The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

New CBA or Lockout? "All things CBA"

USA TODAY

"Trying to set up something for this week, but nothing finalized yet," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly wrote Sunday in an email to The Associated Press.

USA TODAY

"Trying to set up something for this week, but nothing finalized yet," NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly wrote Sunday in an email to The Associated Press.

My first question... why is Bill Daly writing emails to the AP? :shakeshead:

Ok, so when the boys are back on the ice, what kind of cheesy slogan do you think will be painted along the blue lines this time? "We're sorry fans!" ?

My first question... why is Bill Daly writing emails to the AP? :shakeshead:

AP asked the question.

AP asked the question.

At this point a "no comment" would have been far more appropriate than "I have no reason, nor any intention, of reaching out to the union right now," Daly said in an email to the AP. "I have no new ideas. Maybe they do. We are happy to listen."

Sounds like they're still trying to use the media to me.

Ok, so when the boys are back on the ice, what kind of cheesy slogan do you think will be painted along the blue lines this time? "We're sorry fans!" ?

About as good as my idea...a middle finger at center ice.

At this point a "no comment" would have been far more appropriate than "I have no reason, nor any intention, of reaching out to the union right now," Daly said in an email to the AP. "I have no new ideas. Maybe they do. We are happy to listen."

Sounds like they're still trying to use the media to me.

No doubt sending a signal through the media. If the latest email ("Trying to set up something for this week,") is reported correctly then Daily has probable been given the task to keep some kind of talk going. A signal they might be willing to negotiate contracts? I don't know but I have read that both sides are under some pressure from some of their respective members to try and reach a deal.

We will see.

Or it could be like that solemn oath on the morning after WAY too many adult beverages: "I promise I'll NEVER do that again. (and this time I mean it!"

No doubt sending a signal through the media. If the latest email ("Trying to set up something for this week,") is reported correctly then Daily has probable been given the task to keep some kind of talk going. A signal they might be willing to negotiate contracts? I don't know but I have read that both sides are under some pressure from some of their respective members to try and reach a deal.

We will see.

Is it just me or does it seem as if the second-in-command guys have the calmer demeanors in this whole fiasco?

Saw 2013 Hurricanes Calendars shopping today... depressing... I am getting close to the point where I don't even care anymore...

wonder why they did not cancel the holiday weekend's games while they were at it? Because it is likely the cross-conefrence games are likely to be axed should the shortemd season start that weekend the Canes will be left with just about 20 home games. Wonder if they are going to doublle concession prices to make up some of the lost HRR?

The season is going to look more like an extended playoff than a shortened season. Now if we can only get Bettman and Fehr to play nice it could be fun to watch.

TSA, I liked your Christmas card.

I can't believe no one liked my Christmas card :(

i've been so cranky and blinded by anger that when I saw another link to click on, i was too tired to try and look.

based on your plead here, i gave it a shot.

Best Card Ever! Thank You TSA! i just died laughing. oh man i needed that.

TSA, I liked your Christmas card.

:D

Who really didn't expect them to cancel more games? I figured with more cancellations coming people needed a chuckle. It was supposed to be funny folks!

i've been so cranky and blinded by anger that when I saw another link to click on, i was too tired to try and look.

based on your plead here, i gave it a shot.

Best Card Ever! Thank You TSA! i just died laughing. oh man i needed that.

Your welcome, I think we could all use a chuckle or two :)

Sorry, TSA, my *$%#!! phone doesn't support Adobe Flash. Just logged on at home. That's got to be the funniest thing I've seen in quite a while! Bettman's face is awesome.

On a more serious note: I've yet to get a refund on my first year's STH funds. I don't think I will, 'cause I know I'll be back when/if they play again. Does anyone know if locations can be "improved" to vacated areas by those who have withdrawn?

Also, for you guys Down East, I'm thinking about heading to Norfolk on Jan 23 to watch the Checkers and Admirals. (Too far to Charlotte & I work every weekend) Anybody else thinking about taking in that game? I'd love to meet some of you guys.

I can't believe no one liked my Christmas card :(

SOULSLEIGH, LOL.

Also, for you guys Down East, I'm thinking about heading to Norfolk on Jan 23 to watch the Checkers and Admirals. (Too far to Charlotte & I work every weekend) Anybody else thinking about taking in that game? I'd love to meet some of you guys.

I'm going to the Canes game. :twilight-zone:

Sorry, TSA, my *$%#!! phone doesn't support Adobe Flash. Just logged on at home. That's got to be the funniest thing I've seen in quite a while! Bettman's face is awesome.

On a more serious note: I've yet to get a refund on my first year's STH funds. I don't think I will, 'cause I know I'll be back when/if they play again. Does anyone know if locations can be "improved" to vacated areas by those who have withdrawn?

Glad you liked it :)

Call your ticket rep, once someone gives up their seats for a full refund the seats are fair game. At least that's my understanding.

Not sure why the ecard lost Sid and Bill so here's a new link (just because they're fun to make):

http://host-d.oddcast.com/elfyourself2012/?mId=45308782.3

Something like "Fans, we're sorry....and we apologize as well"

I know I'm already looking forward to this but I may get hounded unmercifully at the arena, but I will be attending the Checkers @ Heat game(s) in February and may be the only one there in a Checkers sweater....any help?or advice? I AM looking forward to the post game brewskies in a smaller town Canadian pub, though.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread....

I'd imagine they would paint something equivalent to this:

Woody-Harrelson.jpg

I thought the card was funny TSA :) just in a foul mood with everything else going on with the NHL.

aparently the Canes' ticket office has not given any thought to us 26-game plan holders who become defacto full season ricket holders should there be a 48 game season