The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

New CBA or Lockout? "All things CBA"

I propose that a forum moderator archive every thread mentioning CBA or lockout into a subforum so deep that it resembles the government warehouse shown at the end of the first Indiana Jones movie.

Say what you want about Donald Fehr but he sure got those players a much better deal and tons more job security than they've ever had. Gary Bettman might be the most hated commissioner in sports but he held the company line for as long as he could. And law-dawg is right, many of the issues ironed out will help keep our market viable and give us fans some piece of mind over the next 10 years.

The unfortunate thing is that all this played out in front of the public and the fans. Social media plays such a huge role in how fast we send, receive and process information and we've now seen first hand just how important the use of social has become in our society and how it can effect things both positively and negatively.

Congrats to the Canes players, owners and management for keeping quiet and staying loyal to their employees while this whole mess played itself out. I'm more than happy to support this team and see what having a good on ice product can do to rebuild the market. I'm most happy for all those non players and management folks that earn their living through Canes hockey and the arena, what a relief for them to get back to work.

Say what you want about Donald Fehr but he sure got those players a much better deal and tons more job security than they've ever had. Gary Bettman might be the most hated commissioner in sports but he held the company line for as long as he could. And law-dawg is right, many of the issues ironed out will help keep our market viable and give us fans some piece of mind over the next 10 years.

The unfortunate thing is that all this played out in front of the public and the fans. Social media plays such a huge role in how fast we send, receive and process information and we've now seen first hand just how important the use of social has become in our society and how it can effect things both positively and negatively.

Congrats to the Canes players, owners and management for keeping quiet and staying loyal to their employees while this whole mess played itself out. I'm more than happy to support this team and see what having a good on ice product can do to rebuild the market. I'm most happy for all those non players and management folks that earn their living through Canes hockey and the arena, what a relief for them to get back to work.

Both sides did their respective jobs, just think that cooler heads could have found the middle a whole lot sooner. Just happy to have the game back in Raleigh....now where are my grilling tongs and cooler?

I've been fairly critical of Fehr, but in the end, I'll give credit where credit is due. The man likely got the players the best deal possible.

I really hope that the fans of this organization can see fit to come back and support their team. This deal was certainly more friendly to the small markets than the last CBA.

Grill....check

Duck poppers.....check

Beer....check

Giant Flags......check

Car Flags......check

Car Magnets.....check

Hockey......Yeah Baby

Edited by coastal_caniac

About damn time. Could use watching some pro level hockey. Been stuck only seeing the minor hockey that I referee. Can't wait for things to get going again and will continue to pray that nothing bad happens between now and first puck drop.

I too was very happy to hear of a 10 year deal. I should be nice and old by the time the next CBA comes around. :)

Good Morning-NO REALLY a GOOD MORNING- LETS GO CANES!!! Took me all of 3 seconds to hit the "send" button on the email that says-" I NEED MY SEATS-yes I did request and get a refund however I am not above or to proud to say..."I want back in" and will be more than glad to drive the 2 hours pay for parking and sit in those seats and YELL-LETS GO CANES!!!and to top it of team USA just wins the GOLD woohoo-decided to head to the PNC arena for the game today-instead of going to work :thumbsup: can't wait-

I don't care who is was at fault. Time for Bettmen and Fehr to return to the shadows and stars to shine on the ice. Drop the puck.

Schedule for training camp and game to be released tomorrow.

The final act and down curtain. End Game.

Sooo much better than the nuclear option.

Sure they'll be grumbling, but just watch how fast we transition into talking HOCKEY!!!!!

And I'm off to see hockey now. Oh it's all good.

As I've mentioned before and will just this once again, the Canes get a pass from me because:

1. They spent and committed to this team for us this offseason.

2. They are a borderline market and needed reform.

3. They kept relatively quiet.

4. They let me and my daughter skate on their ice for free. (Okay, that one isn't big, but nice).

5. They did not kill the whole season.

6. They are going to give me my full food credit (actually I made that up, but hope)

7. I am a fanatic.

Really #1 and #7.

We're baaaaaaaack.

Edited by remkin

The final act and down curtain. End Game.

Sooo much better than the nuclear option.

Sure they'll be grumbling, but just watch how fast we transition into talking HOCKEY!!!!!

And I'm off to see hockey now. Oh it's all good.

As I've mentioned before and will just this once again, the Canes get a pass from me because:

1. They spent and committed to this team for us this offseason.

2. They are a borderline market and needed reform.

3. They kept relatively quiet.

4. They let me and my daughter skate on their ice for free. (Okay, that one isn't big, but nice).

5. They did not kill the whole season.

6. They are going to give me my full food credit (actually I made that up, but hope)

7. I am a fanatic.

Really #1 and #7.

We're baaaaaaaack.

