The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

New CBA or Lockout? "All things CBA"

If Hedican was using Jeff O'Neill's fake tweet as a reference then it's not done.

Other people are saying their still negotiating but want a deal done ASAP to get the paperwork flowing.

I'm curious why you would think Jeff Oneils tweet is fake?

The ice IS down in the arena with the Canes logo at center ice.......just saying....

I'm curious why you would think Jeff Oneils tweet is fake?

Several people ranging from TSN analysts down to local hockey analysts made fun of the post knowing he was stirring the pot.

Not sure if you follow him but he enjoys getting people mad. Doesn't surprise me given some of the stories shared on the forums about him.

The ice IS down in the arena with the Canes logo at center ice.......just saying....

I hear ya, but I think that one's a coinky dink.

I'm sure they've been keeping the ice prepped in case the CBA randomly ends at any point. I doubt they'd melt the ice just to slap a Checkers logo on the ice.

I am seeing a few mixed things as well, people saying its done, others saying it could be done as soon as late Sunday. Also hearing 50 game season, camp starting on the 12th. Nothing official of course but its good news when the rumors are about if its going to be over tonight or by Monday. Chex game should be lively if its over before game time.

Imagine getting an annoucement during the game that the CBA is signed.

The reaction to that could be 50-50 haha.

Imagine getting an annoucement during the game that the CBA is signed.

The reaction to that could be 50-50 haha.

I was thinking about that earlier this afternoon. It would definitely be interesting to see how that one played out.

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

Still blame Fehr more than Bettman...but both need to go after this disgrace.

Looking forward to getting up at 1 am Central Europe time to join the game chat with you guys later this month!

Looking forward to getting up at 1 am Central Europe time to join the game chat with you guys later this month!

That's about 4 am for me. And I can't wait to wake up that early.

A FULL season will sink it for me. We're done if that happens. Done.

And to show I'm serious, this is my last post and log on to this board until the lock out is done and the season is restored. I'm off. If it lasts all season, then this is my last post forever. I'm preparing for the worst, and part of that is to delink myself from this selfish league for a while.

Hope to see you soon... Really hoping for the best, but bye for now... or perhaps forever.

I woke up this morning to the news on WRAL, so I guess I'm back.

I have one word for these parties. DISGRACE.

The players and league owners are childish, selfish and disgraceful. All of ya. You also have no respect for your fans. You've treated them like DIRT. Airing your dirty laundry to establish a "winning position" is garbage.

Yeah, I'm back. But I'm still angry as h3ll. This is going to take time to wear off. I know they are counting on it, and hoping that in a few years all will be forgotten. It probably will.

But give us fans a break and allow us to be really mad at ya'll. I'm spitting nails right now. I should be happy but I'm not.

Time to go to church and confess the words I wish I could say on this board. I guess it is a sin just thinking this way. I should forgive, but that's going to take time.

Good news on a deal.

Just listening to SportsCenter on ESPN, and they had their mandatory 30 second spot on hockey. Barry Melrose was talking about what the league was going to have to do to get the fans back. He said that hockey had the greatest fans and they always came back. After the previous lockouts, the fans came back bigger and better than ever.

I hate that mentality. That lack of regard for the fans shows just why both sides were content to let it go on as long as it did. I'm glad to have hockey back, but I have guarded optimism.

not going back for to the arena for at least the number of games the lockout lasted. I may be back for the 2015-2016 season.

Still blame Fehr more than Bettman...but both need to go after this disgrace.

Definitely Fehr's fault for imposing the lockout :facepalm: . I do agree that both should go after this. I think the league dumping Bettman would do more for getting back some fans than anything.

Good news on a deal getting done. I'll go to a handful of games this year and watch the rest on TV as opposed to being a STH. I'm not that fan that the league is counting on to take them back after they have beaten me daily for months. I don't fault anybody for forgiving them this and going back full strength. It's a personal choice for everybody.

The NHL owes us fans nothing. Have fun not supporting a good local team that spent money this off season and showed the fans that they are committed to winning. Are we all so quick to forget about that? You people are ridiculous. Just be glad we will see hockey this year!

Told my son the news and it was Christmas all over again....he is beyond excited to have his boys back. I have no time for hate and anger, I'm glad I held on to my tickets, I'm glad to go to games, see friends and the nice tailgating weather is not too far down the road. Go Canes! Go Checkers! Looking forward to some hockey today and beyond.

The NHL owes us fans nothing. Have fun not supporting a good local team that spent money this off season and showed the fans that they are committed to winning. Are we all so quick to forget about that? You people are ridiculous. Just be glad we will see hockey this year!

Amen! Ready for some Staal brothers, Semin, Skins and the Finn and lets see which young 'uns are ready to make the jump!!!

Told my son the news and it was Christmas all over again....he is beyond excited to have his boys back. I have no time for hate and anger, I'm glad I held on to my tickets, I'm glad to go to games, see friends and the nice tailgating weather is not too far down the road. Go Canes! Go Checkers! Looking forward to some hockey today and beyond.

Amen! Ready for some Staal brothers, Semin, Skins and the Finn and lets see which young 'uns are ready to make the jump!!!

Dadgum right. I'm ready to see Tlusty light it up with Staal 12. I'm beyond excited.

Also hope that we can get the board going again. I miss discussing GAMES.

Us small market fans have a LOT to be happy about with this deal...contract limits end the ridiculous deals that kept us from signing guys like Parise, etc; expansion of revenues sharing to 200 mil helps to keep our market healthy and a 10 year deal means it is gonna be a good long time before we even have to think about this garbage again...hopefully there will not be a Commissioner Bettman when this comes up again.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412844