The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

New CBA or Lockout? "All things CBA"

I guess I'm one of the sucker STH's. I'll just be glad when hockey is back this season and I have my Yugo to drive back and forth from Edenton. I can also chuck my lab in the back seat if necessary, although he is a big guy, and prefers an F-150. At least I get free oil changes when I get there.

Drop the puck.

Not sure how I'm going to respond to the team/NHL once the lockout is over. Throughout this process the one thing both sides have taken for granted are the Fans. I make make a principled statement of not going to any games for the strike shortened season - Hockey had a chance to rise above the NBA and they blew it. I will not buy season tickets for at least 2 years once they return.

There is no question that the NHL brand has been damaged. How damaged only time will tell. Yet NBC knew what it was getting into. They knew it was likely there would be a lock out and I suspect they knew there was a chance of a lost season. They are gambling that the popularity trend established over the last few years will continue once the lockout ends.

10 year CBA. 10 year TV deal. Coincidence?

I bet they didn't foresee the owners and the players crapping the bed like they did though.

NHL announces cancellation of 2012-13 regular-season schedule through January 14

Thursday, 12.20.2012 / 4:00 PM /

NHL.com

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League announced today the cancellation of the 2012-13 regular-season schedule through January 14. The cancellations are necessary due to the absence of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL Players' Association and the NHL.

A total of 625 regular-season games—50.8 percent of the season—were scheduled for October 11 through January 14.

Yup, next one is it, end of the season. They can still do 48 games from mid-jan. I think we have had more talks here in this one forum then the two sides combined... 130 pages folks!

Not at all optimistic about a deal getting done to salvage a season now, not that I care at this point anyways. All this has shown is that this league's management on both sides is a joke and that the fans, much less the health of the sport in North America come second to greed. And here to think I was excited about seeing Jordan, Eric and Semin tear it up this season just a couple months ago.

Does anyone know if I can put up any NHL/team memorabilia up for free on Ebay? ...just getting prepared for the cancelled season announcement on Jan 15th.... :Aarrg::whiteflag::hairpull:

:

Got my cash-out check in today's mail Just the check, Not even a form letter stating the were sad to lose me as 26-game STH.

For a 1/14/13 start to occur the new CBA must be signed, sealed, and delivered by 1/3/13. Cancel the damn seaason. Before the NHL resturns to the ice, eliminate ALL teams that are losing money. If this includes the Canes, so be it

Got my cash-out check in today's mail Just the check, Not even a form letter stating the were sad to lose me as 26-game STH.

For a 1/14/13 start to occur the new CBA must be signed, sealed, and delivered by 1/3/13. Cancel the damn seaason. Before the NHL resturns to the ice, eliminate ALL teams that are losing money. If this includes the Canes, so be it

What did you expect, a pat on the back and some Hardees coupons?

Dadgum?

What did you expect, a pat on the back and some Hardees coupons?

Dadgum?

Nope. Just would like a form letter saying they were sorry to lose me as a paying fan since the Cup run . I really do not think that Canes, and the league as a whole, understands the pent up frustration that exists with the NHL fan base. When a business starts losing customers the first thing that must be is determine the reason for the loss. Apparently they are deluded enough to believe we will return like mind-numbed sheep when the league resumes play.

Am I the lone voice of hope...hope...hope....

Bueller?

if you still have a postive mental attitude about this mess, good for you

I'm holding out hope till the end. :Tumbleweed:

And just in case of tomorrow, it's been a pleasure knowin y'all. :huh:

Pleasure knowing you too :)

mayanjoke.jpg

Am I the lone voice of hope...hope...hope....

Bueller?

There absolutely is still hope. It's just much harder to access after multiple rounds of lunacy. Both sides are intent of taking this down to the last hour.

I just have to believe that cooler heads will prevail in the end and enough owners and players all come to their senses before driving this car off the cliff.

I still think they're going to play shortened season.

The only way it makes sense for the owners to allow this to go completely over is if they are trying to break the union, or weed out the poor teams. Both of those are bad ideas even if the owners got their way.

I'm frustrated as all get out and I haven't given up hope.

Of course I thought this would be a short lockout, so what do I know?

I have all three of these going at once:

angry.gifsleep.gifpray.gif

Aaron Ward@aaronward_nhl Following NHLPA vote deadline, a conference call will take place this afternoon with Executive Board and Negotiating Committees.

And the expectation is ???

What does anyone expect to hear, different ?

Seems like Gary and gang have done nothing for a week+ now, maybe just waiting for the results of the player vote ?

I don't know.

Or do the Fehr Bros announce that "well the players have voted to disband the union ... merry xmas fans ... see ya in court Gary".