The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Greg-N-Ral

All inclusive goalie discussion

I'm in no way suggesting or implying it will or should happen any time soon, nor am I suggesting the team getting Ward would need/or want him right now, all that said...

If the Canes moved Wardo what do you guys realistically think we'd get in a 1-1 trade?

Examples:

1) Rick Nash for Ward?

2) Alex-O?

3) Anze Kopitar?

4) perhaps more like a Joffrey Lupul?

5) less than a Lupul-ish like talent?

Appreciate your insights!

Greg

Wouldn't trade him for any of those.

Talk about the holes we already have ? If you were going to ever trade him---it would have to

be for another netminder. Forget forwards !

Maybe two Ovechkins... Cam Ward wins us more games than the best forwards in the league win for their respective teams. Without Ward we are nothing...

I'm in no way suggesting or implying it will or should happen any time soon, nor am I suggesting the team getting Ward would need/or want him right now, all that said...

If the Canes moved Wardo what do you guys realistically think we'd get in a 1-1 trade?

Examples:

1) Rick Nash for Ward?

2) Alex-O?

3) Anze Kopitar?

4) perhaps more like a Joffrey Lupul?

5) less than a Lupul-ish like talent?

Appreciate your insights!

Greg

Administrators. Please delete or lock this thread. BTW, how is Greg a Full Member with 45 posts while I remain a Rookie with 430 posts?

Administrators. Please delete or lock this thread.

No, please don't shut this down. It usually takes until about Thanksgiving before we get into the "Cam is average at best" or "Cam is over rated" talk.

Administrators. Please delete or lock this thread. BTW, how is Greg a Full Member with 45 posts while I remain a Rookie with 430 posts?

No he's still a "Draft Pick" and your a "Rookie".

No, please don't shut this down. It usually takes until about Thanksgiving before we get into the "Cam is average at best" or "Cam is over rated" talk.

Who said anything about Cam being "average"... in fact, I think a guy named Wayne Douglas Gretzky got traded.

I was never suggesting we trade Ward, just curious what he might be worth.... chill.

I really don't feel that Cam is a top 10 goalie anymore. At one point I did but not anymore. I can't get past the fact that he ALWAYS lets in a softie. Game after game it almost never fails. I'm not sure what is going on here but I think not having a backup to play 20 or so games really hurts the guy.

I think Wardo will be a top 3 or 4 goalie again when he has a good team in front of him. Its been a while. He feeds off positive energy and good players. He has been medioaker for 3 years but i say his best is still in front of him as long as we give him something to play for.

Maybe two Ovechkins... Cam Ward wins us more games than the best forwards in the league win for their respective teams. Without Ward we are nothing...

JB, are you Howson?

Edited by wxray1

Cam would have better numbers if he weren't facing what seems like 100 shots per game.

Not to mention the huge amount of almost unchallenged traffic in his crease and oddman rushes...

JB, are you Howson?

Two Ovechkins AND a Jeff Skinner.

I for one would love to see what Dan Ellis (NHL lifetime 2.68 GAA) could do with back-to-back starts starting Thursday night against Buffalo.

Cam's save% is LESS THAN 79% this season and while he's not totally to blame for all the goals he's allowed, he certainly has not been doing us any favors in goal.

We all know what Cam can do when he's HOT (circa 2006), but thinking Cam is an ELITE TOP-5 NHL goalie is just not grounded in facts. Cam's lifetime GAA is 2.75 (vs. Ellis' 2.68).

Ellis will get one start as he should. Let's not hit the panic button with Cam yet...he got a piece of the deflection goal and Sanguinetti just let that dude skate right up to the crease, he was horribly screened on the 3rd goal and likely never even saw that shot and the 4th he made a good stop on one side and was laid out with no help on the opposite side. Defense needs to pick it up a thousand percent and Harrison and Gleason need to start punishing the opposition.

Cam's save% is LESS THAN 79% this season and while he's not totally to blame for all the goals he's allowed, he certainly has not been doing us any favors in goal.

TWO GAMES PEOPLE. TWO GAMES.

But let's stick with the two games theme, since it's the cool thing to do.

Did you know that Patrick Dwyer is on pace to score 24 goals this year? With a career high of 8 (and that was an 82 season game!), this is the best year of his career for sure.

Cam can't bail us out anymore...Sanguinetti and Pitkanen's sloppy play aren't helping either...but yah, I'd love to see what Ellis has between the pipes for us. I say let him start the home game tomorrow and give Cam the start on Friday.