The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
one-timer

Joe Corvo Re-Signed

Just in Joe Corvo re-signed. Not exactly the big bodied defenseman we were expecting. :(

Hopefully this is to complete a trade. The price is good I will say that. For $2 Million if he turns into Trevor Letowski I could stomach it.

"Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has agreed to terms with defenseman Joe Corvo on a one-year contract. The deal will pay Corvo $2 million for the 2012-13 season.

“Joe and his family call Raleigh home, and he has had some of his best seasons while playing here,” said Rutherford. “We are pleased to welcome him back and to add his veteran presence to our blue line.”

Edited by one-timer

Ugh, not exactly the Dman we were all hoping for and now that's 2 mil less to work with.

*nothing personal against Joe.

<br>Go ahead, freak out.<br>

Is this just a filler for Murphy's future spot? Not sure what to make of this yet. ;Hopefully this is not the only move on defense.

Edited by acheskis

I think that we could have done better. This is his 3rd time back with us. I say trade for Spacek and Allen for Suter from Nashville.

Apparently so. Boston was a tough place for him, guess he realizes the grass isn't greener.[/i

any of the major NHL markets - NY, Boston, Toronto, etc. - are tough places to play] the media is on the players as white on rice

I cannot stress enough how much i'm against this. Although i'd bet money Allen was probably asking for too much, and in general i like corvo, but the hurricanes just took the easy way out. I thought after the new faces the past 7 months the days of recycling players were over. If we go into the season with joni and corvo on the same team, i will not be a happy camper

Just in Joe Corvo re-signed. Not exactly the big bodied defenseman we were expecting. :(

Hopefully this is to complete a trade. The price is good I will say that. For $2 Million if he turns into Trevor Letowski I could stomach it.

"Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team has agreed to terms with defenseman Joe Corvo on a one-year contract. The deal will pay Corvo $2 million for the 2012-13 season.

“Joe and his family call Raleigh home, and he has had some of his best seasons while playing here,” said Rutherford. “We are pleased to welcome him back and to add his veteran presence to our blue line.”

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Food for thought....

By re-signing Corvo at 1yr and 2 mil, Joni is now pretty expendable since they play a similar role. If Joni is part of some trade, JR just saved 2.5 mil for this season and bought back a year from Pitkenen's contract @ 4.5mil. Corvo played well here and Muller had his say in this, If this is the plan I can understand the reasoning.

Lets hope there's more coming...

Food for thought....

By re-signing Corvo at 1yr and 2 mil, Joni is now pretty expendable since they play a similar role. If Joni is part of some trade, JR just saved 2.5 mil for this season and bought back a year from Pitkenen's contract @ 4.5mil. Corvo played well here and Muller had his say in this, If this is the plan I can understand the reasoning.

I agree and the thought had occured to me as well. If this in fact is the case, it will be good for all.

We could throw in a bag of newish pucks?

:sarcasm:

Nothing personal against Joe, but A) didn't he ask to be traded last time he was here? and B) The only way I see him fitting in is in the event that we don't sign any FA and have to trade some D (seems likely).

Hmm. Well, I guess we can give him a little slack until hes on the ice. I still don't like it much.

edit: Didn't even realize it was only a one year deal so it can't be too bad.

Edited by Ichigo-1

WOW TSN analyst just commenting on the Hurricanes: "... believe they can sign Parise AND R Suter OR they think they can get Nash."

:groupwave:

It may just be publicity BUT when you look at Cap room we got a lot if we do something unusual for us and spend up.

Is it ok just to Dream?

Food for thought....

After my long hiatus, (The Miami Marlins have had an exciting 2012 so far) I am back and ready to talk some hockey.

I like this signing, especially if the above is true. Corvo did play well here and it can possibly give us more room to work. His feelings about the franchise a couple years ago is irrelevant. Alot has changed since that time.