The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

New CBA or Lockout? "All things CBA"

Just saw that 63 NHL players were placed on waivers today ... 11 from the Canes :

Carolina Hurricanes: Brett Bellemore, Nicolas Blanchard, Zach Boychuk, Justin Krueger, Jerome Samson, Brett Sutter, Chris Terry, Tim Wallace, Justin Peters, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Bobby Sanguinetti

WHAT ??? Justin Peters too !

I'd guess this is getting things in place for all these guys to be Charlotte Checkers after Bettman's dumbass lockout tomorrow, but I sure hope noboby picks up Peters overnight !

This whole owners & Bettman greed thing is upsetting.

If Peter K schedules a season ticket holder meeting with Bettman like he did in 2005, I'm bringing tomatoes to throw at Gary !

The workers at PNC will be out of work, thats a shame, but the greed that is all part of this doesnt look at the whole picture, greed, money, greed, money, rich owners, players should get more money... im tried of ranting, im shutting down till there is a agreement.. :twilight-zone:

Hello Canes front office...I'm going to need to watch some hockey...and you already have 1000.00 of my money soooo...you will need to give me awesome seats and bring the checkers to the PNC arena until all you fools come to your senses. That way I get to see hockey-the parking attendants won't go hungry or the arena personnel or the popcorn guy...come on you know this is the RIGHT thing to do! Since you waited till the last min.to play "let's make a deal"

Thank you that's all

So for the good of local Canes fans.....Tick off the Checker fans, break the contract with Time Warner Arena, layoff the vendors and their staffs. While you're at it find a new place to play because minor league hockey has a hard enough time attracting fans. And since the owners will be doing that, what will the players provide? There are two parties at this dance.

Edited by winger52

So for the good of local Canes fans.....Tick off the Checker fans, break the contract with Time Warner Arena, layoff the vendors and their staffs. While you're at it find a new place to play because minor league hockey has a hard enough time attracting fans. And since the owners will be doing that, what will the players provide? There are two parties at this dance.

Oops Sorry guess I should have said "bring a couple games to Raleigh" :thumbsup: I have and will travel the 5 hours to Charlotte/5 hours back... I was just hoping to drive only 2 hours/2 hours back for a couple games...and see more hockey.I wasn't intending to "tick" anyone off like stated earlier-just enjoy some hockey :woohoo: I'm a Hockey fan in general not just a "local Canes fan" (oh and not really so local either) I support the CHECKERS and the Canes...

Edited by Pkling40

Oops Sorry guess I should have said "bring a couple games to Raleigh" :thumbsup: I have and will travel the 5 hours to Charlotte/5 hours back... I was just hoping to drive only 2 hours/2 hours back for a couple games...and see more hockey.I wasn't intending to "tick" anyone off like stated earlier-just enjoy some hockey :woohoo: I'm a Hockey fan in general not just a "local Canes fan" (oh and not really so local either) I support the CHECKERS and the Canes...

I'll grab an Amtrak ride to see most of our players if this continues.

Hello Canes front office...I'm going to need to watch some hockey...and you already have 1000.00 of my money soooo...you will need to give me awesome seats and bring the checkers to the PNC arena until all you fools come to your senses. That way I get to see hockey-the parking attendants won't go hungry or the arena personnel or the popcorn guy...come on you know this is the RIGHT thing to do! Since you waited till the last min.to play "let's make a deal"

Thank you that's all

Preach it!

Well, guess that's why we haven't seen our ticket packages yet either. I will be making a extra trips to Charlotte (6 hrs round trip) to see the Checkers, or maybe to Fayetteville (3 hrs round trip) to see the FireAntz.

Edited by hopper915

I think the NHL should sentd in a negotiator besides Bettman--I bet they would get farther.

He is, in my opinion, an arrogant little twerp------I would find it hard to talk to him at all.

His entire presentation is totally annoying to me !

He will not have an easy time with Fehr. The owners own the playground, and they hold

all the cards---but Bettman't opening salvo of 57% down to 43 % of revenue sharing was a

slap in the players face and set the tone for the entire negotiation. It is why we are where

we are today, IMO.

Our best off-season---so sorry we will have no hockey !

While Bettman is the whipping boy/mouth piece for the owners, I think this should serve as his third strike. He should be gone, the final straw so to speak. I will give him credit in that he takes boos like no other person I have ever seen though lol.

