The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jeromeo87

2012 NHL Trade Deadline

Well, with the talk that Nash is off the table, I think teams are having to re-asset what they can get for their assets.

I don't really believe he's off the table, do you?

That seems like a reasonable price for a top 6 winger depending on what the conditional pick for Gill was. Maybe the inflated asking prices are starting to come down?

I think that makes it good for "them" not so much for "us".

I don't really believe he's off the table, do you?

Asking price is stupid high. If teams think Columbus is going to negotiate that price, they're smoking something.

Nash has to think about it and waive his NTC. IF that trade was to happen, I think it would have happened over the weekend.

I think this will boil down to either happening during the off-season, something stupid happens before 3pm, or nothing.

Columbus needs a goaltender, as well as other things to dig out of the basement.

Columbus needs a lot of everything so I can't see Nash off the table unless every team has scoffed at them. I think someone will pony up something good for him but that would leave a huge hole for Columbus to fill, sounds familiar......

Well, only players missing from practice today were Tlusty (maintenance day), LaRose (injury) and Dwyer (injury?).

Shoot out to end the practice session, thankfully. (Jussi Jokinen won the shoot out contest). It would be nice to get that monkey off their backs or better yet, not have to get to a shoot out at all.

Edited by TSA

Asking price is stupid high. If teams think Columbus is going to negotiate that price, they're smoking something.

Nash has to think about it and waive his NTC. IF that trade was to happen, I think it would have happened over the weekend.

I think this will boil down to either happening during the off-season, something stupid happens before 3pm, or nothing.

Columbus needs a goaltender, as well as other things to dig out of the basement.

Guess they are removing his banners from downtown Columbus for no reason then :D

@TSNRyanRishaug: Sense out of one NHL war room is the Nash situation is causing a massive holdup in other deals. If that drops, dam breaks?

Interesting that Bob McKenzie is retweeting Chip Alexander. Things must be slow at TSN?

this just might be the biggest trade deadline flop in recent history lol

this just might be the biggest trade deadline flop in recent history lol

That's what I'm thinking too. GM's and players are scared of what might happen with the new CBA so I just cant see any huge moves made that would mortgage the future for some team. Crazy things do happen,

Chip later tweeted that Allen and Spacek were not in the locker room when media arrived. Hmmm...

However, reading the full blog post regarding possible trade moves with Rutherford, JR said about the Allen extension basically that he had had preliminary conversations with Allen's agent, to see where they were "at this time" and if it made sense "at this time" to do an extension. Then he said "it's not going to happen". I read that as they talked about whether Allen would consider an extension offer now, during the season (a la Gleason and Ruutu) - and that is what is not going to happen. So, an extension could still happen, just not "now".

Also, remember that Allen has a no-trade clause, so he would have to approve a trade.

Personally, I hope he stays. I'd love to see Spacek stay too, I think he's been really good for us. But, we do have a lot of d-men coming into their own, so he could be the one moving on - if not today, then after the season.

And, as for getting a top 5 pick: Skinner was #7, and Faulk was 2nd round. They're working out pretty well. Just sayin'...

Maybe our old friend Commodore will finally get to wear #64.TSN calling it a contract dump. Maybe more to come?

This quote is from like 2 days ago: Rutherford said he had "casual conversations" with Allen's agent about a possible contract extension. Said, "It's not going to happen."

Now Allen is off of the trade block?

I thought JR didn't like making the same mistakes over and over again?

Maybe with Spacek being moved and Allen likely not getting re-signed by July 1st, the Canes will go after someone like Ryan Suter???? :crossfingers:

This doesn't explain why he would refuse to trade Allen and get something useful in return..

or Allen wasn't getting a big enough return for JR and he needs to move Spacek and as long as Allen was available teams wanted to talk Allen and not Spacek. Anyway Chip confirmed Allen is off the market

or Allen refuses to be traded

Seriously? He is 32 years old. He has suffered a major knee injury. He is on a horrible team. There were several playoff teams looking for defensemen.

Flyers

Canucks

Red Wings

Allen left Florida to come here last year in an attempt to win a cup. If he already knows that the contract talks aren't even close (which is clear from the comments that JR made in the interview a couple of days ago) then why wouldn't he want to be moved?

Yea, seriously if the guy likes it here and has stated so he prolly told JR he would deal in the offseason but not now and doesn't want to go anywhere which is his right.

In other news the most exciting day of the regular season has really sucked for the past 2 years. I remember when everytime you refreshed the page a big deal went down. This blows.

Edited by legend-1

We all know The Cup is The Goal. But what about Family? Sanity? Etc. Perhaps those are The Goal even more?

We're not privy to details. Maybe the Wings or Canucks were not asking. Maybe nobody is asking.

We all know The Cup is The Goal. But what about Family? Sanity? Etc. Perhaps those are The Goal even more?

We're not privy to details. Maybe the Wings or Canucks were not asking. Maybe nobody is asking.

Agreed and Chip just told someone off with the same reason. Maybe Allen just doesn't want to mess with his family right now.