The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

New CBA or Lockout? "All things CBA"

I actually started following basketball, something I thought I'd NEVER do.  #

I started following NBA's Charlotte Bobcats... A team which can't but disappoint from time to time. Still can't believe NHL hockey and sleepless nights are back.

Edited by aRyazanCaniac

I started following NBA's Charlotte Bobcats... A team which can't but disappoint from time to time. Still can't believe NHL hockey and sleepless nights are back.

Very Excited to watch some real hockey. Go Canes....

What does it take to get this thing to 150 pages?

Hmmm?

What does it take?

I'm just asking here.

Perhaps, just perhaps a really long, completely empty post?

There is of course no knowing for sure until such a post is actually posted.

At which time one can look back and see....

Did we go to the 150th page?

Or did we not?

I'm going to predict we did. Mostly because I like predicting things.

Anyway. Not a lot of interest in this line of talk so I'll just post this and see.

blah2.gifblah2.gifblah2.gifblah2.gifblah2.gifblah2.gif

Just wanted to see how 6 of those would look.

Not trying to say anything.

OK, is this post long enough yet?

Edit:

Jees....

Turns out it wasn't long enough.

No one's every accused me of not being long enough.

I mean my posts. What did you think I meant?

So TSA wanted this to go to 150 pages.

But it just did not seem to ever get there.

How about some more of those little emoticon things?

wheelchair.gif

Why that one? I hardly ever see it and it was getting lonely.

boxing.gif

Now that one would be pretty cool if it were 3D.

Little gloves coming out at you.

OK< long enough yet?

Edit edit:

Oh come on!!!

Now I'm really sorry I started this in the first place..

But I'm committed and

Have

to

see

it

through!

OK, how about now?

edit edit edit

Clearly I underestimated this thing.

There

was

way

too

much

space

at

the

end

to

ever

think

I

could

long

enough

to

move

the

dial

to

edit edit edit edit

Wow.

This thing

Really had a LOT

More room that I thought.

Kind of embarrassing at this point.

And yet, how can i

stop now?

Got

to

get

to

150!

Oh the heck with it.

Someone else can do it.

Edited by remkin

remkin, careful there, buddy. You may find more bugs in the board and it blows up again!

How about now: 150???

Oh, COME ON!!!facepalm.gif

Edited by remkin

The board of Governors vote tomorrow on ratification of the CBA. The players probable vote electronically on Thursday and Friday. I don't care how many pages this thread is when we can finally put an end to this CBA madness and close this topic.

Maybe this will push it over the top.

Seriously though for a moment - how does hockey avoid going through this again in 8 to 10 years? What are both sides doing to keep history from repeating itself? If both sides want to put out there a sign of good faith (rainbow to Noah) then why not add some provision for dispute resolution? Promising that the next agreement both sides will take part in daily mediation three months prior to expiration and binding arbitration a month prior on any unresolved issues would be a step in a positive direction. No more stoppages in play. Would appease some of the sponsors too. Just a thought.

No...but this might!

BWA HA HA HA!

I called Nashville and LA this morning...looks like they'll have the plush mascots in by next week...just in time to ship to me overseas!!!

Bump for 150

Geesh, the 150 pages goal was a joke.:facepalm:

Wait till the new CBA has been voted on and approved by the PA and the owners. Why the Board of Gov's and players can't get it done before Friday is beyond me. I guess it took the 113 days for them to agree on anything so another few days shouldn't surprise anyone.

Geesh, the 150 pages goal was a joke.:facepalm:

Wait till the new CBA has been voted on and approved by the PA and the owners. Why the Board of Gov's and players can't get it done before Friday is beyond me. I guess it took the 113 days for them to agree on anything so another few days shouldn't surprise anyone.

Arguing over the font set and size. ARIAL, NO TIMES NEW ROMAN! GOTHIC OR WE ARE SHUTTING THIS WHOLE THING DOWN!

Arguing over the font set and size. ARIAL, NO TIMES NEW ROMAN! GOTHIC OR WE ARE SHUTTING THIS WHOLE THING DOWN!

Don't even.......

And just to drive you guys who want this thread shut down crazy: :P

It was Way Too Long and Too Ugly but Gary Bettman's Lockout Delivered a Better Deal for the Owners - YahooSports

If fans had their way, Gary Bettman would be gone. Short of that, he would never award the Stanley Cup again. Following his third lockout as commissioner of the National Hockey League, they don't want another chance to boo him. They would rather not see another of his fingerprints left on what they consider sacred.

But if the lockout has reminded us of anything, it's that it doesn't matter what fans think of Bettman. It matters what the owners think. And so, when the NHL's board of governors ratifies the new collective bargaining agreement Wednesday in New York, it would be fascinating to hear the feedback Bettman gets from his bosses behind closed doors. If only we could.

Read on...

If anyone is interested---go to NHL.com and listened to Bettman's

apology. First time I have heard him not sound arrogant.

Now tell me why the players don't start to ratify until Friday/Sat.

What happened to tomorrow?

Now millions of fans wait while less than 800 pieces of the problem(sorry, players rather than pieces) take their time to say it alright? Use the internet to vote! Takes less time to put on your gloves.

Now millions of fans wait while less than 800 pieces of the problem(sorry, players rather than pieces) take their time to say it alright? Use the internet to vote! Takes less time to put on your gloves.

They are voting using the interwebs Friday and Saturday.

Still think they could start Thurs-----get 361 votes (of 720) and it's ratified.

Why skip a voting day. That could have been one more day of training camp.

--------but Oh, guess we don't need much training camp after being off 8 Momths !

Still think they could start Thurs-----get 361 votes (of 720) and it's ratified.

Why skip a voting day. That could have been one more day of training camp.

--------but Oh, guess we don't need much training camp after being off 8 Momths !

None of this makes Jan 19th come any faster which is what I think everyone wants.

I was making fun of the time it takes the members and leadership of the NHLPA to make decisions, get a drink of water, take a lunch, etc....not the method for collecting the responses. Maybe if I had used :sarcasm: I would have avoided the auto correct kicking in.

We should know the results of the NHLPA shortly after 8am Saturday. Nightmare is almost officially over.