The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

New CBA or Lockout? "All things CBA"

Think I'm losing it too... I've hit my "refresh" icon more tonight than I did on election night. Sheesh... I need to get a life.

Pepcane, the Mouse is feeling the lockout too...no Disney hockey ornaments ANYWHERE!!!

Bummer. But you do have all of your mascots now, don't you? Think we found ours in the ESPN store at Downtown Disney. Yeah, tucked away in a corner of course.

We are about to find out I guess...

I don't know. They are still behind closed doors. No reporters seem to know.

I don't think this will be good news. Otherwise, they would have had a deal by now. I predict negotiations to have broke down by the time that I wake up tomorrow...

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrunMeeting over. Fehr says both sides moved closer but still work to be done

Chip Alexander@ice_chipBettman says he's hopeful, says there has been some progress. Says word "disclaimer' never "uttered" by NHLPA to league.

Chip Alexander@ice_chipBettman says using mediator was a joint request. Said mediator will return Thursday morning.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun NHLPA did not file disclaimer but will ask players for authorization again to do so if talks don't "soon" produce a deal

Edited by Ichigo-1

Well, if we do get to see some hockey, we won't be seeing Rutuu on the ice. According to nhl.com, he has had hip surgery and will be out until April :(

Bummer. But you do have all of your mascots now, don't you? Think we found ours in the ESPN store at Downtown Disney. Yeah, tucked away in a corner of course.

Nope...still missing Nashville and LA...and won't get them til the lockout is over or hell freezes over...

I would hope the now exposed use of a Federal mediator and the inclusion of "pension experts" will help squelch the name-calling and spitball-throwing. With the PA not exercising the Disclaimer of Interest it shows that they are now serious. Bettman's calmer demeanor also bodes well for progress. Let's get this done folks.

It looks like small negotiating group are now meeting again.

Word is players will begin voting today to again give NHLPA right to file Disclaimer of Interest. I guess Fehr wants a negotiating chip in his back pocket.

KatieStrangESPN Katie Strang

#CBA Source confirms that NHLPA will vote again to re-authorize E board right to file disclaimer of interest, as 1st reported by @RealKyper

If the PA follows through with that and files, I think we all know the ramifications will be felt far and wide. And, I'm afraid, to the South.

...stirs from deep sleep...rubs eyes..."Any news on the lockout?"...rolls back over...pulls covers up over shoulders...back to sleep

It's like the movie "Groundhog Day". Every day, it's the same as the day before.

I was listening on the NHL XM channel on the drive outta WDW to Port St Lucie, and it's nothing but "how much more can us fans take before the owners and players realize how much damage they've done to the brand just by their stupid selfishness?"

Can't say I blame them...

Katie Strang@KatieStrangESPN #CBA According to NY Southern District Court spokesperson, a status conference has been scheduled between NHL/NHLPA this Monday at 9:30 a.m.

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Some players are concerned the league is digging in post-disclaimer deadline. New vote about to begin. PA will use disclaimer if necessary.

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun A few players have returned to NHL offices for small pension meeting