The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
super_dave_1

Wally Tatomir to retire

JR tweeted today that Wally Tatomir is retiring.

I would like to congratulate my friend Wally Tatomir on a great career, as he steps away after many good years in hockey.

and...

Wally was a major contributor to our team equipment staff and our organization's successes. He will be missed.

To me, Wally is just as much a part of the organization as anybody else behind the bench. He was always "Johnie on the spot" to get somebody's skates sharpened, hand off some dry gloves, or root around in his bag for a new nose for Tim Gleason after a fight.

Wally, you will be missed.

SCJ06_10b.jpg

Edited by super_dave_1

Class act and a gentleman all the way! Wally you will be missed! Enjoy retirement! You are a tried and true person in Hurricanes lore and forever will be!

A HUGE thank you from Caniac Nation!

Aww crap...who am I gonna convince on the team that Carolyn and I are stalking them on the road games?

Godspeed Wally...enjoy the vacation...

My wife and i saw Wally and the rest of the training staff, walking around in front of td bank garden hours before 2009 second game of playoffs , where the guy hours later said he ws going to eat my wife and i, but lets not go there :) I yelled out to wally and gang , go canes, if they hadnt been a distance away, and walking the other way, i would have got a autograph.. oh well.. all the best wally!

My wife and i saw Wally and the rest of the training staff, walking around in front of td bank garden hours before 2009 second game of playoffs , where the guy hours later said he ws going to eat my wife and i, but lets not go there :) I yelled out to wally and gang , go canes, if they hadnt been a distance away, and walking the other way, i would have got a autograph.. oh well.. all the best wally!

Ronald Poppo, is that you?

It bothers me that all these 'cornerstone' day-to-day guys are moving on (one way or another). I know it's only natural, but that connection to the 2006 championship team is getting thinner by the year.

That being said, I'll really miss seeing Wally around. All the best from a fan!

Awwww man... hate to see him go.... great guy. Congrats on a stellar Championship career and enjoy retirement!

I have to thank my Uncles friend who got a hat from him signed by Rod A Brind AMor for me while I was in the hospital 3 years ago for 3 months! He was in the Lowes Hardware in Boone NC and the friend of my uncles recognized him and he said "Carolina Hurricanes" then he told him about me being a fan and he grab that hat for my uncle to give to me since I was in the hospital. Thank you Will Tatomir for all what you done for us. You wont be for gotten and good luck!!!!!