The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
jeromeo87

2012 Off Season Discussion

I'd like to think so as well, but it bothers me there has been a lot of talk of a goalie going back to Columbus in any package. We don't have one to offer. Will be interesting to see how the Nash sweepstakes turn out.

x

fingers crossed that we made a trade! But I am betting he gets traded to the Flyers...

I'm still thinking he gets traded to NYR. That makes more sense to me.

fingers crossed that we made a trade! But I am betting he gets traded to the Flyers...

I'm afraid you are probably right ... Flyers or NYR, especially if JR told Chip nothing will happen today. Boo!

I'm afraid you are probably right ... Flyers or NYR, especially if JR told Chip nothing will happen today. Boo!

No booing, yet.. Bobby Ryan? J.Staal? Parise? Semin? (no, please) Maybe even someone like Setoguchi, Oshie or Perron?

Edited by jeromeo87

Mark Spector Sports‏@SportsnetSpec - Bobby Ryan's availability will hurt Howson. Another good, young, big winger. Not as good as Nash, but close. Look great with E.Staal.

Well, that's pretty blunt.

Edited by jeromeo87

As much as I would love to have Nash, I wouldn't want to pay what Columbus is probably asking...here's hoping though.

Mark Spector Sports‏@SportsnetSpec - Bobby Ryan's availability will hurt Howson. Another good, young, big winger. Not as good as Nash, but close. Look great with E.Staal.

Well, that's pretty blunt.

That would be really nice. Ryan is only 25 and his cost might leave us flexibility room to get a stand-up d-man or gritty forward via trade or UFA...or even Jordan Staal!

Edited by Bill_B

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie - Breaking news: Hearing Jordan Staal turned down 10-yr mega offer from PIT. Has indicated to PIT he doesn't plan on signing extension now.

Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie - If Staal won't re-up in PIT, where he loves it, not expected to extend with anyone else who may trade for him. Except perhaps Carolina.

Welcome to Raleigh Jordan. Just kidding (kinda), but this is now a lot more encouraging coming from these additional sources.

Sounds like Howson is in a tough spot as well. Doesn't sound like teams are giving up what Columbus is asking for.

Edited by coastal_caniac

How good do you guys feel Staal is. Could you imagine our center combo if we get him?

Staal

Staal

Sutter

Holy shnikes!!

I'd love it; HOWEVER, Anaheim is in desperate need of a center. If we could form a deal involving Sutter (after we get J.Staal) to get Ryan, we should do it.

How good do you guys feel Staal is. Could you imagine our center combo if we get him?

Staal

Staal

Sutter

Holy shnikes!!

Don't forget about Brent, he plays his role well down on the 4th.

Dennis Bernstein‏@DennisTFP - "@N1CKELC0BALT: @DennisTFP what's your take on J. Staal. Canes clear cut?" Have to think so. Won't extend with any team dealt to but CAR

Hopefully we can do it with picks, prospects and D and keep the rest intact

Tlusty Staal Skinner

Jokinen Staal Ruutu

Dwyer/LaRose Sutter Nodl

Dwyer/LaRose Brent Stewart

That's Pretty solid...

Hopefully we can do it with picks, prospects and D and keep the rest intact

Tlusty Staal Skinner

Jokinen Staal Ruutu

Dwyer/LaRose Sutter Nodl

Dwyer/LaRose Brent Stewart

That's Pretty solid...

Trade Sutter, Tlusty, prospect for Ryan and line up looks even better.

Ryan Staal Jokinen

Skinner Staal Ruutu

Dwyer/LaRose Brent/FA Nodl

Dwyer/LaRose Welsh/FA Stewart

Or if Jokinen would have to be involved in one of the trades for J.Staal and Ryan..

Whitney Staal Ryan

Skinner Staal Ruutu

Dwyer/LaRose Brent/FA Nodl

Dwyer/LaRose Welsh/FA Stewart

Edited by jeromeo87

Chip Alexander‏@ice_chip - Canes GM Jim Rutherford on potential trades at draft: "I'm not overly optimistic about anything happening here."

Is JR playing hard to get?

THis stuff is driving me crazy. I'm going to go in hibernation or something and set my alarm for Independence Day (USA's version).

Dust should be settled by then, I hope.

Chip Alexander‏@ice_chip - Rutherford: "We'd like to add a player who will upgrade our team without giving up a core player. But that's tricky to do."

JR, stop being stubborn. You gotta give to get. Be brave. Think outside the box.

JR is sounding pretty stubborn about trading away any of his core group.

Can't blame him for not wanting to. Anyone that can unload Thomas Kaberle's contract mid season has the potential to be able to get anything done imo.

JR is sounding pretty stubborn about trading away any of his core group.

It's all part of the game to get a reasonable trade setup that benefits both sides.