The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
jeromeo87

2012 Off Season Discussion

Too bad the surgury couldn't have taken place in say august or September when he first started having trouble and the lockout had no end in sight, but I guess that's hindsight for yah.

That's why I was wondering if it was an old injury or something new.

Bad news for Ruutu.

JR, please stay away from the waiver wire, we need real talent.

Hey, I just made a hockey post. :thumbsup2:

And while I'm on a roll, amnesty buyout anyone?

Edited by coastal_caniac

Well this just totally stinks.

From a scoring point of view I think Tlusty can step in and at least provide what Ruutu did point wise last season. But were going to lose that physicality and what a great attitude too.

Good thing we're deep at wing.

Jussi-EStaal-Semin

Skinner-JStaal-Tlusty

Is still a formidable top 6.

The question still remains who is the third line center, and this pretty much rules out Jussi for that.

Likely Welsh and Nash battle it out for that spot...they are statistically pretty even in Charlotte; winning faceoffs, energy and defensive/shut down ability will with the day there.

3rd line of LaRose Welsh/Nash and Bowman could be solid defensively and add some secondary scoring.

Likely Welsh and Nash battle it out for that spot...they are statistically pretty even in Charlotte; winning faceoffs, energy and defensive/shut down ability will with the day there.

3rd line of LaRose Welsh/Nash and Bowman could be solid defensively and add some secondary scoring.

LaRose and Bowman (or Boychuck th_scared.gif) could score, but neither Nash nor Welsh is putting up numbers of much interest.

I would think Dalpe might be the best choice but they moved him to wing. One would assume that if they had plans for him as our third line center they'd move him back there to get some center time.

If Dalpe is a winger, we are seriously loaded with wingers.

I was hoping someone who watches the Checkers could comment on who is looking good in the center.

Another option might even be Brett Sutter who has more points than either Nash or Welsh, and even with Dalpe.

LaRose and Bowman (or Boychuck th_scared.gif) could score, but neither Nash nor Welsh is putting up numbers of much interest.

I would think Dalpe might be the best choice but they moved him to wing. One would assume that if they had plans for him as our third line center they'd move him back there to get some center time.

If Dalpe is a winger, we are seriously loaded with wingers.

I was hoping someone who watches the Checkers could comment on who is looking good in the center.

Another option might even be Brett Sutter who has more points than either Nash or Welsh, and even with Dalpe.

Wouldn't it be a tad ironic if another Sutter became our third-line center?

any word on Boucher's recovery from his surgery>

I found this from yesterday courier post online

VOORHEES — The lockout gang was back to work at Skate Zone the morning after New Year’s Day, this time all six of them — three Flyers, two Carolina Hurricanes who used to be Flyers and their hired coach.
Flyers skaters Kimmo Timonen, Jody Shelley and Lilja, and Hurricanes forward Andreas Nodl had a goaltender to shoot pucks at Wednesday with Carolina netminder Brian Boucher participating.

JR mentioned that not many players will be invited from the checkers to camp, so the game today (sold out I believe according to ticketmaster) will be a huge game for players wanting to make an impression on the boss while in the big house.