The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
cc

Ryan Murphy

Toronto, ON – The Ontario Hockey League today announced that defenceman Ryan Murphy of the Kitchener Rangers is the OHL Player of the Week for the week ending January 22 after recording seven points in three games including two goals and five assists with a plus-minus rating of plus-4. :applaud:

Maybe he's shaken off the effects of the concussion and will be fine.

I would say so. Had 3 more points in his next game 1 G 2 A

Murphy had another goal yesterday against Plymouth. He apparently took it end to end to score.

Blueliner Ryan Murphy evened the score at 4-all with an unassisted effort at the eight minute mark of the final period. The veteran Ranger carried the puck end-to-end and potted his ninth of the year and fourth point in three games. Murphy has points in 11 of the club’s last 12 games .

x

Murphy has 48 points in 44 games sofar and scored five points his last five games (2G,3A). However, Kitchener only managed to win one of those games since clinching a playoff berth and three in their last 10.

I'm excited for the next season. We need to trade a few defensemen, because as I see it Murphy gets a spot, potentially the 7th spot that doesn't play full time (Although I hope he makes it full-time) and Sanguinetti deserves a spot after his 50 point season last year with Charlotte.