The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
go_canes_go

Canes going after Rick Nash?

I would have to think that if we were ever going to be on his list we'd be on it already. Why would what we offer Columbus change what Nash thinks? If for say we get stoned and offer Skinner for Nash....what does Nash care?

If we're not on his list I don't see it changing and for a guy who wants to play hockey and put it down at the end of the day he sure did pick the biggest hockey markets in the US.

I would have to think that if we were ever going to be on his list we'd be on it already. Why would what we offer Columbus change what Nash thinks? If for say we get stoned and offer Skinner for Nash....what does Nash care?

If we're not on his list I don't see it changing and for a guy who wants to play hockey and put it down at the end of the day he sure did pick the biggest hockey markets in the US.

This is kind of why everyone is confused. I guess he's thinking anything not in Canada is would be easier, but he also wants to win now.. So he's balancing his two desires of wanting to win, but not wanting to be in media madhouse.

Sadly, if moved to somewhere like Philly or New York, I think he's going to find out there's not that much difference, at all.

There's a huge difference from a media stand point...

Hm.. I suppose you're right. Places like Philly, New York and Boston have not only hockey, but football, baseball and basketball. Where as Canadian markets really only focus on hockey

There might be a huge difference but it still sucks.

My friend's dad managed a walgreens near the NJ NY border and occasionally someone from the Knicks would come in. In order to not be disturbed he wore a scarf, sunglasses and a trenchcoat with hat.

Not really living.

Lololol, Howson is now sayin he wants NHL ready forwards.

Opinions from fans and others seems to be that Howson has been hitting the pipe to much.

No teams on Nash list are going to give up multiple NHL ready forwards to get one player.

Lololol, Howson is now sayin he wants NHL ready forwards.

Opinions from fans and others seems to be that Howson has been hitting the pipe to much.

No teams on Nash list are going to give up multiple NHL ready forwards to get one player.

JUSSI JOKINEN

CHAD LAROSE

Terry or Dalpe

and our 1st round pick next year

and our 2nd round pick in 2014

for NASH

Giving up to little here? or just the opposite?

Side note: The Nash "list" might not be as firm as some would have you believe.

Edited by Greg-N-Ral

JUSSI JOKINEN

CHAD LAROSE

CHRIS TERRY

and our 1st round pick next year

for NASH

Giving up to little here? or just the opposite?

Side note: The Nash "list" might not be as firm as some would have you believe.

I like your trade proposal overall,but I don't think Rosie is gonna be traded. He's a vital player in JR eyes and he has said so. Otherwise he, (Larose) wouldv'e been gone years ago as an UFA. I think your right about Nash's list too. I would swap Terry for Dalpe, that would make more sense as far as value in the trade for CLB too.

To CLB: Jussi Jokinen

Zac Dalpe

2013 1st

2013 2nd

To CAR: Rick Nash

Edited by shauniac79

I like your trade proposal overall,but I don't think Rosie is gonna be traded. He's a vital player in JR eyes and he has said so. Otherwise he, (Larose) wouldv'e been gone years ago as an UFA. I think your right about Nash's list too. I would swap Terry for Dalpe, that would make more sense as far as value in the trade for CLB too.

Zac Dalpe

2013 1st

I still feel like ( if possible ) signing a player like Shane Doan would be the better option because he is the type of player the Muller hockey is all about. Physical ( big hitter ),great hockey sense, scores a bit, and isn't afraid to mix it up as far as fighting. He's got all the leadership intangibles and has been in the trenches of the playoffs, he just hasn't got that elusive first cup ring because of where he's played his entire career. It stinks cause if he signs somewhere, I know.. it won't be here. It would be great to have him here, even at the ripe age of 35! Our first line would be a tough one to play against, no doubt about it!

Zac Dalpe

2013 1st

It's going to take more than that. Probably another 1st and second round pick.

It's going to take more than that. Probably another 1st and second round pick.

Might have to throw in Stewart and/or Tlusty

Howsen wants skinner, and of course he isnt moving, so unless, howsens lowers demands, nash is a blue jacket

Howsen wants skinner, and of course he isnt moving, so unless, howsens lowers demands, nash is a blue jacket

...more appropriately, he will NOT be a Cane.