Name: Kate

Sex: Female

Height: 5' 7"

Weight: a good size. :]

Hair Color: Dirty Blonde

Eye Color: Hazelish/brown

Mode of Transportation: Parents/sister.

Job: dont have one yet.

How you became a Canes fan: my nieghbor was Keith Primeau, so he got my family tickets and stuff. it was fun. :]

Favorite Cane's Player: Mike Commodoree!:D

Favorite NON Cane's Player: Lecalvier and St. Louis

College Attended/Attending: Still in high school thank you.

Video Game Systems Owned: my brothers have like everything.

Favorite Game(s): Fifa Soccer and NHL 07

Music You Listen To: basically everything, mostly rock and hip hop.

Favorite Movie (s): all Adam Sandler movies, all Will Ferrell movies, and more i just cant think of.

Favorite Food: Chick-fil-A

Favorite TV Show: Greys Anatomy and basically anything on MTV.

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Carolina away white.

Anything Else: I love to play soccer, im on my high school Varsity team, i like hanging out with my friends, im a Carolina Tar Heels fan, and i think yall know who i admire the most..yeah thats right..the one and only...Mike Commodore. :thumbup: :D

Name: Susan

Sex: F

Birthplace: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Hometown: Raleigh, NC (kind of a mutt though)

Nationality: 1/2 German then the rest a mixture of 3

Height: 5' 7"

Weight: Like I am gonna tell ya!

Hair Color: Dirty Blond. I have mood hair (like a mood ring)...I kid you not!!

Eye Color: Brown

Mode of Transportation: Gold Mercury Mystique with the Canes plate of course!

Job: Social Worker

How you became a Cane's fan: I have alwaus loved hockey and was glad when we finally had a home team to root for.

Favorite Cane's Player: Brind'Amour and Whitney

Favorite NON Cane's Player: Aaron Ward

College Attended/Attending: Peace College, NCSU and ECU (I do not admit to the last one)

Video Game Systems Owned: None

Favorite Game(s): Do have NHL 07

Music You Listen Too: Gotta love my old men, Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson. Concerts are really fun for Willie!!!

Favorite Movie (s): Beauty and the Beast and there are many others I will watch over and over again.

Favorite Food: Mexican and Italian

Favorite TV Show: ER and the Apprentice (aka Trump)

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Home and Away Blank Jersey, black Practice Jersey and a a Brind'Amour signed by him.

Anything Else: If you wanna know anything else jusy PM me!!!

Oooh I like reading these =] It's interesting. Incase anyone wants to know..

Name: Catherine

Birthplace: Montreal, QC, Canada

Hometown: Montreal.. live in Raleigh, NC now

Nationality: 75% Canadian, 25% Southern Californian =]

Height: 5'10" (I'm taller than some guys on here whoa)

Hair Color: dark brown, red and blonde highlights

Eye Color: Hazel

Mode of Transportation: My daddy bought me a sports car yesterday.. but I'm only getting my license in like.. a year and a half.. and I wanted a Volkswagon beetle anyways =P

Job: High School Student

How you became a Cane's fan: Because I wanted to go watch hockey games.

Favorite Cane's Player: Frantisek Kaberle

Favorite NON Cane's Player(s) : Komisarek, Begin, Huet, Kessel, Afinogenov, Liles, Biron, Theodore

College Attended/Attending: In the future I will be attending Meredith (I hope!)

Video Game Systems Owned: PS2

Favorite Game(s): The Sims =]

Music You Listen To: Punk

Favorite Movie (s): Miracle, Dirty Dancing

Favorite Food: Right now.. sushi. :D

Name: Rob

Sex: M

Birthplace: Charlotte, NC

Hometown: Southern Pines

Nationality: English, Welsh

Height: 6'0

Weight: 195

Hair: brown,short

Eyes: blue

Transportation mode: 04 GMC Sierra 4x4 PU

Job: manage a landscaping company

How I became Caniac: my dad took me to Charlotte Checkers games as a kid (early 70's) became a fan as soon as NC got an NHL team.

Favorite Canes player: Nic Wallin

Fav. non Canes player: Rob Blake

University attended: NCSU - class of 86

Favorite game: ?

Music: blues - rock - reggae

Favorite movie - Gladiator

Favorite food: Mexican

Fav. TV - sports - especially NHL and EPL soccer

Jersey: home red #7

Anything else: married with 1 beautiful daughter (8 yrs. old). I love to climb (rock, snow, ice) and snowboard. My favorite place to travel is western Canada - Alberta and BC.

