The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

New CBA or Lockout? "All things CBA"

I would like to say it's like a good mystery novel but there isn't anything good about it.

Better get a good book to kill about 8 more days because the only thing Steve Burton is tweeting about is #Dredgerface and the Gangnam Style video clip. When Steve Burton doesn't say the end is in sight, you know we're in for the long haul :lol:

http://www.hollywood...reporter-408049

TORONTO – The bottled-up frustrations of Canadian TV sports reporters covering the NHL labor talks for a hockey-mad nation on Thursday exploded – on Twitter.

stressed_canadian_tv_reporter_dreger_a_l.jpg

The best of #Dredgerface

Better get a good book to kill about 8 more days because the only thing Steve Burton is tweeting about is #Dredgerface and the Gangnam Style video clip. When Steve Burton doesn't say the end is in sight, you know we're in for the long haul :lol:

http://www.hollywood...reporter-408049

TORONTO – The bottled-up frustrations of Canadian TV sports reporters covering the NHL labor talks for a hockey-mad nation on Thursday exploded – on Twitter.

stressed_canadian_tv_reporter_dreger_a_l.jpg

The best of #Dredgerface

Here is a non-facebook link of some of the best Dredgerfaces from PPP blog

It was just a matter of time before someone combined the #Dredgerface and #NHLpodium :lol:

A_pu2s3CYAA-2AB.png

I think we will find out today if the hard line NHL owners are back in charge of the negotiations. I think we find out today if the PA can get past the latest miscue by by the NHL. Heck the players already don't trust the owners and the HRR was corrected so I hope they just move on.

I really don't believe the owners want to go to court Monday. To much at stake. Deal by Saturday?

x

After what I have read and seen I think there is a 95% change that the season is cancelled by the end of the day or sometimes soon and a 5% chance that it is saved. I know it sucks but it's not looking good at all.

Don't know if its good or bad news that I didn't hear a thing about yesterdays meetings. I'm guessing its not good because, well, I feel i would be an Idi*t to think otherwise going by the history of this lockout. I guess we got until middle of next week before season is cancelled or saved, hopefully they just make a decision today.

Don't know if its good or bad news that I didn't hear a thing about yesterdays meetings. I'm guessing its not good because, well, I feel i would be an Idi*t to think otherwise going by the history of this lockout. I guess we got until middle of next week before season is cancelled or saved, hopefully they just make a decision today.

After what I have read and seen I think there is a 95% change that the season is cancelled by the end of the day or sometimes soon and a 5% chance that it is saved. I know it sucks but it's not looking good at all.

Well nothing would surprise me. I think we are still 6 or7 days away from that nuclear option. That's not to say that by the end of the day they aren't hurling sticks and stones at each other again. I hope not because I don't think they are that far away from an agreement.

I still think there is a few days, we have a few key periods to go forward (or backwards), today, this weekend, and the first half of next week, I could be wrong but hopefully not.

a veteran member of the NHL’s Board of Governors told him Bettman is “prepared to cancel the season on Thursday if a deal has not been reached or appears to be imminent.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/gary-bettman-prepared-cancel-nhl-season-next-week-045255183--nhl.html

Of course anything can happen when both parties appear to still be racing toward the cliff, neither ultimately wanting to look willing to stop and not go over, but....

This script has been in play since the beginning and I still think that both sides are posturing until the end, when a last minute deal will be struck. I don't doubt that Fehr would go over the cliff and hope he has a parachute and Bettman gives a little more and puts the season back on, but I really don't think the players are ready to do that after what they have seen so far. 1. Last time Bettman canceled the season it stayed canceled. 2. Bettman needs only 8 mega rich owners who will barely feel it, to go over the cliff 3. All games including the Winter Classic and All Star game canceled so far have stayed canceled. 4. At some level at least 8 owners might just be OK with breaking the union down at any cost.

The players would be very wise to take this deadline seriously and take their best offer. In the end I think they will.

Sure we had hope every time things seemed to get back to the table. but with Bettman and Fehr this thing was always going right up to the edge of the cliff. The NHL has now put the players on notice. The deadlines have all been real up to now.

BTW I think we've all been played. That player who supposedly said Fehr said he could get a little more...no, my guess is Fehr told the players very early on that the only way to get the max deal available is to string it out to the very end. That's been the plan all along.

There is still a little bit of land before the cliff and both sides are going to use it.

At least we're finally getting to the very end. There will be NHL hockey this year. Just need a bit more theatrics first.

