The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
jeromeo87

2012 Off Season Discussion

I know there's not a lot of love left here for Zach Boychuk, but he's on quite a roll so far this year:

blogs.newsobserver

And Charlotte? Really? 6-1-1 and ALL road games? Imagine if they had Skinner!

Held out hope for Boychuk longer than most, but I finally bailed on him last year when Muller seemed not to be interested, but some guys do get it together later than others....

I was looking forward to seeing Boychuk in training camp this year. I had read he was training hard over the summer and was in really good shape. I was curious to see if that would earn him one more look. Now his best bet is to keep putting up good numbers with the Chex and hope he gets another shot at the big club.

keeping im mind my limited hockey experience i will say this. i hope the kid gets it together. he was touted as something more than he was, i believe. i can remember just a few plays where he really stood out, not all of them good.

i know that we got skinner after that and all of a sudden we expect that from prospects, but even in my limited frame of reference he is not more than 4th line at best as of right now. i don't know the upside to this kid taking a roster spot(not that it matters now), even on the 4th line.

i do not know if he will be considered again unless he has a stellar camp.

I was looking forward to seeing Boychuk in training camp this year. I had read he was training hard over the summer and was in really good shape. I was curious to see if that would earn him one more look. Now his best bet is to keep putting up good numbers with the Chex and hope he gets another shot at the big club.

Boychuck playing well and look at our other young 'uns

Faulk 1G 8A; Bowman 7G 1A, Dalpe 2G 1A, Rask 1G 4A and centering the 3rd line. Whether all of this will translate to success is another question entirely (sans Faulk because we know what he can do here as a full time NHLer)but it looks darn good right now. When we get back to the NHL Rask and Weslh may have quite a battle for that spot on the 3rd line.

Edited by Law-Dawg

Boychuck playing well and look at our other young 'uns

Faulk 1G 8A; Bowman 7G 1A, Dalpe 2G 1A, Rask 1G 4A and centering the 3rd line. Whether all of this will translate to success is another question entirely (sans Faulk because we know what he can do here as a full time NHLer)but it looks darn good right now. When we get back to the NHL Rask and Weslh may have quite a battle for that spot on the 3rd line.

What is nice is that we look like we have some prospects now battling for limited spots. They seem to be energized since Muller was named coach.

Great, I've become another lockout casualty...my mom just emailed and pointed out that now that there is no hockey in November we're free to take her to see the Clay Aiken Christmas Concert.

Please NHL, END THE LOCKOUT! No one should have to endure that type of punishment! :bangHead:

Great, I've become another lockout casualty...my mom just emailed and pointed out that now that there is no hockey in November we're free to take her to see the Clay Aiken Christmas Concert.

Please NHL, END THE LOCKOUT! No one should have to endure that type of punishment! :bangHead:

Haha, now that made me laugh:)

Stop the madness!

Semin said he might stay in Russia...depending on.............

rsports

Carolina Hurricanes forward Alexander Semin may stay in the Russia-based KHL if the NHL lockout does not end in a generous enough deal for players,

I don't buy it. At least I hope I don't buy it.

if we lose this season, as stacked as we were up front, i am naming my next two dogs bettman(rottwieler) and fehr(chihuahua). it will remind me of how much crap this situation is every time that i take the dog out. it will remind me how full of crap bettman and fehr are every time they eat poop.

Mike Murphy is released by KHL Spartak

rsport

"Thank you Spartak for the great experience and for the buyout! #rainingrubles," Murphy said on Twitter.

After Murphy ran his mouth about the Canes this is somehow a little vindicating. I've kept up with him, and he was barely third on their depth chart.

send him and johnson to the fireantz.

a lot of these players have heads as big as blimps.

speaking of goalies, I don't understand how Dan Ellis is playing with the Checkers. how does that work? is he on loan to the Cane's system? sounds like he is burning up the AHL.

Edited by BrokenSeason

speaking of goalies, I don't understand how Dan Ellis is playing with the Checkers. how does that work? is he on loan to the Cane's system? sounds like he is burning up the AHL.

Ellis signed a tryout contract with the Chex in September.

Ellis 3-1-1 GAA 1.91 SV% 0.940

We signed him a few months ago. I think they had hopes he could be the NHL backup, which is ridiculous considering how terri-bad he is in the NHL.

I want to believe Murphy's ego isn't huge but tweeting that it's raining rubles is rather immature.

CanesNow - Chip Alexander

Jamie McBain headed to Finland and hopes to be back soon.

McBain said today he had signed an open-ended contract to play for the Lahti Pelicans in Finland's SM-liiga. The defenseman said he leaves Monday and may play in Finland until the NHL lockout ends.

CanesNow - Chip Alexander

Jamie McBain headed to Finland and hopes to be back soon.

Not sure about Skinner's agent. How are Seguin and other young guns doing it in Europe or AHL using his agent's arguments? Skinner seems to be short-changing himself, while his peers are getting more and more experience, ala Eric Staal in the last lockout.

I may be in the minority but just wait until one of these guys suffers a significant injury over there.

That said, I wonder if it was becoming apparent that the lock out was nearing and end, if Skinner could get a few AHL games in.

Of course the risk is still there, but smaller over just a few warm up games.

Not sure about Skinner's agent. How are Seguin and other young guns doing it in Europe or AHL using his agent's arguments? Skinner seems to be short-changing himself, while his peers are getting more and more experience, ala Eric Staal in the last lockout.

Puzzling isn't it!

Puzzling isn't it!

Seems like after his rookie season there was some discussion about Skinner needing to learn from the more experienced on how to both physically and mentally handle life in the NHL. I guess he decided he knows better. He is a star after all. Two years of play really do wonders for your career. Sorry I forgot the sarcasm alert. How much of his new contract is guaranteed? Funny thing would be one of these playing now passes him for a spot on one of the top two lines. Could happen.

Puzzling isn't it!

Sure makes you wonder about his post concussion recovery.