LETS GO CANES

Name: steph

Birthplace: Buffalo, NY

Hometown: Buffalo, NY

Nationality: 50% Italian, 25% Russian, 25% German

Height: 5'5"

Hair Color: brownish

Eye Color: Hazel

Mode of Transportation: Toyota!

Job: I'm a college student and I work part time at Michaels...it's ok...sometimes Sabres come in to have things framed.

How you became a Cane's fan: Um, I'm not really one....I like the Sabres *gasp*. lol

Favorite Sabres Player: On the current team (since an all time list would take me forever)...Ryan Miller, Brian Campbell, Henrik Tallinder

Favorite NON Sabres Player(s): Alex Ovechkin, Saku Koivu, Teemu Selanne, Evgeni Malkin, Ryan Smyth, JM Liles....Marty Biron.

College Attended/Attending: University at Buffalo

Video Game Systems Owned: I haven't owned a game system since the original Nintendo. I still have the orange gun.

Favorite Game(s): Mario! haha

Music You Listen To: lots of stuff. punk, random stuff, old folk songs...

Favorite Movie (s): Miracle (big surprise!), Slap Shot, Forrest Gump

Favorite Food: spaghetti

Favorite TV Show: Hockey Night in Canada

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: not a big jersey person (mainly because I don't have very much money lol) My prized possession is my blue Ryan Miller Sabres third jersey (the pretty retro one with the old old logo). If everything goes well, it will be signed (by Miller) on Monday.

Anything Else: I like the Sabres a lot. I know more about Ryan Miller than I probably should, and I love him more than what might seem humanly possible....

Name: Jon

Birthplace: Fort Rucker, AL

Hometown: outside Salisbury, NC (but now living in Durham)

Nationality: American. Ethnicity? Half Scotch-Irish, half Korean.

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 185 I think?

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Brown

Mode of Transportation: 2003 Mustang (red)

Job: Student

How you became a Cane's fan: North Carolina native, so it was a natural decision. Fan since 1997, started following them more intensely in January 2002

Favorite Cane's Player: Rod Brind'Amour

Favorite NON Cane's Player: Alexander Ovechkin

College Attended/Attending: Duke University

Video Game Systems Owned: Xbox 360, N64, SNES

Favorite Game(s): NHL 07, any Sonic game, the Deus Ex series, any MechWarrior game, Gears of War

Music You Listen Too: Modern and classic rock, techno

Favorite Movie (s): Air Force One, Dumb and Dumber, A Night at the Roxbury, Spider-Man, Rush Hour, Star Wars series, The Matrix, Dodgeball, Office Space, The Replacements, Batman Begins, Wedding Crashers, Apollo 13, Snakes on a Plane, Back to the Future

Favorite Food: Chinese or Italian

Favorite TV Show: Frasier, Malcolm in the Middle, South Park

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Two red 'Canes jerseys...one is a replica with my name on it, the other is an authentic Nelson Emerson from 1997

Anything Else: See my profile.

College Attended/Attending: Georgia Tech (Out in may), Duke Graduate school in the fall

Duke Grad School? AWESOME. What subject?

So I guess I might be seeing you behind the goal at the b-ball games next year? (They put all the grad students there if you didn't know already.) Maybe I'll spot you when we play GT, I'm sure you'll be in yellow, haha. 8)

Name: Len

Birthplace: Charlotte, NC

Hometown: Cary, NC

Nationality: English, Irish, Dutch, German, American Indian

Height: 5' 1"

Weight: too much but working on it

Hair Color: mix of dark blonde, light brown with some light red highlights

Eye Color: BlueHazel--depends on what I am wearing

Mode of Transportation: Blue Gray Toyota $ Runner w Hurricanes flag stuck in the rear window since June 2006 :mrgreen:

Job: Mgr, systems and operations support @ a bank

How you became a Cane's fan: -In 03-04- Candian friend actually explained what was going on in the game & it finally clicked (went to first Canes game at the ESA when it opened)

Favorite Cane's Player: too many to list & all for different reasons

Favorite NON Cane's Player: Jordan Staal, Marty Turco, Gerber & Ovie

College Attended/Attending: Meredith & NC State

Video Game Systems Owned: none

Favorite Game(s): video-none

Music You Listen Too: Southern Rock, Classic Rock from 60s & 70s, anything but Rap

Favorite Movie (s): not really sure I have one anymore

Favorite Food: mac n cheese

Favorite TV Show: Law & Order; hockey (any team)

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Canes white away jersey (plain--have a phobia about getting it personalized since every time I have thought of it, they leave); red practice jersey--soon to have red home jersey

Anything Else: I have a lot of cats & dogs since they tend to just show up at my house [guess they are like people, they have their own communications network]---my fave one is JWillie who will turn 1 year old on April 15th named after Justin Williams because she just loves to "crash" into my storm door when she wants attention.

