The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Mike Murphy leaves for the KHL

So many people have been pumping Murphy's shoes for 2 seasons and the kid pulls this. We haven't resigned Peters and I don't think we're going to. Boucher if he continues to have a season like last year (even before his injury he was subpar) Murphy could have been staring the job in the face in 20 games and at most next season. Now if he decides to come back next year JR will certaintly stare down his nose at him and he's just made it tougher for himself.

What a frickin dumb move on his part. Onto other projects.

So many people have been pumping Murphy's shoes for 2 seasons and the kid pulls this. We haven't resigned Peters and I don't think we're going to. Boucher if he continues to have a season like last year (even before his injury he was subpar) Murphy could have been staring the job in the face in 20 games and at most next season. Now if he decides to come back next year JR will certaintly stare down his nose at him and he's just made it tougher for himself.

What a frickin dumb move on his part. Onto other projects.

Maybe be just saw the writing on the wall after playing 2nd fiddle for 3 years and with Muse and Andersen making some pretty impressive waves to be noticed. If either of them signs with the Canes and/or Peters does re-sign, he could very well find himself on the very bottom of the totem pole.

One on hand, I'm disappointed by this because I think he was on the track to become a long-term backup. On the other, I think we'll be ok. It sounds like Andersen is coming along nicely. Best of luck to MM31.

Jack, Andersen is off the table. Thanks to his new agent he declined to sign with the Canes before the deadline and will re-enter the draft this year.

Well damn.

Shows how much I've been paying attention, lol.

John Grahame is gone, too, Capt. Jack. Just thought I'd let you know in case you missed it... hehehe.

I think this makes John Muse the #1 Goalie in Charlotte for next year. He was quite good the few times I saw him play. (assuming the rumor of Peters not re-signing is true) Wonder if he would handle a call up in case Ward or Boosh get hurt again. I guess we shall see.