The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
jeromeo87

2012 Off Season Discussion

I have noticed that Tlusty hasn't been on the Kladno game roster/box scores for the past eight games or so. Does anybody know what's up with him?

Assuming I am intrepreting a translated webpage correctly, it looks like he is recovering from a write injury (torn ligaments). He is back practicing, and is expected to be able to return to play at the end of the international break. (Again, assuming I am intrepreting the translation correctly.)

Website (in Czech): http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-nhl/134505/tlusteho-zklamala-jednani-o-vyluce-skoda-v-nhl-to-vypadalo-nadejne.html

Edited by InvisibleCane

I have noticed that Tlusty hasn't been on the Kladno game roster/box scores for the past eight games or so. Does anybody know what's up with him?

I wish I knew too Whaler, I've been trying to find something but I guess you have to understand Czech to know.

Seems to me that if possible, Skinner shold think about getting a few Checkers games in.

I was against him risking injury for the long haul, but now he will either get a few games in to tune up, or if the season is gone he will get to keep his skills up.

A few days ago guys who played in the shortened season from the second to last lockout who were'nt playing somewhere previously hit a wall after a couple of games back.

In a shortened season, the fewer guys hitting that wall the better. Teams with a lot of them might find themselves in a hole there isn't time to climb out of in a short season. Might also make sense to use a few extra Checkers early.

Seems to me that if possible, Skinner shold think about getting a few Checkers games in.

I was against him risking injury for the long haul, but now he will either get a few games in to tune up, or if the season is gone he will get to keep his skills up.

A few days ago guys who played in the shortened season from the second to last lockout who were'nt playing somewhere previously hit a wall after a couple of games back.

In a shortened season, the fewer guys hitting that wall the better. Teams with a lot of them might find themselves in a hole there isn't time to climb out of in a short season. Might also make sense to use a few extra Checkers early.

@ice_chip: Skinner's agent, Rick Curran, said uncertainty of CBA negotiations and status of guaranteed contracts led him to advise Skinner to stay put.

@ice_chip: @horaxhorax Hall apparently had to insure his 7-year extension against an injury in AHL.

@ice_chip: Skinner's agent, Rick Curran, said uncertainty of CBA negotiations and status of guaranteed contracts led him to advise Skinner to stay put.

@ice_chip: Curran said Skinner wanted to play for Checkers. Said he told Skinner prudent decision was not to take the risk because of dollars involved.

I agree with you. Here are some comments by Chip as to why Skinner hasn't\isn't lighting up some AHLr's.

Edited by coastal_caniac

@ice_chip: @horaxhorax Hall apparently had to insure his 7-year extension against an injury in AHL.

I wonder if he could get a cheaper insurance policy if he committed to just a few games. I will play no more than 7 games without a new policy. Could the Checkers pick up the policy and the Canes re-emburse them when the lockout is over?

Just keep hearing about how no amount of training and scrimmaging can get you in game shape.

The more guys arriving in game shape the bigger advantage.

Guys like E.Staal historically start slow anyway. There will be no time to make up a slow start this year.

Guys like E.Staal historically start slow anyway. There will be no time to make up a slow start this year.

I've thought about slow starts and E. Staal for a while, since they seem to go hand in hand. No play that I've heard of at any level may mean another slooooooow start to what season there is. To be optimistic, I can hope that last season would make up for a couple of seasons, if not several.

Chip Alexander@ice_chipRyan Murphy on Team Canada for WJC.

In all the discussion sarcasm.jpg about our prospects kind of forgot about Ryan.

Wonder what happens to the 10 game tryout rule.

Wonder how his D has been.

I had figured he'd get a shot w/ the Canes.

Edited by remkin

EA Sports NHL 13 Simulation - Week 11

Fake Canes go 1-2-0 on the week, losing the Game of the Week to the Caps (highlights in video), and fall to 4th in the East with an 18-13-4 record. We trail the Caps by 5 points with one more game played than them.

Players of Note:

Skinner: T-6th in points (35); T-4th in goals (16)

E.Staal: T-6th in goals (15)

Semin: T-6th in goals (15)

Ward: 17-12-4 record; 7th in wins (17); 2.61 GAA

Dec. 20 - NSH vs. CAR

NSH 2

CAR 1

Goals: Skinner (16)

Dec. 22 - ANA vs. CAR

ANA 0

CAR 1

Goals: J.Staal (11)

Dec. 23 - CAR vs WSH

CAR 3

WSH 4

Note: Jokinen (8), Pitkanen (2), Ruutu (6)

Edited by RNT82

EA Sports NHL 13 Simulation - Week 12

Fake Canes remain 4th in the East, going 2-1-0 for the week to post a 20-14-4 record. However, we lost ground to the Caps, who are now 7 points ahead of us.