Name: John

Sex: Maale

Birthplace: Red Bank, NJ

Hometown: Middletown, NJ... live in Blairs, VA now

Nationality: 50% Polish, 16% English, 16%Irish, 16% Indian

Height: 6' 1"

Weight: 230

Hair Color: Blonde

Eye Color: Blue

Mode of Transportation: 2002 Dodge neon

Job: Information Technology

How you became a Cane's fan: Moved to VA and the Canes followed me that year and saw Broduer and the Devils tap the Canes butts 5-2... but still liked em.

Favorite Cane's Player: Irbe

Favorite NON Cane's Player: Broduer

College Attended/Attending: Averett University

Video Game Systems Owned: PS2, Gamecube, NES, SNES, SEGA Genesis

Favorite Game(s): Battlefield 2, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear

Music You Listen To: Rock

Favorite Movie (s): Miracle

Favorite Food: Chinese

Favorite TV Show: Family guy,

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: Couple of USA jersey's with my name on them for hockey tournies, Rangers #99 Gretzky

Anything Else: nothing really.

Hey John,

Where did you go to HS? RBR or RBC (That's Red Bank Catholic!) I grew up in Rumson and went to RFH!

Jersey Shore rocks!

vronnie I used to go to Martin.

Woo! Go Mustangs!

from 1999-2002 yep quite some memorable times there.

haha wow mine was more like 2 years ago. :D

You guys are making me feel old! Remember any of your teachers? I am sure some of them are still here...

DukeCaniac09 wrote:

iamafirehazrd wrote:

College Attended/Attending: Georgia Tech (Out in may), Duke Graduate school in the fall

Duke Grad School? AWESOME. What subject?

So I guess I might be seeing you behind the goal at the b-ball games next year? (They put all the grad students there if you didn't know already.) Maybe I'll spot you when we play GT, I'm sure you'll be in yellow, haha.

Its a slight switch from my life at Tech, my undergrad major is Industrial and Systems Engineering, I'll be getting Masters in Economics from Duke.

If I can make it to the game I'll be there in yellow, in my "Luke Schenscher has a posse" t-shirt. But I'll definatly be at the football game next fall, though I realize that the Duke students don't really go to those.

Woo! Go Mustangs!

You guys are making me feel old! Remember any of your teachers? I am sure some of them are still here...

Mrs. Dove, Mr. Keck (I heard he died), Mr. Brown (the english guy), the 6th grade english teacher that looked like adam sandler, I can't really remember most of my teachers.

Hey John,

Where did you go to HS? RBR or RBC (That's Red Bank Catholic!) I grew up in Rumson and went to RFH!

Jersey Shore rocks!

:)

I was a youngin when I lived up down here, I have memories of Sandy hook and looking at the Twin Towers from the beach. I moved when I was 11, however I attended Thompson middle school and Riverplaza Elementary school.

imafirehazard how about some GRE tips.... that test has me crapping myself. Not sure if I can come up with the jam packed vocabulary that test seems to want. I took some practice tests and a few words just blew my mind.

Are the Kaplar books worth it?

us Canadians don't say 'a-boot'.... haha we don't seriously!! :)

Stop lying! You know you do! LOL JK :lol:

SERIOUSLY!!! we don't say it!! idk why you guys think we do... :)

AHHH!!!! :lol: :lol: That was too funny

I would put up all my information, but i'm not really a "caniac" so it excludes me :lol:

I would put up all my information, but i'm not really a "caniac" so it excludes me :lol:

LOL, well I think it we didn't go after Steph with pitchforks, you will be all right! :lol:

Woo! Go Mustangs!

Hale, Grahme, Coach Williams, Doc Kennedy, Mcinis. Just to name a few

Legend wrote:

imafirehazard how about some GRE tips.... that test has me crapping myself. Not sure if I can come up with the jam packed vocabulary that test seems to want. I took some practice tests and a few words just blew my mind.

Are the Kaplar books worth it?

My first tip would be to build a time machine and spend time talking to some 19th century captains of industry since thats the kind of vocabulary they seem to stress on the GRE.

A more realistic way is vocabulary flash cards that Kaplan or one of the other services makes; I borrowed them from my girlfriend and they helped.

Lets see other tips... use all the computer practice tests you can. The computer format is deffinatly different than the SAT's and the other standardized tests

And the math section is pretty straight forward if you have had math and science based courses in college, and since I am an engineer I'm not the best person to ask for tips on that.

