The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
coastal_caniac

Katherine Fritsch ends her reign as the Cane's anthem singer

Somewhat OT but JR just broke the news via his Twitter account:

Thanks to Katherine Fritsch for the great job as our anthem singer. You'll be missed as you concentrate on other endeavors.

Thanks to Katherine Fritsch for the great job as our anthem singer. You'll be missed as you concentrate on other endeavors.

Trade in the works?

Edited by jb_online

Trade in the works?

I say we send Ronnie, Glen, Cory, and Roddie to talk Karen Tullos out of retirement. Love little KK, but Karen was the best. Sang the Anthem straight up and with dignity...unlike some of the Mariah Carey wannabe's around the league.

Edited by Fantum

Maybe Fritsch is being promoted to first line winger.

You know....LIKE SEMIN....HINT HINT HINT.

I know, JR....Rocket Science.

I wondered when school and other activities would finally catch up with her. Its a pretty big commitment to be at the arena all those evenings, many of them being on school nights. She was a unique talent at such a young age, it would be fun if they can find another young kid to replace here but if they can't there's a lot of musical talent right here in the Raleigh area that can be tapped.

Hopefully this will also be another step towards eliminating all the name yelling during the anthem. Katherine's rendition was very predictable for the screamers.

posts moved from the off season thread

It has been a pleasue to watch her transition from a little girl to now a young woman. Wish the absolute best for her in life. Wonder if any members of the Storm Squad can sing.

When I would go to a game and she didn't sing, it just didn't seem right. Hate it that she is not singing N-A anymore. She/her voice would always put a smile on your face!!

When I would go to a game and she didn't sing, it just didn't seem right. Hate it that she is not singing N-A anymore. She/her voice would always put a smile on your face!!

Yes! That little smile at the end with the wave and those pink cowboy boots... how could you not love that?

Well, I wonder how they are going to do this now - do they have different people take part through-out the season or find one person?

Aw, too bad she's not going to be a regular. She was great! But things change and we move on.

Not sure what the organization will do. Rotate? Find someone new? We'll see.

This might also be a good time to upset a few other "traditions". What with all the changes on the team this year, might be time to sweep in some new stuff and retire some tired stuff.

It may be heresy, but I think this would be a good time to retire "Woooo!"

Aw, too bad she's not going to be a regular. She was great! But things change and we move on.

Not sure what the organization will do. Rotate? Find someone new? We'll see.

This might also be a good time to upset a few other "traditions". What with all the changes on the team this year, might be time to sweep in some new stuff and retire some tired stuff.

It may be heresy, but I think this would be a good time to retire "Woooo!"

Yes, xray, heresy. NEVER do away with the Woooo. It's a fundamental part of the Caniac Nation.

Yes, xray, heresy. NEVER do away with the Woooo. It's a fundamental part of the Caniac Nation.

The woo stays, its classic and it gives opponents nightmares afterwards. The goal "song" thing though... whatever it is they want to call it is really obnoxious. We also have a lack of originality with our in game chants... The anthem will go on, I am sure they will find someone suitable to do it.

The "Woooooo" must go on! That and the goal horn together are awesome!

It'll be interesting to see what they do for a new singer. We've been pretty fortunate to have three really good ones, Karen, Holly and Katherine, since the team moved to Raleigh. I've not been too impressed by the stand ins we have every now and then, but I'm sure that they will find someone who will do a great job.