I know it is a futile request, but I would love to hear Karmonos explain

why he voted for the lockout,

what is the financial status of the Canes,

and why the Canes’ share of the 1,65 billion in revenue isn’t enough to keep the team out of the red when his players get paid from their piece of the revenue pie

if he would explain how much he is losing any why he is losing that amount I may have more sympathy for the owners

CapGeek@capgeek With an #NHL lockout hours away, teams have now spent $168.375M re-signing 12 players over the past two days.

I guess it should read moments away now and that doesn't include Evander Kane's six-year, $31.5 million deal.

6? What happened to 7?

JUST KIDDING!

Have a nice day!

Happy lockout everyone!

I know it is a futile request, but I would love to hear Karmonos explain

why he voted for the lockout,

what is the financial status of the Canes,

and why the Canes’ share of the 1,65 billion in revenue isn’t enough to keep the team out of the red when his players get paid from their piece of the revenue pie

if he would explain how much he is losing any why he is losing that amount I may have more sympathy for the owners

I would guess that since the Hurricanes are a private company the chances of this happening are zero, unless you happen to be one of the new investors, in which case you would already know those answers.

I am having a hard time generating any sympathy for the owners or players. Hockey is the only sport I have anyinterest in, but this just may be what kills my interest, at least at the nHL level. May have to start taking in some minor league games.

Mettalurg signs Malkin and Gonchar for the season. I get the feeling that Mo will have bags under his eyes in no time.

Right now in the "Stages of Grief" I am at the anger stage. It will take some time to get to the acceptance stage,

I think the NHL should sentd in a negotiator besides Bettman--I bet they would get farther.

He is, in my opinion, an arrogant little twerp------I would find it hard to talk to him at all.

His entire presentation is totally annoying to me !

He will not have an easy time with Fehr. The owners own the playground, and they hold

all the cards---but Bettman't opening salvo of 57% down to 43 % of revenue sharing was a

slap in the players face and set the tone for the entire negotiation. It is why we are where

we are today, IMO.

Our best off-season---so sorry we will have no hockey !

If I read correctly this morning, this is the 4th work stoppage in the 100+ year history of the NHL. It's the 3rd one under Bettman. That tells me he isn't very good at his job. Someone "in charge of the league" should be better at keeping it operating smoothly.

Received this email from the front office:

Dear Coastal,

With the September 15 expiration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between the NHL and the NHL Players Association, the NHL's Board of Governors has enacted a lockout. In light of this development, we want to provide our Season Ticket Holders with up-to-date information regarding your season tickets.

At this time, no games have been cancelled, and the possibility of the Hurricanes playing the full season schedule still remains; however, given the current uncertainty of the situation, ticket mailings have been suspended until the new CBA is reached. Assuming that an agreement is made to preserve the season in its entirety, 12-Game Plan Holders will receive their ticket plans in the mail approximately one week prior to the first game in their ticket plan.

If an announcement should come from the league that there will be a postponement or suspension of any games, then we will be sure to inform you of any planning adjustments that may need to be made as soon as possible. Should the unfortunate situation arise in which any games must be cancelled, we want to give you complete assurance that Season Ticket Holders will not pay for any games which go unplayed. Additionally, should the lockout continue past Sept. 29, the monthly payment drafts of Season Ticket Holders currently taking advantage of the extended payment program will be suspended.

Furthermore, your continued support as a Season Ticket Holder, during what we know is a frustrating time as the NHL and NHLPA strive to reach a balanced, long-term labor agreement, is tremendously appreciated. In honor of your patience during this process, Season Ticket Holders will be provided with 3% simple interest on the money in your ticket account (accrued beginning September 16, 2012 through the duration of a lockout) which can be used towards additional 2012-13 regular season or playoff tickets, or towards your 2013-14 season ticket renewal.

Following an exciting off-season, we’re anxious to drop the puck and to see what the team’s bolstered lineup has in store for Hurricanes fans this season. If we can answer any questions for you, please don’t hesitate to contact our staff by calling 1-866-NHL-CANES (1-866-645-2263).

Thank you again for your support and Go Canes!

Kyle Prairie

Vice President, Ticket Sales

Carolina Hurricanes

x

Edited by coastal_caniac