The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
goalies-rule-2

Cam in Shootouts

Cam seems to do pretty good during gmaes on 1 on 1 attempts, but it seems to me that he has really struggled in shootouts over the last few years. Does anyone know what his record is and how does this stack up against other goalies in the league?

I get nervous when we get to shootouts because it seems we rarely win them. Not only do we have trouble scoring, but it seems a rarity that Cam shuts the other guys down. A few years ago, he use to commit way too early. Now he just seems to get beat high and low way too often. I think he thinks too much about defending in shootouts and just reacts on 1 on 1 attempts and his instinctive reactions work out a lot better.

Comments?

Edited by goalies-rule-2

Cam seems to do pretty good during gmaes on 1 on 1 attempts, but it seems to me that he has really struggled in shootouts over the last few years. Does anyone know what his record is and how does this stack up against other goalies in the league?

I get nervous when we get to shootouts because it seems we rarely win them. Not only do we have trouble scoring, but it seems a rarity that Cam shuts the other guys down. A few years ago, he use to commit way too early. Now he just seems to get beat high and low way too often. I think he thinks too much about defending in shootouts and just reacts on 1 on 1 attempts and his instinctive reactions work out a lot better.

Comments?

Those stats are easy enough to find on nhl.com. On the home page, just click on "stats". Here they are for this season:

Shootout Stats - Goalies