LOL, well I think it we didn't go after Steph with pitchforks, you will be all right! :lol:

Oh okay, you convinced me. I just changed the subject line and a few questions haha.

Name: Dan

Birthplace: Lakeland, Florida

Hometown: The greater Tampa, Florida area

Nationality: Italian/Spanish

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: Not where I would like it to be haha

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Blue

Mode of Transportation: 2006 Nissan Sentra

How you became a LIGHTNING fan: I became a hockey fan in 2002 during the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics.

Favorite Cane's/LIGHTNING Player: Cory Stillman/VINCENT LECAVALIER

Favorite NON LIGHTNING Player: Dion Phaneuf (I'd trade Brad Richards for Dion *cough*Kerri*cough*)

College Attended/Attending: Polk Community College (attended) Florida Technical College (attending)

Video Game Systems Owned: Nintendo 64 and PS2

Favorite Game(s): NHL 07

Music You Listen Too: Everything

Favorite Movie (s): Stranger Than Fiction, Click, Happy Gilmore

Favorite Food: A sandwich with salami, bologna, americian cheese, and mayo on wheat bread.

Favorite TV Show: Friends and King of Queens

Hockey Jerseys In Wardrobe: 2 Lightning Jeresey's

Anything Else: I'm going to vent here and say ALL REALITY TV SUCKS! STOP WATCHING IT PEOPLE! What are they at now, Survivor season 34? Americian Idol is stupid too! Paula is so freakin' lame. What happened to the men being in charge of the TV remote!? Message to men: If you're tuning into Americian Idol without your girlfriend or wife forcing you, you are not a man. Make an appointment with your doctor to get your testosterone level checked! Turn that hockey on please! :mrgreen:

(i wonder how many AI fans i just POed hahaha)

Oh okay, you convinced me. I just changed the subject line and a few questions haha.

Well that didn't take much! :lol:

Favorite Cane's/LIGHTNING Player: Cory Stillman/VINCENT LECAVALIER

...Gotta agree with you on Vinny

(i wonder how many AI fans i just POed hahaha)

The answer to that question..."who cares?" :lol:

Sorry you AI fans!

:shock:WARNING: LONG POST AHEAD :shock:

Name: Jan

Birthplace: Whittier, CA

Home town: Long Beach, CA

Ancestry: German (almost three-fourths), English, Irish, French Hugenot, and Dutch

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 145

Hair color: Light red

Eye color: Green

Mode(s) of transportation: 1996 Toyota Tercel two-door coupe (for running, my trusty pair of Mizuno Wave Nirvanas)

Job/career: In less than two weeks, co-owner/operator of the Yorba Linda Vin de Pays (http://www.vindepayswines.com)

How you became a Canes fan: When I learned that the organization had the infininte sense to sign Martin Gerber in June 2004, I aligned myself even more to a hockey club I'd already liked before.

Favorite Canes player(s): Brindy, Ray, and Grahame

Favorite non-Canes player: Gerbs (something the entire free world already knows!) and Martin Lapointe

Universities attended: 1) California State University at Fullerton, September 1979 to December 1985/Bachelor of Arts, Communications/News-Editorial, January 1986; 2) CSU Long Beach, February 1992 to May 1993/Preliminary credential, Multiple Subjects (elementary education), May 1993; 3) CSULB, September to December 1995 and February 1998/Professional Clear credential, Multiple Subjects (elementary education).

(Notes: 1) From September 1979 through February 1998, I completed 206 university-level units. 2) During my studies in elementary education, I compiled a 3.88 GPA.)

Video game systems owned: None

Favorite games (all offline): Snuggling with Mr. GSBG (wink, wink), cuddling Emmy, my tortoiseshell cat, running 5Ks throughout Long Beach's Marine Stadium, enjoying my parents' company, and pondering our future wine shop

Favorite movies: A Trip to the Moon (1902), The Gold Rush (1925), The Merry Widow (1925), Animal Crackers (1930), Horse Feathers (1932), Duck Soup (1933), The Thin Many (1934), A Night at the Opera (1935), Camille (1936), My Man Godfrey (1936), A Day at the Races (1937), At the Circus, (1939), Wuthering Heights (1939), Casablanca (1942), The Pride of the Yankees (1942), Sabrina (1953), Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959), The Horror of Party Beach (1964), Annie Hall (1977), When Harry Met Sally (1989), The Incredibles (2004), and Sideways (2004).

Hey, when you've been a movie geek for almost 35 years, your list goes on seemingly forever. :P

Favorite food: Thanks to the overwhelming variety of so many restaurants in Long Beach, with so many varied cuisines in SoCal to consider, it's hard to pin down which one you like best.