Canes of Note:

Skinner: 4th in points (40); 3rd in goals (20); T-6th in plus-minus (+15)

E.Staal: T-5th in goals (16)

Semin: T-7th in goals (15)

Ward: 19-13-4 record; T-4th in wins (19); 2.59 GAA

Dec. 26 - DET vs. CAR

DET 5

CAR 3

Goals: J.Staal (12), Skinner (17), Gleason (2)

Dec. 28 - CAR vs. CHI

CAR 3

CHI 1

Goals: Skinner 2 (19), Jokinen (9)

Dec. 29 - FLA vs. CAR

FLA 2

CAR 5

Goals: LaRose (7), E.Staal (16), Skinner (20), Ruutu (7), Nodl (2)

Edited by RNT82

Looks like Tlusty is back from his injury after missing something like 12 games. First game back after Christmas he had an assist, the second game back he scored two goals. He now has 23 points in 23 games and is a +17.

Looks like Tlusty is back from his injury after missing something like 12 games. First game back after Christmas he had an assist, the second game back he scored two goals. He now has 23 points in 23 games and is a +17.

:thumbsup2:

Final answer, it gets done this week, week of training camp, games start the 19th, 48 games, playoffs etc, dont mess with my thinking ,bettmen or fehr, this is GOING TO HAPPEN.. Happy new year caniacs!

EA Sports NHL 13 Simulation - Week 13

Fake Canes go 2-0-1 for the week, remain 4th in the East, and are 6 points behind division and conference leading Caps.

Canes of Note:

Skinner: 5th in points (44), 3rd in goals (23)

E.Staal: T-6th in goals (17)

Ward: T-6th in shutouts (4), 91.54 SV%

Dec. 31 - MTL vs. CAR

MTL 3

CAR 2 SO

Goals: Jokinen 2 (11)

SO Goals: Skinner

Jan. 3 - WSH vs. CAR

WSH 3

CAR 5

Goals: Semin (16), Skinner 3 (23), E.Staal (17)

Notes: Skinner Hat Trick

Jan. 5 - NYI vs. CAR

NYI 0

CAR 1

Goals: McBain (2)

Edited by RNT82

Bad news via Craig Custance's twitter feed:

"If season starts soon, Hurricanes will have to do it without Tuomo Ruutu. Told hip surgery will sideline him until May 1 at the earliest."

Bad news via Craig Custance's twitter feed:

"If season starts soon, Hurricanes will have to do it without Tuomo Ruutu. Told hip surgery will sideline him until May 1 at the earliest."

Did he injure it this season or was an old reoccurring injury?

http://blogs.newsobs...rgo-hip-surgery

While the NHL may soon solve its labor issues and could end up playing a 48-game regular season, the Canes will do it without forward Tuomo Ruutu.

General manager Jim Rutherford said Wednesday that Ruutu recently underwent hip surgery in Colorado and would sidelined until April at the earliest.

"We're not sure how long he will be out," Rutherford said. "Certainly through the regular season, if we play it. Maybe longer."

Rutherford said he did not know how Ruutu sustained the injury, noting the hard-charging Finn passed his year-end physical after last season.

"In August he started complaining about it," Rutherford said. "He tried a number of things to rehab it but it got to the point the doctors recommended surgery.

"There was really nothing that signaled surgery might be necessary. It just flared up. Like most athletes, hockey players have a lot of wear and tear on their hips."

Ruutu, 29, was the Canes' fifth-leading scorer last season with 34 points in 72 games, scoring 18 goals and adding 16 assists. He led all Canes skaters with 151 hits.

Edited by Ichigo-1

Well this just totally stinks.

From a scoring point of view I think Tlusty can step in and at least provide what Ruutu did point wise last season. But were going to lose that physicality and what a great attitude too.

Good thing we're deep at wing.

Jussi-EStaal-Semin

Skinner-JStaal-Tlusty

Is still a formidable top 6.

The question still remains who is the third line center, and this pretty much rules out Jussi for that.