At least we're finally getting to the very end. There will be NHL hockey this year. Just need a bit more theatrics first.

the main question is what is the percentage of the fan base has been so turned-off by the actions they will not return to the arena, As long as the "suits crowd" continues to be able to deduct tickets as business expense, they will return. But what percentage of the fan base that must justify the hit to their budgets will return?

the main question is what is the percentage of the fan base has been so turned-off by the actions they will not return to the arena, As long as the "suits crowd" continues to be able to deduct tickets as business expense, they will return. But what percentage of the fan base that must justify the hit to their budgets will return?

Collie I think what ever damage to the fan base during the negotiations has already been done. I doubt it is a concern right now. it will become a concern again if they reach a point to decide if the season is to be canceled. A canceled season would impact additional fans but they are still days away from that.

Collie I think what ever damage to the fan base during the negotiations has already been done. I doubt it is a concern right now. it will become a concern again if they reach a point to decide if the season is to be canceled. A canceled season would impact additional fans but they are still days away from that.

I am on full-time disability and unforeseen circumstances in my life dictate the monies I had budgeted towards season tickets, and the expenses associated with going to the games, dictate the monies must be spent elsewhere. If I had the monies, I am so angry at both sides in this debacle I doubt I would return as a season ticket holder.

I am on full-time disability and unforeseen circumstances in my life dictate the monies I had budgeted towards season tickets, and the expenses associated with going to the games, dictate the monies must be spent elsewhere. If I had the monies, I am so angry at both sides in this debacle I doubt I would return as a season ticket holder.

I understand collie. I'm sure there are many fans as angry as you and I wasn't lessening the impact or anger you and others feel. I'm most irritated by how all this has played out. At this stage the damage has been done and even if an agreement is reached the damage to the fan base will linger. At this point only the cancellation of the season will create more discontent and ill will.

My point is given the damage already done it doesn't matter if an agreement is reached today or next week. The only thing that matters to fans not yet at the breaking point is salvaging a season. If the season is lost many more fans will be as angry as you are right now.

Back about a week ago I posted I hope the latest negotiations wasn't a ploy by owners to weaken the NHLPA in court by leading the union down another hopeful negotiation only to entice Fehr not to file a disclaimer trying to prove it was just a negotiating ploy by the union.. I still hope that wasn't the motive and we get an agreement.

x

Tell all the fans who have sold out the lower bowl to see the Checkers game Sunday they are supposed to continue to be butt hurt over the lockout.

I'll be there with diaper rash cream.

I predict now that I've made alternate plans for this season while leaving my hockey money on account for next year, we will now see an agreement and a 48 game season, leaving me double-booked on a lot of nights.

Back about a week ago I posted I hope the latest negotiations wasn't a ploy by owners to weaken the NHLPA in court by leading the union down another hopeful negotiation only to entice Fehr not to file a disclaimer trying to prove it was just a negotiating ploy by the union.. I still hope that wasn't the motive and we get an agreement.

x

understand your point. nothing of which to get upset.

the NHL has to do much to win back the fan support it had before this mess started. Having "thank you fans" on the ice will not cut it, offering Center Ice for free to the shortened season is a start. Finding ways to cut the cost of going to the games will also help put the salve on the wounds of the fans will also help. Perhaps reducing by 50% the cost of goods sold on NHL.COM. The sad thing is that even with the discount the league will still rake in the HRR

x

Speaking of which those of us with food credits should be offered the full credit, not some pro rated credit.

That would go a long way for me.

As much as i would love to go see the Checkers game on Sunday, I refuse to support any event in the PNC (unless I come across NCSU Basketball tickets to a big game) In the grand scheme of things any event other than Wolfpack basketball helps line the owners pockets. We boycotted Disney as well as TSO this year. We will make the drive to Charlotte at least twice this year to see the Checkers. We always go to "Skate with the Checker's game as well as their pooch party. Just wish the train schedule was compatible with an early evening return. We are full season ticket holders and I work a third shift job, Two years ago I went to all 41 games, last year only missed 3 do to a death in the family (yes there are some things more important) So you can label me a die hard. At this point I am enjoying getting to bed on time and could frankly care less if they play this year or not. If they do I hope they don't compact the season where there are 5 games each week. Get the contract signed by early summer and give me plenty of time to get as pumped up for next season as much as I was pumped up and counting down days until this years opening day.

Tell all the fans who have sold out the lower bowl to see the Checkers game Sunday they are supposed to continue to be butt hurt over the lockout.