The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Greg-N-Ral

All inclusive goalie discussion

I stand corrected....

"This thread is for the open minded Canes fan that like to look at 2013-14 goalie stats and facts!"

So, I guess AHL stats are technically in scope...   but come on boys, lets stay in the NHL.    

Edited by Greg-N-Ral

You stand corrected again...unless it's a another Greg-N-Ral that started this thread entitled:

THE ALL INCLUSIVE GREAT GOALIE DISCUSSION (I'm getting good at this bold stuff).

So, technically, your full of it. ;)

Carry on, please. :popcorn:

Man Peters SV% this year in the NHL is 00.00 this guy does not belong in the NHL!

Bolded numbers don't lie!

Edited by legend-1

Cam Ward stats--1 Stanley cup win

--- 1 playoff series since 05-06

------& 7 very early tees times the day after the end of the regular seasons!! :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Cam Ward stats--1 Stanley cup win

--- 1 playoff series since 05-06

------& 7 very early tees times the day after the end of the regular seasons!! :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't those stats also apply to the rest of the team.  I didn't notice Eric Staal or Tim Gleason playing in another playoff series either.  My guess is that they also had those tee times you mention.

If I'm wrong than Cam Ward earned that Stanley Cup win and 09 playoff series all by himself. ;)

In Greg's thread, and in Greg's world, what he mean's by "opened minded Canes fan" is any Canes fan that thinks like him.  By "stats don't lie" he means that numbers that support his narrow view are factual and numbers that do not are excuses.  Things like Stanley Cup wins and game 7 playoff wins don't factor in.  Those are team achievements.  Only losses are solely on the goalie.

Poor old nhl goalies. The experts are always saying how without good goal tending you won't make the playoffs. Without good goal tending you won't go far once you get in the playoffs. Weekes, Irbe, Wardo Peters, and the rest are not soley responsuble for this teams failures or achievements. You WIN and LOSE as a team the whole season and playoffs too if you get there.

At what point do we hold Ward and his 6.7M salary accountable? One more bad season and JR should consider unloading him.

Fine, what do you want to do with the contract?  It's easy to say "do something", but what? 

I think it's great when people have these great ideas with no idea of how to do anything about the situation.  This isn't fantasy hockey.

Actually, I think they were doing something before Khudo was hurt.  Splitting time is a huge change in mind set for this team. 

Edited by super_dave_1

Cam was pretty accountable last night. .944 save % despite a first period shoot o rama from the best team in the league. 

Look. Cam is finally playing behind a fairly responsible defense overall. So I will give the bashers this. If the defense stays solid and Cam stays healthy, this will be a fair year to judge him. 

So let's let the year play out at least a little! 

I only ask this. If Cam plays well, will you admit it? I kind of doubt it, since even his 2010-11 wasn't good enough. 

OK. I'm done with this thread for a while.

As Coastal says:

Carry on.  :popcorn:

I only ask this. If Cam plays well, will you admit it? I kind of doubt it, since even his 2010-11 wasn't good enough. 

Probably not.

z117.gif

Edited by coastal_caniac

I will admit it. However, if you make 6.7m/year you better bring your A game on close to a nightly basis, Every game where Cam starts I wonder what Ward will show up. The one that lets in 5 goals or the show stopper.

Cam was pretty accountable last night. .944 save % despite a first period shoot o rama from the best team in the league. 

Look. Cam is finally playing behind a fairly responsible defense overall. So I will give the bashers this. If the defense stays solid and Cam stays healthy, this will be a fair year to judge him. 

So let's let the year play out at least a little! 

OK. I'm done with this thread for a while.

As Coastal says:

Carry on.  :popcorn:

My problem with this is, we have given him many years in the past seasons, when will it stop? Many teams and players know his weaknesses and  there are a lot of goals to the top of the net on him that cost the rest of the team. Yes I do understand that Its All about the TEAM but it just doesn't seem like the team has very much confidence in Cam. Believe me I wish he was  a elite goalie but he past record/stats with this team just don't earn what he is being paid. Cam has been the #1 goalie (Canes) for many seasons and where are we? Just want whats best for the team and their fans & winning would surely help!

We have a contest going on to predict things by game 25. Here is what I am doing. I am swearing off the Cam Ward debate until then. Far be it from me to try to convince anyone else to do that, but that's just me. 

If Cam plays particularly well or badly I might put some thoughts in a game day thread, but no where else.

Anyone, pro or con, if interested can remind me after Nov. 29 and if Cam is not playing well I'll admit it. 

Now here's my question. What would be good enough on that date for everyone to agree if he IS playing to his contract? 

What save %? What ranking of save %? What minimum number of games? What would be acceptable? Just asking.

Anyway until then.... :popcorn: .

Here's another stat for you to chew on. Canes are currently 23rd out of 30 teams in average shots against a game.

I would sure like to make million's of dollars to have to try and  stop 35  or so pucks a nite / 82 times/games a year..and not be held accountable!!

HECK THATS TASING PRETTY DARN GOOD TO ME!!

The Cam Ward Zombie Attack Force really needs some new material.  But, after all, you are zombies.  Might be a good idea to post some guards around the island.

Carry On :popcorn:

Edited by coastal_caniac

From wiki:

"There are two types of zombies, slow moving and fast moving. The slow moving zombies seem to be able to walk on the bottom of slow moving bodies of water such as oceans and lakes (see land of the dead). The fast moving zombies tend to thrash around and fail to swim in water, making water travel impossible (see dead set). Therefore it is best to be prepared for slow moving zombies by watching shore lines, where they might surface and attack. If a zombie apocalypse occurred and you were in charge of ensuring safety, keep in mind the pools, lakes, oceans, etc. you might need fishing nets and such to get rid of them."

From wiki:

"There are two types of zombies, slow moving and fast moving. The slow moving zombies seem to be able to walk on the bottom of slow moving bodies of water such as oceans and lakes (see land of the dead). The fast moving zombies tend to thrash around and fail to swim in water, making water travel impossible (see dead set). Therefore it is best to be prepared for slow moving zombies by watching shore lines, where they might surface and attack. If a zombie apocalypse occurred and you were in charge of ensuring safety, keep in mind the pools, lakes, oceans, etc. you might need fishing nets and such to get rid of them."

You have got to be kidding me! Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.  I never knew that. This is not good news. But then they'd have to know where the Island is and it doesn't sound like they do. So there's that.

You have got to be kidding me! Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.  I never knew that. This is not good news. But then they'd have to know where the Island is and it doesn't sound like they do. So there's that.

Well, with all the thrashing around and failing to get anywhere -- they must be the fast moving kind. No worries at all.

SO just because several of us have a differing opinion than your own we are labeled? These boards all of a sudden feels like someone who posts a conservative idea/belief on Reddit.com.

SO just because several of us have a differing opinion than your own we are labeled? These boards all of a sudden feels like someone who posts a conservative idea/belief on Reddit.com.

Yeah if you aren't one of the Happy Happy  Joy,Joy " Camafan" on here you get blasted more than we blast Cam, but to me its worth still having my B**LS and not jumpin on the Camwagon!!  Welcome to the Camaphobia bandwagon!! :thumbsup:  :rockon:  :woohoo:  :yahoo: