The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

New CBA or Lockout? "All things CBA"

I know it's more come here come here come here, get away get away get away. Up and down and up and down.

But:

This was somewhat encouraging linked by Chip's Tweets:

Owners Might be Fed Up with BetmanMy link

I read that too. Of course it only takes 8 owners to hold the hard line. We suspect Bruins,Wild and Caps are hard line. It would only take 5 more and lots of small market teams would benefit from a bigger cut to help offset losses. Still if the Flyers owner has broken ranks with Bettman that would be a big deal and the Ranger ownership is said to have never been a Bettman fan. It might be time for Fehr to back off some off his hard line too. Maybe, Maybe, Maybe or maybe not. But at least they are going to talk again.

x

to have a 12/1 start to the season there needs to be a CBA signed by this comming Wednesday. Probably not going to happen. Instead expect to see the first two weeeks in December cancelled.

Well, it looks like they met for about 2 hours and the League wants the PA to send them another proposal for consideration...one that doesn't ask for as much a percentage of revenue sharing (getting them closer to the 50/50 split).

Here's hoping...

Just forget it, there is no hockey this year, neither side will budge. If they really wanted to play this year they would have settled it by now. Bettman and owners don't wanna play and the players have gotten use to being home hunting and fishing and spending some of there millions they got saved up. scruu the NHL and NHLPA. I hope they all feel the effects of there decisons on this lockout for years to come.

What is the minimum number of games that could make up a shortened season? What would such a schedule entail? How late could such a season start?

What is the minimum number of games that could make up a shortened season? What would such a schedule entail? How late could such a season start?

Collie I'm not sure any of us know the answer. After the 1994/95 lockout was settled the NHL skated a 48 game schedule. The season started Jan 20. (I had to look this up) I have no idea what a 48 game schedule would look like or even if the league would allow that short of a schedule this time around.

I've given up. Going to peel the Canes sticker off of my truck today.

They've officially lost one fan.

They're called the "owners" for a reason. It's their league, their money, their rules. The players can agree to the owners offers, or keep playing is Europe for $100,000 per season. It's all on the players now.

bleacher report

UPDATE: Wednesday, November 21 at 11:57 p.m. ET by Nicholas Goss

The first CBA meeting of the day has ended, and the two sides are expected to meet again in the afternoon, according to Ren Lavoie of RDS

x

nhl.com

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League's negotiating committee is reviewing an economic proposal for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement that it received from the National Hockey League Players' Association during a meeting Wednesday morning at the League office.

The two sides are expected to get back together Wednesday afternoon.

Help me out... is 182mil over 5 years "miles apart" or within reason for negotiating?

http://espn.go.com/n...ehr-says-report

It appears the two sides are moving closer together but I guess we will know more once the league responds.

according to tsn.ca

According to sources, the NHL has decided to wipe the first two weeks of December off the schedule, which will bring the total lost during the lockout to more than 400 games.

TSN Headline

NO PROGRESS

the only thing the league will see is regress as more and more people give up on their season tickets. the way the lockout is going, my 26 game mini-plan is about ready to be a full-season package. don't think that this qualifies me for full-season prices.

The only positive I think is that the players are now talking the same terms as far as linkage. "Far apart" is about 182 million over 5 years in terms of what the owners see in the deal. Which seems ridiculous when you consider how much money has been lost so far.

Edited by Ichigo-1

ESPN -The NHL and the players' union opened negotiations on a new labor deal Friday by meeting for about 2½ hours.

I think the meeting was mostly about how and when to conduct future meetings but at least they are meeting

The above quote posted in June just about sums up the "talks" into November..... :thumbdown:

Bettman says the only deal he'll sign off on is the one the owners presented weeks ago.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/nhl-lockout-talks-break-off-again-with-frustration/11802579/

NEW YORK — NHL labor talks broke off soon after they resumed Wednesday, with players maintaining their new proposal was a huge economic concession and Commissioner Gary Bettman pretty much saying the only deal he will agree to is the one management proposed last month.

Edited by TheBigKahuna

Just sent in my cancellation email

While it pains me to do this, I am requesting a full refund and cancellation of my STH account. I stated in an earlier email that I was willing to stick this out until Thanksgiving and see if things resolved. Since today is Thanksgiving and there is still no agreement on a new CBA, I feel that I must live up to my "line in the sand" and withdraw my support. I was hoping that the negotiations yesterday would leave me feeling that a deal in principle was at hand and only waiting for the approval of the players or owners. I still feel that the negotiators of the two sides are strutting around like two male peacocks in competition for the female.

My seating partner and I have thoroughly enjoyed being STH's. While we know that we will not get to 41 home games a year, we have really enjoyed being able to give tickets to family and friends in hopes that they would become Caniacs. The UGZ seats have been affordable enough to allow us to do this and not feel like we are giving away too much financially. We saw it as our own little way of supporting the Hurricanes in Raleigh and hopefully keeping them here for a long time. I can't help but feel that our small efforts to support the organization do not help at all when every few years there is a loss of hockey.

Carolina Hurricanes games, tailgating, and socializing at games have become a HUGE part of the social life of my family. We will miss that greatly. I have a ton of fantastic memories that the RBC/PNC play a huge part in. I'm sure that when the two sides stop throwing feces and blame at each other, an agreement will be reached. I will probably return to going to a handful of games each season like I did for several years before ramping up to being a STH. My family, friends, and I have gone to a gradually increasing amount of games from the beginning of the Canes' time in Raleigh. I have now been set back to my participation level of that first couple of seasons in Raleigh. I feel no reason to be more loyal to the NHL, the NHLPA, and the Carolina Hurricanes than they have been to their fans. This lockout, combined with the previous lockouts, have done irreparable damage to the game in my opinion. I personally can not see it as a good "investment" right now.

Please process the refund on all funds in my account.

If this isn't over by Christmas...then it's over...

we need to send a lump of coal to every NHL player and to every NHL owner, they have been bad, bad boys

we need to send a lump of coal to every NHL player and to every NHL owner, they have been bad, bad boys

Mamma's gonna worry...I've been a bad, bad boy...no use sayin sorry...it's somethin that I enjoy!