The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Off season wheeling and dealing around the league

News-Pittsburgh Penguins

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired goaltender Tomas Vokoun from the Washington Capitals in exchange for a 2012 seventh-round draft pick

The Pens then signed Vokoun to a $2 million a year 2 year contract.

I guess Holtby knows what he will be doing next year.

Soooooo...I guess Fleury now has a mentor to teach him how not to flop and fail during the playoffs?

Vokouns the last guy to mentor someone if you want them to stop flopping. He's just good at it after spending so many years making desperate saves for poor Panther and Predator squads.

Michel Therrien has been named the Habs coach. His second go round in Montreal. Yes.. he speaks French.

TSN

Michel Therrien has been named the Habs coach. His second go round in Montreal. Yes.. he speaks French.

TSN

N'a pas travaillé pour les Canes avec Mo, espérons qu'il fonctionne mieux pour Montral.

and boy do Habs fans feel about him as we felt about Mo coming back.

How can they make so many good moves and then pull this?

N'a pas travaillé pour les Canes avec Mo, espérons qu'il fonctionne mieux pour Montral.

très vrai

Didnt see it mentioned yet, but crosby gets 90 million over 10 years... so, doesnt this mean, that malkin will get taken care of, then jordan drops into our laps... crosby with the concussion issues and gets paid over 1 :coollaugh: 0 years , hello?, tell me whaler, am i going off the deep end again , lol, , OR is this the door to open for jordan to come to carolina?? Am i too wishful thinking.. please feel free to reply... oooh la la, love that french! ha.... have to check another site... im probaly being my implusive self, and will be left deflated, but who knows?Maybe in the heat too long :)

Edited by dinz

Well, i read it on another board, which i know i cant answer, i know i need glasses, but not that bad :)

well, i will be darned, someone put a ruse over on me... its going to happen though, so not the first time i have been wrong and not the last... my humble apoligies... :whiteflag:

Apparently Minny is planning on offering Parise the most moneys ever. How they know what other teams are going to offer I don't know, but it looks like (via former minny GM to not violate rules in place) they plan on offering him keys to the city, their homes, their cars and maybe their first born as well.

So Parise says he would like to stay in Nj but hasn't talked contract. He says noway nohow to becoming a Ranger and Minny wants to throw cold hard cash at him (sorry I couldn't resist) and lots of it. This should be fun.

No shocker with the B's...they're keeping as many of their guys as possible...

When it's all said and done, we won't have Parise...J Staal, on the other hand...hee hee

Not sure why but the league has held up Chris Kelly's re-signing and said it can't go through till July 1st.

well, i will be darned, someone put a ruse over on me... its going to happen though, so not the first time i have been wrong and not the last... my humble apoligies... :whiteflag:

Probably Puck Daddy...the headline there was a bit deceiving, they were talking in hypotheticals.

Apparently Minny is planning on offering Parise the most moneys ever. How they know what other teams are going to offer I don't know, but it looks like (via former minny GM to not violate rules in place) they plan on offering him keys to the city, their homes, their cars and maybe their first born as well.

Yeah good luck with that. With the success they had I think he may well end up re-signing back with NJ, unless the cap or ownership issues prevent it. Sounds like the latter is close to worked out, though.

Not sure why but the league has held up Chris Kelly's re-signing and said it can't go through till July 1st.

It put the B's over the 11/12 season cap. Have to wait until July 1 for the 12/13 season cap to officially start.

It put the B's over the 11/12 season cap. Have to wait until July 1 for the 12/13 season cap to officially start.

Ah thanks. I guess Tim Thomas's cap hit is really going to mess them up until they figure out how to unload it.

Ah thanks. I guess Tim Thomas's cap hit is really going to mess them up until they figure out how to unload it.

That's why Boston should've just "suspended" him for the season...it takes his $$ off their cap.

The Bolts traded for goalie Anders Lindback. They sent Sebastien Caron and a bunch of draft picks to the Preds.

Lindback as a backup should make the Bolts better in goal but I wonder where Luongo is going to end up since the Bolts didn't go after him.

That's why Boston should've just "suspended" him for the season...it takes his $$ off their cap.

I think this "over 35" thing drives GMs nuts. I wonder if it doesn't get tweaked in the CBA.

The Bolts traded for goalie Anders Lindback. They sent Sebastien Caron and a bunch of draft picks to the Preds.

Lindback as a backup should make the Bolts better in goal but I wonder where Luongo is going to end up since the Bolts didn't go after him.

Ask the Leaf fans, pretty much every player is heading their way at some point :)

Maple Leafs to pass on Rick Nash, pitch for Roberto Luongo - Toronto Star

NHL.com

The Penguins announced Thursday that they have agreed to terms with Crosby on a 12-year contract extension worth $104.4 million.

NHL.com

The Penguins announced Thursday that they have agreed to terms with Crosby on a 12-year contract extension worth $104.4 million.

Good for Crosby but I would think that's a huge risk for the Pens. Unless they have some injury/concussion clause written into the contract.