YES !! For me it is # 1, # 3, and I would add #8--they continued to have non player

related activities ( the Chuck Christmas card, the summer fun fest, some charitable activities to--

try to keep fans involved, and continued to pay what personnel they could. I have no quarrel with

the Canes organization !)

GO CANES !!

I'm happy they finally came to an agreement, BUT it sort of feels that this whole farce had been pre-planned to reach this conclusion at the 11th hour.

I will be anxiously waiting to see the schedule tomorrow, because I'm now hoping that we start opening weekend on the road. My alternate plans for that weekend are already paid for and are non-refundable. I will be really peeved if I waited out the lockout without asking for a refund only to have to miss the opening game(s). I'm going to have to hope we get lucky a few other times, but at least all my other plans can possibly move to other dates.

L

pr2.gifI can't lie I am happy its over with. We got a 10 year (8 w/ option) deal so hopefully it will be a decade before its even thought about again. I won't be at any games this season (unless playoffs, then well all bets are off) but I can finally wear my jerseys that I spent money on last year. Two brand new jerseys sitting in my closet collecting dust. Yeah, it will take some time to heal, and I hope the NHL has something to offer the fans for our loyalty. Also... nothing on the carolina hurricanes home page, guess they are asleep behind the wheel :D

With that said:

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gifsmith4.gif

1zl92fn.gif30075yu908.gif163563561.gifbale1.gifsunny2a.giftumblr_lj3t79ToKm1qchk28.gif

I move to motion to lockout the lockout thread once we get dates and scheduling figured out, all favor say Aye:

Edited by Ichigo-1

From the team:

We’re excited to announce that National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association have reached an agreement on the framework of a new Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The ratification and approval process will begin promptly. While the League has not announced the start date of the season or the number of games each team will play, those details will be announced soon.

Our staff has been working diligently behind the scenes, so that we will be able to assess revised scheduling, etc. and provide you with the information you need to prepare for the start of the season in a timely manner once these details are released. We will plan to follow up to provide you with comprehensive details within 24 hours of the ratification of the new CBA and the official NHL schedule release.

Leading up to the beginning of the season, our staff will be available during extended hours to help answer any questions you may have. Beginning tomorrow, please feel free to reach us Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. by calling 1-866-NHL-CANES (1-866-645-2263).

We appreciate your continued support of the Carolina Hurricanes and look forward to seeing you at PNC Arena very soon!

Go Canes!

Kyle Prairie

Vice President, Ticket Sales

Carolina Hurricanes

Hey guys, first the good news, I assume you've heard. It looks like we'll be back at the PNC pretty soon, and I *am* looking forward to it, and to seeing what the Canes "do" for the ticket holders.

At the same time, I want to make a "statement" as to how I, as one of those ticket holders, feel about the entire mess. To that end, I will indeed still wear my jersey to all games ... but ... it will be inside out.

From the colors, even inside out, it'll still be clear I'm a Hurricanes supporter. From not displaying the names and/or numbers of the players, I'm making a statement of disrespect to them, just as they have shown some disrespect to the fans, and from not displaying the team crest, I'm making a statement of disrespect to the ownership.

If you think this is a good idea for you as well, join me. If you join me, and you get asked why, tell 'em exactly why.

Let's see if we can get, for even ONE game, a statement created by a pile of inside out jerseys sitting in the stands and walking the parking lots and concourses.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the PNC soon.

Look, I'm happy hockey is back.

But don't call me names or attribute things to me (us) for being angry. As I said, I'll be going, but it is going to take time to forgive.

Forgive ME if this ticks some of you off.

My self imposed boycott of this board perhaps didn't give me time to vent. Forgive my venting. I guess a lot of you are already vented. (Haven't read any posts since September.)

Look, I'm happy hockey is back.

But don't call me names or attribute things to me (us) for being angry. As I said, I'll be going, but it is going to take time to forgive.

Forgive ME if this ticks some of you off.

My self imposed boycott of this board perhaps didn't give me time to vent. Forgive my venting. I guess a lot of you are already vented. (Haven't read any posts since September.)

We're glad you're back :)

I think you're right and those that have stuck around through this mess have had lots of time to vent or voice their opinions with each other for months now. We're all just going to have to have a little patience with each other until the new season settles in and the lock out gets put in the rear view mirror. We all have our own views and opinions on who was to blame, how things should have gone and how to get past it so we'll leave the CBA thread open for those who want to have their say whether they've been around, took some time away or are new to the board.

Hopefully we'll all find away to move forward and enjoy the 2013 NHL season. Its time to get excited about the team that was put together last summer.

Luke DeCock‏@LukeDeCock Canes among teams pushing hard for Columbus-Winnipeg division swap, which is still on the table.

Yes, please! IF this move is made, wonder if it would be just for the '13 season, or indefinitely.

Edited by wredward