The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
truecaniac163

VA Tech shooting

Fox News is now saying 32...worst school shooting in US history. The different networks and news agencies are reporting different things so we may not know exactly what happened for a while.

We're all Hokies today...please keep the families and friends of the victims in your prayers and thoughts.

Fox News is now reporting that the gunman was looking for his girlfriend - maybe something happened between them and he was distraught?

I thought maybe it might be a case of a student who had a breakdown over his grades - VT is mostly an engineering school, and this is obviously reminiscient of the University of Texas shooting in 1966 - the gunman in that case was an engineering student who just lost it due to academic difficulties.

This really sucks, and what's frightening is that this will probably create about 2-3 weeks of talk about gun control, and then it'll fizzle out again until another celebrity does something strange.

My heart goes out to the students of virginia tech.

Fox News is now reporting that the gunman was looking for his girlfriend - maybe something happened between them and he was distraught?

I thought maybe it might be a case of a student who had a breakdown over his grades - VT is mostly an engineering school, and this is obviously reminiscient of the University of Texas shooting in 1966 - the gunman in that case was an engineering student who just lost it due to academic difficulties.

that's really scary. I'm an engineering student, and it's scary to think of these things happening.

being distraught about a "girlfriend problem" and maybe crying or ripping up pictures is one thing. there seems to be a much deeper problem here.

we'll obviously learn more as the news shows exploit this tragedy to pull in ratings.

that's really scary. I'm an engineering student, and it's scary to think of these things happening.

being distraught about a "girlfriend problem" and maybe crying or ripping up pictures is one thing. there seems to be a much deeper problem here.

we'll obviously learn more as the news shows exploit this tragedy to pull in ratings.

Yes, of course. Whoever it was obviously had some psychological problem and that was probably just one factor out of many.

i live in virginia and it is 31 dead and 29 wounded so a total of 60 were wounded/killed

one girl jumped out of the window

they had one man under custody because he was the exact description of the shooter down to the vest he was wearing

one girl had a asthma attack so she is one injured but thats all i know we watched the news all day during school

i wasnt notified until i came home because we had a guy at our school die in a car wreck this weekend and apparently they didnt think that we could handle another tragedy. i just cant even imagine the shock that these poor people are going through. i will keep these students and their families in my prayers

it's not fair, its just plain and simple not fair.

The gunman got off easy being shot. I hope he rots in the bowels of hell for eternity.

it's not fair, its just plain and simple not fair.

The gunman got off easy being shot. I hope he rots in the bowels of hell for eternity.

i agree completly! i just dont understand why he had to put all of those people and thier families through a living hell when he was going to shoot himself any way. why couldnt he have just shot himself and saved numerous peoples lives???? this all makes me sick and i hope that everyone will keeps these people in their prayers

Wow. When I first heard of this I thought it was minor. I heard earlier that only 7 people were shot. I can't believe how devistating this is. :(

Such a terrible tragedy. All the victims and their families and friends are in my thoughts and prayers. I live about 45 minutes from Blacksburg. Many people in this region attend Tech or know people who do so the whole area is very much in shock. I attend a local community college where quite a few Tech students also take classes. One of my friends from class was in the building next to where the shooting took place. She is very upset but okay. My cousin isn't taking classes this semester but is a student there. She has been trying to get in touch with her friends but hasn't heard from all of them yet. It's hard to believe that the worst shooting in US history has taken place today in Blacksburg. It just doesn't seem possible. What could cause a person to just snap and start shooting everyone? I don't understand the mentality. There are so many psychos out there so I guess we're not safe anywhere.

The more I hear about stuff like this, the more I want to become a police officer and be a part of the solution. Sure I won't fix all the problems, but if I could save even one life one day, it'll all be worth it.

I was pretty rattled for a good part of the day about this, partly because it's probably the out-of-state school I have the most connections to. I know 5 students there, 2 of them engineering majors, and didn't know how all of them were until this evening. I also know several alumni, including my dad. But whether you know anyone there or not, this nothing short of a tragedy. Really puts this game we love so much into perspective.

Like I wrote on Facebook, the heart of this nation goes out to Tech tonight, and my thoughts and prayers are with them.