The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
RyazanCaniac

Greeting from Ryazan, Russian Federation.

Hey, guys! I’m glad I finally got round to the message board. I’m from Ryazan, Russia. Seems like more and more Russians become fans of the NHL teams, including the Hurricanes, and start visiting the forums like this.  Despite the fact that NHL isn’t so popular in Russia. You know, in Russia, people are used to sympathizing with the NHL teams having famous Russian players in their roster, so that’s why there aren’t many fans of the Hurricanes and people interested in the NHL on the whole there. But I’m an exception! I’ve been watching the ‘Canes games since the 2011 All-Star Game. For me it’s an incredible feeling to see them playing, unbounded joy to watch them win and a great honour to be a caniac.  Many people in my country ask me why I like the ‘Canes, not any other NHL franchise or, what would be more understandable for ‘em, a team from the Kontinental Hockey League. Well, many things made me fall in love with the ‘Canes team: first of all, it was the unbelievable atmosphere of the RBC Center during the All Star Game, the way the fans received the players. That was really impressive. Staal picking Ward as the first number of the All Star Draft – that’s another thing I loved. Don’t know why, but it impressed me much as well. Seems like it showed the great relations between the players in this team and I thought, ‘Wow! It’s not just a team, it’s a family!’ And the third thing, that’s Skinner’s play. He’s so young and so talented. I just wanted to see him play, and I started to watch the ‘Canes games. By the way, here, in Russia, it’s not so easy to watch NHL games live. Very few games are shown on TV, so I have to pay about $20 every month, rather expensive for me for I’m still a student. And besides, most often the Hurricanes play at 7.00 pm and in my city it’s 4.00 am and sometimes it’s so difficult to get up so early. But now I’m used to it. And every game is a grand occasion for me. And it feels so great to be a ‘Canes fan!!! Hope they will make for the playoffs this season.    

Edited by aRyazanCaniac

That is awesome! Glad to have a Canes fans all over the world. The fact that you pay 20$ a month and wake up at 4am to watch Canes games is so cool!!! Thanks for your dedication and welcome.

Welcome aRyazanCaniac!

You tell a nice back story and your English composition is very good. Jod1k recently joined us from Chelyabinsk, Russia, which I gather is a ways east from where you are. You guys should organize a Russian version of a Hurricanes Cool Bars game viewing event for the Canes growing Russian fan base!

Welcome aRyazanCaniac!

You tell a nice back story and your English composition is very good. Jod1k recently joined us from Chelyabinsk, Russia, which I gather is a ways east from where you are. You guys should organize a Russian version of a Hurricanes Cool Bars game viewing event for the Canes growing Russian fan base!

First of all, thank you, Red_Storm! I'm aware of Jod1k's joining, recently I've contacted him and we exchanged a few words in Russian. He's a good guy! But he's about 1,000 miles away from me, though that's not a problem. By the way, in vk.com (popular Russian social network service) we have about 80 (!) people joined the fan club of the 'Canes. I'm not sure if they're all real caniacs, but still it's many people. And without doubt we'll try to organize something like a Hurricanes Cool Bars game viewing, though I've never seen it.

Dude, your awesome. I hope that one day that you are able to make a trip to Raleigh to see the boys play. If you do please let everyone know.

Thanks, yeah, I dream of it. When I finish my studies and have enough money to visit the USA, it'll be definitely Raleigh where I'll go first.

I admire your commitment! That is a lot of effort you are making to keep up with the Hurricanes games. And we feel the same as you about Jeff Skinner. He is a very special player. The All Star game was a wonderful experience for all of us here - really a once in a lifetime thing. Our city did a terrific job of handling that. I hope you get a chance to come and see a game in Raleigh once you complete your studies. Be sure to let us know if you plan a visit to Raleigh. There are many of us here who would be happy to make sure you have a wonderful time on your trip.

What a warm welcome! I'm just lost in admiration! Thanks coastal_caniac & romansperson. I wish I had been in Raleigh back then... I will surely let you know when I plan to go to North Carolina, at least so that somebody will advise me where to stay and how to get to the RBC center.

First of all, thank you, Red_Storm! I'm aware of Jod1k's joining, recently I've contacted him and we exchanged a few words in Russian. He's a good guy! But he's about 1,000 miles away from me, though that's not a problem. By the way, in vk.com (popular Russian social network service) we have about 80 (!) people joined the fan club of the 'Canes. I'm not sure if they're all real caniacs, but still it's many people. And without doubt we'll try to organize something like a Hurricanes Cool Bars game viewing, though I've never seen it.

Good idea to create fan site Caniacs in Russian language. I know how to make sites. And I think fan site will not be a problem. Give me please link on the group fans on VK!

Good idea to create fan site Caniacs in Russian language. I know how to make sites. And I think fan site will not be a problem. Give me please link on the group fans on VK!

Done. I sent you a private message with the link.

