The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
iguanadon

Congrats to Coach Kirk Muller!

All this quote proves is that JR's decision was made after the new investors were brought in. Sure JR started thinking about it in October and probably talked to Karmanos about it as well. You don't think Karmanos might've told JR to hold off until after contracts were finalized with the local investors?

Actually, the quote doesn't prove anything. It indicates the reason that Maurice was fired was that the team struggled. It makes no mention whatsoever of the timing being influenced by any other factors.

The proper response in this game is to find a quote, article, or commentary that includes some support of the opposing view. As an early bid, it doesn't have to be conclusive, just something indicative of the possibility that the opinion isn't pure supposition.

Actually, the quote doesn't prove anything. It indicates the reason that Maurice was fired was that the team struggled. It makes no mention whatsoever of the timing being influenced by any other factors.

The proper response in this game is to find a quote, article, or commentary that includes some support of the opposing view. As an early bid, it doesn't have to be conclusive, just something indicative of the possibility that the opinion isn't pure supposition.

No one is going to win your little game so I'll just let you win. I'll even bake you some cookies since it is quite obvious no one has given you one lately. I'm sure you're used to "winning" though, eh?

No one is going to win your little game so I'll just let you win. I'll even bake you some cookies since it is quite obvious no one has given you one lately. I'm sure you're used to "winning" though, eh?

If that's it, then I'm no better or worse off than I was. On the other hand, if someone could offer actual information of which I was unaware, then I would win by being more educated.

Oh well.

This argument is ridiculous because it is based on opinions. None of us were behind the scenes.

I agree 100%, which is why I restricted my assertions to the observable: 'Muller was a good choice', and 'The coaching change should have been done earlier if the goal was to save this season'.

Mueller is the man......still trying to fathom why it took so long to slide Maurice out the door......just a plain waste of time when they brought him back.

I think Canes will hit the 93-97 points next season....

Edited by FreeRad1