The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

New CBA or Lockout? "All things CBA"

Bummer. Do they give you a hard time moving to upper level seats that are empty? I never saw anything about "obstructed view" till I printed the tickets. Was hoping they were just referring to the extra glass supports around the benches.

Its been my experience that nobody gives you a hard time moving seats unless of course they are sold out and that doesn't happen often. You might also be able to exchange them at the window before the game. Some people love being that close to the ice. I don't. If I'm downstairs I think I try to sit in row H or higher and if I am upstairs I try to sit in the first 10 rows. Scope is a small arena so most seats between the blue lines are pretty good.

You will have fun no matter where you sit.

Its been my experience that nobody gives you a hard time moving seats unless of course they are sold out and that doesn't happen often. You might also be able to exchange them at the window before the game. Some people love being that close to the ice. I don't. If I'm downstairs I think I try to sit in row H or higher and if I am upstairs I try to sit in the first 10 rows. Scope is a small arena so most seats between the blue lines are pretty good.

You will have fun no matter where you sit.

I'll have fun for sure: it's hockey!

Grew up in Roper and went to a bunch of concerts at Scope but never any hockey. That was back in the '80s though. Thanks for the insight

Edited by pepcane

Bummer. Do they give you a hard time moving to upper level seats that are empty? I never saw anything about "obstructed view" till I printed the tickets. Was hoping they were just referring to the extra glass supports around the benches.

Moving was not an issue. The upper level seats between the blue lines are all good. You can probably just sit higher in the section your seats are in.

I see this as a step in the right direction. The owners had to make the next move and they did. The NHLPA will need to respond with caution if they want a deal. I think there is still time for some "what if" conversation but negotiations need to turn away from hard line positions. Players move . Then 10-14 days to get a deal done.

If talks break bad it's over IMO.

I see this as a step in the right direction. The owners had to make the next move and they did. The NHLPA will need to respond with caution if they want a deal. I think there is still time for some "what if" conversation but negotiations need to turn away from hard line positions. Players move . Then 10-14 days to get a deal done.

If talks break bad it's over IMO.

Seems like a reasonable offer. Just take it. Don't try to push for more. Who are we kidding? Fehr will push for me.....

Edited by bluedevil58

I don't think it's 10-14 days...I think they have til maybe next Tuesday or Wednesday...then the season gets called.

Ahhhh, we'll see, bah humbug, bad attitude. I don't even know if i care anymore, 48 game season seems like an extended training camp for next year. guess it would be nice to watch some games and see how the staals play together. maybe skinner is an ox now. we'll see, NHL has messed with my emotions enough this year, don't mess with my emotions again man. for it to be worth it I think i'd want to see an extra game added every week, season extended to end of april and play 60 games or more.

Ahhhh, we'll see, bah humbug, bad attitude. I don't even know if i care anymore, 48 game season seems like an extended training camp for next year. guess it would be nice to watch some games and see how the staals play together. maybe skinner is an ox now. we'll see, NHL has messed with my emotions enough this year, don't mess with my emotions again man. for it to be worth it I think i'd want to see an extra game added every week, season extended to end of april and play 60 games or more.

being on full-time disability I have reached a point where I can no longer justify the cost of a season tickets and the concessions at the arena. Will continue to watch the Canes on Fox Sports and via Center Ice. Will go to games that are not televised via either of these mediums and get a ticket in the resale area in front of NCSU's stadium

I don't think it's 10-14 days...I think they have til maybe next Tuesday or Wednesday...then the season gets called.

You may be right. I think they will still have a little more time to dot the i's and cross the t's before they call a season. But I'm in the earlier the better camp. Lets hope the players are in the same frame of mind.

I don't like the draft lottery aspect of the proposal. I always thought the NBA lottery was too gimmicky. Just give the #1 pick to the team with the worst record. Of course, I say this and then what would I say if the Canes win the #1 pick without having the worst record?

The league has made it pretty clear when the deadline date is to get a deal done and salvage a 48-game season. An excerpt of an article in the Globe and Mail:

The NHL and its players have no more than 10 days left to save a 48-game season, a league executive said in the wake of the owners' latest offer.

The executive, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of NHL commissioner Gary Bettman's gag order on management, said the commissioner made it clear in the last two weeks to both the union and the 30 NHL teams the last possible date to start a shortened season is January 19. This would allow for a 48-game season, the shortest schedule Bettman says the owners would allow, plus playoffs that would conclude in late June.

In that case, the executive said, the players and owners need to reach a new agreement by Jan. 5 or 6. That would leave one week to complete enough of the legal paperwork for the lockout to end, another week for training camp and the season would start on Saturday, Jan. 19.

Full Article

Edited by coastal_caniac

According to TSN:

The league would like to have an agreement in place no later than January 11 with training camps to open the following day and the season starting on January 19.

They can do this can't they?

I've read the reported details of the offer, and it's hard for me to see why they couldn't have countered with this type of thing two weeks ago. The league moved off that hill they wanted to die on.

Dave, they needed two weeks to tear down their fortifications on that hill...that's why it's taken so long!

I really hope this isn't another ploy. I hope it isn't a way to make the union not file a disclaimer of interest or to strengthen the league contention in court that they can still negotiate with the union and a disclaimer of interest is just a tactic. I hope everyone wants to avoid court and has come to their senses..I hope, I hope, I hope.

Well, this is probably the NHL's last effort before calling it:

http://espn.go.com/n...yer-source-says

Debate is here:

http://espn.go.com/b...end-the-lockout

Feel like i'm in a bad relationship here, i'll take you back NHL but you gotta promise to change...

Glad to see I was right about the make whole being gone being total BS as well.

Edited by Ichigo-1

obligatory second page post because their is no problem with first posts on new pages according to whomever hosts this board

Feel like i'm in a bad relationship here, i'll take you back NHL but you gotta promise to change...

Glad to see I was right about the make hole being gone being total BS as well.

Ichi, you aren't the only one...

We're all suffering from battered fan syndrome... :)

Ichi, you aren't the only one...

We're all suffering from battered fan syndrome... :)

You could make money selling BFS bumper stickers and banners for the few who show up for opening night next October. Maybe you could hold a telethon to help relieve the suffering, could maybe get some of the "Make Whole" bucks.

Edited by winger52