon, a guy like Tlusty might actually benefit from getting some games in at a lower level. Let him work on his offense more, keep his scoring confidence up, so long as it doesn't go too long.

I think so, and I'm glad he's playing somewhere, unlike some other guys who are just sitting around watching their expensive ride money vanish every day.

games = risk. think that is why skinner is not playing, if im not mistaken. tlusty is not in the exact same boat, but he is capable of taking up 1st line minutes instead of larose when someone gets hurt/we did not buy one in the first place. is that really worth it?

EA Sports NHL 13 Simulation Week 4

Canes go 2-1-0 for the second straight week to improve to 8-3-0 and remain 2nd in the East. Cam is still 2nd in wins with an 8-2-0 record.

Oct. 30- CAR vs. NJ

CAR 2

NJ 1

Goals: E. Staal(5), J. Staal(2)

Nov. 2nd - NYI vs. CAR

NYI 1

CAR 2

Goals: Semin(4), Ruutu(3)

Nov. 3rd - CAR vs. BUF

CAR 1

BUF 2

Goals: Skinner(3)

Edited by RNT82

games = risk. think that is why skinner is not playing, if im not mistaken. tlusty is not in the exact same boat, but he is capable of taking up 1st line minutes instead of larose when someone gets hurt/we did not buy one in the first place. is that really worth it?

I don't know... Is that beneficial to Skinner's development? A lot of his age-group are playing in Europe or AHL ... getting that extra year of professional experience. Jeff maybe staying in great shape but is he losing something by not lacing 'em up.