Hey, guys! I’m glad I finally got round to the message board. I’m from Ryazan, Russia. Seems like more and more Russians become fans of the NHL teams, including the Hurricanes, and start visiting the forums like this.  Despite the fact that NHL isn’t so popular in Russia. You know, in Russia, people are used to sympathizing with the NHL teams having famous Russian players in their roster, so that’s why there aren’t many fans of the Hurricanes and people interested in the NHL on the whole there. But I’m an exception! I’ve been watching the ‘Canes games since the 2011 All-Star Game. For me it’s an incredible feeling to see them playing, unbounded joy to watch them win and a great honour to be a caniac.  Many people in my country ask me why I like the ‘Canes, not any other NHL franchise or, what would be more understandable for ‘em, a team from the Kontinental Hockey League. Well, many things made me fall in love with the ‘Canes team: first of all, it was the unbelievable atmosphere of the RBC Center during the All Star Game, the way the fans received the players. That was really impressive. Staal picking Ward as the first number of the All Star Draft – that’s another thing I loved. Don’t know why, but it impressed me much as well. Seems like it showed the great relations between the players in this team and I thought, ‘Wow! It’s not just a team, it’s a family!’ And the third thing, that’s Skinner’s play. He’s so young and so talented. I just wanted to see him play, and I started to watch the ‘Canes games. By the way, here, in Russia, it’s not so easy to watch NHL games live. Very few games are shown on TV, so I have to pay about $20 every month, rather expensive for me for I’m still a student. And besides, most often the Hurricanes play at 7.00 pm and in my city it’s 4.00 am and sometimes it’s so difficult to get up so early. But now I’m used to it. And every game is a grand occasion for me. And it feels so great to be a ‘Canes fan!!! Hope they will make for the playoffs this season.    

welcome! Hope looms eternal..

Hey, guys! I’m glad I finally got round to the message board. I’m from Ryazan, Russia. Seems like more and more Russians become fans of the NHL teams, including the Hurricanes, and start visiting the forums like this. Despite the fact that NHL isn’t so popular in Russia. You know, in Russia, people are used to sympathizing with the NHL teams having famous Russian players in their roster, so that’s why there aren’t many fans of the Hurricanes and people interested in the NHL on the whole there. But I’m an exception! I’ve been watching the ‘Canes games since the 2011 All-Star Game. For me it’s an incredible feeling to see them playing, unbounded joy to watch them win and a great honour to be a caniac. Many people in my country ask me why I like the ‘Canes, not any other NHL franchise or, what would be more understandable for ‘em, a team from the Kontinental Hockey League. Well, many things made me fall in love with the ‘Canes team: first of all, it was the unbelievable atmosphere of the RBC Center during the All Star Game, the way the fans received the players. That was really impressive. Staal picking Ward as the first number of the All Star Draft – that’s another thing I loved. Don’t know why, but it impressed me much as well. Seems like it showed the great relations between the players in this team and I thought, ‘Wow! It’s not just a team, it’s a family!’ And the third thing, that’s Skinner’s play. He’s so young and so talented. I just wanted to see him play, and I started to watch the ‘Canes games. By the way, here, in Russia, it’s not so easy to watch NHL games live. Very few games are shown on TV, so I have to pay about $20 every month, rather expensive for me for I’m still a student. And besides, most often the Hurricanes play at 7.00 pm and in my city it’s 4.00 am and sometimes it’s so difficult to get up so early. But now I’m used to it. And every game is a grand occasion for me. And it feels so great to be a ‘Canes fan!!! Hope they will make for the playoffs this season.

Thank you for a great post!!!!

RyazanCaniac, if you can come to Raleigh, I would be honored to meet you at the airport, welcome you to stay at our house, and take you to a game or two. We have season tickets about five rows behind the Canes bench and I can get an extra ticket for you. You only need to travel here. The rest is on me.

RyazanCaniac, if you can come to Raleigh, I would be honored to meet you at the airport, welcome you to stay at our house, and take you to a game or two. We have season tickets about five rows behind the Canes bench and I can get an extra ticket for you. You only need to travel here. The rest is on me.

g105, it is an honour for me to invited to stay at your house and watch the guys playing alongside you. Thank you very much! I really appreciate it. But that's not going to happen this season. I'm to be very busy this winter/spring because it's my final year in university. Maybe it will happen when I graduate, I don't know yet. But one day I will make it and meet you in Raleigh to thank you personally for such warm welcome. Hurricanes' fans are really the best!  

Edited by aRyazanCaniac

Welcome indeed RyazanCaniac (and good to see you again Jod - when are we going to see you over at the PNC?) we're delighted to have you and as the season goes on we'll be asking you about Russian prospects and our own KHL players and coaches and how they are doing ....

I understand your status in the university. When you are able to come to Raleigh, feel free to contact me.

Thank you. I will definitely contact you when I come to North Carolina.

Welcome indeed RyazanCaniac (and good to see you again Jod - when are we going to see you over at the PNC?) we're delighted to have you and as the season goes on we'll be asking you about Russian prospects and our own KHL players and coaches and how they are doing ....

Sure. Feel free to ask me anything about KHL or Russia in general.

Edited by aRyazanCaniac

Thank you. I will definitely contact you when I come to North Carolina.

Sure. Feel free to ask me anything about KHL or Russia in general.

And me :)