The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

New CBA or Lockout? "All things CBA"

WHEN I GET HOME TODAY I WILL BE SCRAPING THE HURRICANES LOGO STICKER OFF MY TRUCK!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

Count me in as well...solely because I have to sell my car to my non-Caniac older brother next month before I move overseas. ;)

Count me in as well...solely because I have to sell my car to my non-Caniac older brother next month before I move overseas. ;)

Put a Bruins sticker over it, he'll get over it ;)

Personally I don't want to watch a 48 game season. I just dont get how anyone could get excited about hockey so soon after this crap even if you love The sport There's too much dislike to the team and to the players to make me care. About the only thing that could change that for this "season" would be a cup run but then i would still have guilt and mixed emotions about the run.i might be interested if the season starts at the regular time next year. The only real thing I'm thankful for at this point is that our group of guys have remained pretty much silent and not made a fool out of themselves in the media.

I hope the courts make fools of both the players and the league when it gets to that point for what it's worth.

Okay, so now the owners know for sure that the players are not going to fold like a wet noodle, so we can move onto step 59* of the script.

* estimated

As to a shortened season, sure right now it is hard to imagine, but once they lace them up, feelings and interest will change fast, so long as there is hockey this year. Now if JR hadn't made those off-season moves, things might be different. But I just can't wait to see the Staals, Skinner, Semin et under Muller surprise the heck out of some people.

Cancel the whole season though? Huge risk a lot of people don't come back, at least at first.

Still this script plays out with a shortened season this year.

Edited by remkin

I just dont get how anyone could get excited about hockey so soon after this crap even if you love The sport

There's been more and more comments like this recently. Particularly from those that have given up or have cashed in. Some of us haven't. It's a personal choice.

Go Canes! (<---This is a choice)

Edited by coastal_caniac

There's been more and more comments like this recently. Particularly from those that have given up or have cashed in. Some of us haven't. It's a personal choice.

Go Canes! (<---This is a choice)

And then there are people like me, that have cashed in because of a personal choice (I felt that my wallet was the only leverage I had) but who have not given up. I hope they get this thing figured out and are skating in a couple of weeks. A partial season is better than none.

Also coastal, you might be wrong. "Go Canes!" isn't a choice, it's a way of life.

The lines have been drawn. Will the threat of the disclaimer of interest get the sides to come to their senses or will they dig in their heels again. I can't believe either side will risk the uncertainty of a court battle but then I can't believe this has gone on as long as it has.

Just because players have voted to allow the union heads to file the disclaimer doesn't mean they will. But if history of these negotiations is any indication they will.

If hockey returns this season I'll watch. If hockey returns next season I'll watch. But will I watch like I did before. I'm not sure,

Christmas hockey tix under the tree have now been replaced by tix to Jersey Boys. I'm not suppose to know about that yet but I do. My point is that we are all finding other ways to spend our money. Even Santa Claus.

I would watch but at home. I was planning to make many a trip to Raleigh this season but for obvious reasons that didnt happen. This was the first year financially I could really dedicate my self to going multiple times a year. Even though about a ticket plan.

The Nhl wont get any of my money this season. Next year I'm sure I will go some.

Now that the players have voted to dissolve, I hope they realize that they are also opening that big can of whup ***. I think there are a number of reasons why this a bad move.

1. Cannot argue anti-trust... tooo many other leagues and U.S. law does not cover Canadian teams.

2. Individual players (see millionaires) against Owners ( see billionaires, yes that's with a b ) arguing that 50% of HRR is not fair.

3. Recent moves in states to weaken unions ie. changes in Right To Work laws.

4. The time involved to get Judges, Appellate Judges, and the Supreme Court to make rulings. Then all this also has to happen in the Canadian courts.

I think the players are toast in this recent move. Say goodbye to the Fehr brothers as they are packing up and leaving the building.

Edited by winger52

The decision to completely abandon hockey is not one i would lightly make. Do I plan on buying anything other than cable to watch them, no. Not for a long, long time. I can and have put up with Trip before.

Also coastal, you might be wrong. "Go Canes!" isn't a choice, it's a way of life.

I also agree----it is a way of life ! I am as unhappy as the rest of you---but I don't

take my frustration out on the Canes organization because I think it is as much

beyond their control as it is ours. They had a great off-season. Do you really

think they wanted to see the season go down the tubes? Really ?

My money is still in the pot because it will be used next season of we have no

season at all this year--and I will have my next years ticket money to use for

something else. My Canes logos on my car are magnetic----but I wouldn't think

of taking them off. (After all--that giant red, black and white bulls eye on the back

of my car help me find it easily in a crowded parking lot) :rolleyes:

I will put it in red ---GO CANES !

My anger is with the NHL and the Fehrs.

:Tumbleweed:

Yes, this board is like this today.....

Understandable, though....

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas from the only 'Canes fan west of the Cascade Mountains!

Merry Christmas to my fellow Caniacs. There may not be any hockey in the NHL right now, but there sure is here in Winterville, NC.

bubblegame_zpsb9c37f6c.jpg

BTW, we'll be at the Checkers vs Admirals game in Norfolk on Jan. 23, whether the Canes are back on the ice or not. Already got the tix. Yeah, another present for myself! :thumbsup:

Yep, I'll be there.

We'll be on the second row behind the Checkers bench sec 2 row D seats 1-4. I'm sure a couple of us will wear our Canes attire. Hunt us down if you get the chance.

We'll be on the second row behind the Checkers bench sec 2 row D seats 1-4. I'm sure a couple of us will wear our Canes attire. Hunt us down if you get the chance.

The first two or three rows behind the bench in Norfolk are at the same level as the bench and all you will see is the back of the players heads and none of the ice. I know this from experience. I went to the Calder Cup finals last year and bought tickets right behind the bench. At the first break, we moved to the upper level. It's good to see the players up close, but you will not be able to see the action on the ice.

Sorry, I didn't read closely enough. Thought you meant the Checkers game coming up at PNC.

No news (that I can find) that there are any scheduled face-to-face meetings between the two sides. Guess we start the count-down to January 2nd and the start of hockey Armageddon if the PPA goes through its threat.

The first two or three rows behind the bench in Norfolk are at the same level as the bench and all you will see is the back of the players heads and none of the ice. I know this from experience. I went to the Calder Cup finals last year and bought tickets right behind the bench. At the first break, we moved to the upper level. It's good to see the players up close, but you will not be able to see the action on the ice.

Bummer. Do they give you a hard time moving to upper level seats that are empty? I never saw anything about "obstructed view" till I printed the tickets. Was hoping they were just referring to the extra glass supports around the benches.

Well my wife got me this gem for Christmas yesterday:

51RKWpmNETL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The good news? Rod Brind'Amour is still on the roster...hee hee.

The bad news? Two things...

1. No Jeff Skinner

2. IT'S NOT THE REAL (CENSORED)ING THING!!!!