That said, we went to Fora (http://www.fora-naples.com) last night to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. Fora, an charming yet elegant restaurant featuring Continental cuisine, is in Naples, an upscale part of Long Beach on the other side of the city.

Oh, yes: We thought SecondEmpire and Don Murray's -- both in Canesville, obviously -- have absolutely marvelous fare. :mrgreen:

Favorite TV show: Sunday Silent Movie on TCM

Hockey jerseys in wardrobe: A red kids' Canes T-shirt, size XL, with "Gerber 29" on the back; an SCL Tigers "Gerber 26" replica jersey; a "Suisse" 2002 national team jersey, also with "Gerber 26"; a black mesh replica Mighty Ducks practice jersey, with "Gerber 29" on the back (see a pattern here? haha) and a home Boston Bruins jersey, with "Lapointe 20" on the back.

I've mentioned to Mr. G that I still want a red Canes jersey. Here's hoping I'll find one gift-wrapped in a box on my birthday this September! 8)

Anything else:

1. Married to Mr. GSBG since Feb. 20, 1988.

2. Mr. G's been my only date since June 17, 1985.

3. Taught adult-education English as a Second Language (ESL) for from 1988 to 1990, and from 1999 to 2001, in two different school districts. During that eight-year "sandwich" between ESL assignments, I taught English/Language Arts from grades 6 to 10, as well as fourth grade.

4. During the Spring 1993 semester, I completed two student-teaching assignments -- grade five and grade three -- in that order.

5. From September 1980 to May 1981, I wrote several news and feature articles for the Daily Titan, CSUF's official student newspaper.

6. A year later, from September 1981 to May 1982, I served as the lead copy editor of the Titan, supervising a staff of three other copy editors.

7. From ages seven to 10, I studied classical guitar and was en route to taking on a career as a professional guitarist; that said, even though I was a child prodigy, I had neither the heart, desire, nor interest to pursue classical studies past the end of fifth grade. (Hey, it's normal to feel that way when your daily childhood schedule includes at least an hour of demanding, nonstop practice.)

8. Nine years and one month ago, I shed more than 90 pounds by changing my day-to-day diet and becoming active.

9. I completed my first marathon Oct. 14 in the Long Beach Marathon; a year prior to that, I finished my first half marathon.

10. Mr. GSBG and I run four 5Ks a week as a way for us to stay in shape.

11. I'm the oldest of two adult children; my brother turns 44 next month. 12. My parents, both 83, moved from Detroit to Southern California in June 1961, three months before I was born.

13. I spent all of second and third grade as a Brownie Girl Scout, and the entirety of my fourth, fifth, and sixth grade years in Junior Girl Scouts, earning a total of 31 merit badges.

14. In May 1972 (near the end of fifth grade) and in May 1975 (a month away from my eighth grade graduation), I won a medal of honor from the Daughters of the American Revolution for essays on noteworthy Americans. One of those medals (don't ask where I mislaid the other) is proudly displayed in the curio cabinet near our living room.

15. In May 1979, a month short of my high school graduation, I took the English Usage Test, a mandatory exam for all prospective students entering CSUF's Department of Communications -- and passed it with the highest mark in the exam's history. (According to one of my former Communications professors, my 28-year-old mark still stands as the record.)

16. Mr. G and I adored our trip to Canesville last March, and hope to return when we've got a "open" week.

17. Mr. G and I have owned four cats: Buddy, a massive Himalayan/Maine Coon Cat mix (1988-1996); Girl, a tiny brown tabby Maine Coon Cat mix (1991-2000); Samantha, a robust brown tabby British Shorthair mix (1993-2001); and Emmy (short for Emerald), a tortoiseshell British Shorthair mix (born June 25, 2001).

18. The last full week of November 2004, he and I spent nine days in Zurich, Switzerland, and watched two SCL Tigers games (http://www.scltigers.ch) in person -- a great way to alleviate the pain of the 2004-05 NHL lockout.

19. Please be kind and generous enough to wish us luck on our new wine shop in Yorba Linda, Vin de Pays (see the link above for the shop), which we'll open during the first week of April.

20. In the next few years, we'll be taking business trips to Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, and -- keep your fingers crossed -- to France, Italy, and Spain.

As for tattoos: I'll pass ... since my skin's getting a wee bit crepey around the edges, I've got to believe that any "body art" I'd try now would begin to look pretty snarfy over the next few years. Besides, the only "skin stuff" I'm planning to take on is a tummy tuck (I've still got some loose stuff in the midsection nine years later, despite 11 years of Callanetics and two of running).

Jan/GSBG