The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
luvnjojo63

You could buy me a car with this money

Some people have more dollars than sense.

I suppose it might someday be worth that much money, but I'm not even sure if Gretzky game-worns would go for that much.

Rich people often spend money in odd ways. Not me I've got a mortgage to make and car payments and food to buy and gasoline and if I stretch things I can add a ten-pack to the Canes to my list of essentials. :mrgreen:

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=81718357&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=82065067' target="_blank">http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/...;aunbr=82065067[/post]

Eeeeeeeeeeeek. I'm sorry but am I cheap? Because I would NEVER pay that much for aannnnnyyyyyyyything except a very nice used car ...

Nor I, jojo. Hey, I turn 46 this September, and I'm still driving the '96 Toyota Tercel coupe I bought in September that year. :P The only difference now is that it has a tad more than 71K miles on it!

$14K ... let's see ... Mr. GSBG and I would be able to pay for a little less than half of the construction work needed for VdPYL's future wine-tasting area. A couple of months ago, we had a local business contractor visit our site; he said that for the tasting area to be brought up to mandatory standards of the county's Health Department, we'd need to shell out -- get this -- a minimum of $38,000. (So far, we haven't had other bids on the project. We'll check with a few other contractors so they can give us more competitive bids; for sure, $38K is hardly the lowest we'd need to pay for getting the tasting area and restroom up to restaurant quality.)

Jan/GSBG

.....please tell me the bid for that wasn't at five digits???

Well, Tangle, I live in Southern California. This is the region of the country where middle-class people take out 50-year mortgages to pay for 15-year-old houses, originally for middle-class families, that now cost more than $1 million. No shizzle. So, yeah, there's no accounting for the lack of fiscal responsibility people take when they do stuff.

As for our honeybunch contractor: He originally told us he wouldn't dream of going a penny under $50K, but because Mr. G and I looked so earnest and sincere -- and we told him that we'd be happy to do some of the grind-work ourselves on the project -- he'd be a sweetheart and drop it to $38K.

What a doll. :huh:

Jan/GSBG

Because some people have that kind of money to spend. Also, it might turn out to be a investment for the future. Think of how much that thing will be worth.

exactly, think people spent that much gretzky's first all-star jersey? think how much that is worth now.

Speaking of insanely expensive stuff that is cool, I found out that the Kahlenberg KDT-123 costs over $6,600. Guess I won't be buying that anytime soon. :(