The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Vanucks91

Hello from Vancouver

Hello Canes fans =). As you can probably tell from my name I'm first and foremost a Canucks fan. However, I'm also a big Jordan Staal fan and ...well...he's a Cane now. I should also mention that I've had a soft spot for the Hurricanes since the lockout so I'm happy he went to a team I actually like. :)

Before working up the courage to actually introduce myself I took a peek at the SCF 2011 thread to make sure I wasn't about to get ripped apart for showing my face here so hopefully my analysis of the attitude toward the Canucks isn't too off.

My previous run-ins with Carolina fans have always been positive and I've found most Canes fans to be courteous and very knowledgeable not just about their team but hockey in general. I hope to have some good discussions with you guys in the coming months.

Welcome to the board. We have many Caniacs who hold a loyalty to more then one team. Nature of the beast in this market. I won't always agree with you especially when the Canes and Nucks play but another point of view is always welcome by me. Be careful because before long you will be a full-fledged Caniac. That is also the nature of the beast in this market.:D

Thanks for the welcome guys. Is there a waiting period for new topics on this board?

Boy you get around, and don't worry you wont see many who hate the Canucks as much as I do. I don't know what I will do with my loLuongo thread when he is traded though.

Hello, and welcome! I'm not aware of any Vancouver Canucks fan on this chat board. You are a one of a kind here!

Any particular reason why you are a fan of Jordan Staal?

Welcome, its a fun group, and they know their hockey in here, they type better than me too :) dinz

Boy you get around, and don't worry you wont see many who hate the Canucks as much as I do. I don't know what I will do with my loLuongo thread when he is traded though.

Its pretty obvious you've not come here to talk hockey with the Canes fans so perhaps its time you move on. ;)

Welcome Vanucks91, happy to have you join us here. The Canucks board members were very helpful when I needed some info about Vancouver, I think you'll find most here just as friendly as I did on the Canucks board.

Hello, and welcome! I'm not aware of any Vancouver Canucks fan on this chat board. You are a one of a kind here!

Welcome to you too Mercury-VII, maybe you could introduce yourself in your own thread and let us know what brought you to our board :)

Always had a thing for the Staal boys (don't know why Jordan stuck out) and (though some Pens fans will surely disagree with me) I like Jordan's style of play and I think he's just one of those likeable, hard working guys.

Could say the same for you :)

I have a few posts on the Toronto, Philly, Montreal and I guess now this one. Nothing near the amount I am on the Penguins one. I mean I do only like one team.

I have a few posts on the Toronto, Philly, Montreal and I guess now this one. Nothing near the amount I am on the Penguins one. I mean I do only like one team.

There are plenty of teams I like, there's only one team I love. There is nothing wrong with not hating the rest I the league. Like I said, there are still guys on the Pens roster I like, but Staal was a big reason I followed them. Now that he is here, I will be paying more attention here than I did before.

There are plenty of teams I like, there's only one team I love. There is nothing wrong with not hating the rest I the league. Like I said, there are still guys on the Pens roster I like, but Staal was a big reason I followed them. Now that he is here, I will be paying more attention here than I did before.

Well you are welcome here! We just don't like being called a "Southern expansion team that will never work" "Not a hockey town" or "Just waiting to be relocated to a real hockey market" .... we don't hate (except maybe the Sabres with good reason) and if you come down you are likely to be offered pulled pork in the car park while your kids play with ours and the beers before are offered with the offer of more later win or lose. Its our version of that hate-term "Southern Hockey" and it really is who we are and we're kinda proud of it :-)

We've also been known to be fairly good on the ice from time to time ......