The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
stephenk24

British Caniac here!

Hey guys,

I finally discovered this board after being a caniac since 2004. I am British and became a fan after watching us play on tv, I was 9 I think and I just really liked the sport and took to the Hurricanes, mainly because our uni's were so cool. (I was 9 lol)...

I loved every minute of our cup run, but wish we could have returned to the glory days in the past years....

This season should be a cracker though, some great new signings... I have hope for the future!!

Go Canes!!!

Stephen

Welcome to the board Stephen. Lets hope we can make a run for the cup this year. I look forward to seeing your posts.

That is a pretty awesome avatar you sport there.

We have had some fans from the UK post here before btw. It seems we have more of a international fanbase than we might realize.

1348606513[/url]' post='368138']

Hey Stephen. Fear not, you're not the only British Caniac, I am also. Who is your British team? I'm a Fife Flyers fan.

I'm a Romford Raiders fan, although I don't see many games. I was a big London Racers fan, but they folded.

Yes, it's 4 am, that's why I like afternoon games which aren't numerous this season. So you watch replays then? :)

Edited by aRyazanCaniac

Yes. I used to watch NHL on ESPN but they lost the rights in the Uk. So now I have gamecenter. I watch the weekend games live and the midweek games after school the day after (unless they are blacked out). This is the first year I have been able to watch more than 5 canes games! After following the canes for 8 years, this is a total breath lf fresh air for me. Because ESPN only showed canes games a few times a year. So I am a happy bunny, I hate watching highlights. I love full games! I feel far more like a real fan! But I couldn't do anything about it before because I was too young to use the Internet to get streams and couldn't afford gamecenter...

I got what you mean. I have gamecenter, too. Thank God it isn't too expensive this year. The lockout brought some bonuses. But none of the games are blacked out for me. That's the only advantage of living in Russia. Glad to have you in the community!

Yes. I used to watch NHL on ESPN but they lost the rights in the Uk. So now I have gamecenter. I watch the weekend games live and the midweek games after school the day after (unless they are blacked out). This is the first year I have been able to watch more than 5 canes games! After following the canes for 8 years, this is a total breath lf fresh air for me. Because ESPN only showed canes games a few times a year. So I am a happy bunny, I hate watching highlights. I love full games! I feel far more like a real fan! But I couldn't do anything about it before because I was too young to use the Internet to get streams and couldn't afford gamecenter...

No fears, you and aRyaz are super real fans, your dedication is awesome!

:groupwave:

No fears, you and aRyaz are super real fans, your dedication is awesome!

I like how that abbreviation aRyaz sounds. Just like a cool name of some rapper or something like that. B) Thanks, man. Anyway, Carolina Hurricanes unite nations. That's an international thing! :thumbsup:

The Hurricanes certainly do unite nations! I just wish I had found this forum long ago, I felt really isolated as an NHL fan here as it isn't at all popular from what my eyes tell me. Now I can chat canes with caniacs!

I wouldn't quite say "super real fan", because all I do is keep up with my team in the only way I can. The Hurricanes were the first ever sports team I fell in love with back in 2004, so I am so used to having to follow teams in that play matches in the early hours of the morning. I don't really follow sports over here, I follow the Packers, Dodgers, Heat and Volunteers avidly too, with almost every minute of my free time. Its normal for me to stay up till 4:00am watching sports on Friday and Saturday night all year round and almost every day during holidays. I have never known anything different... If that makes sense.

The Hurricanes certainly do unite nations! I just wish I had found this forum long ago, I felt really isolated as an NHL fan here as it isn't at all popular from what my eyes tell me. Now I can chat canes with caniacs!

I wouldn't quite say "super real fan", because all I do is keep up with my team in the only way I can. The Hurricanes were the first ever sports team I fell in love with back in 2004, so I am so used to having to follow teams in that play matches in the early hours of the morning. I don't really follow sports over here, I follow the Packers, Dodgers, Heat and Volunteers avidly too, with almost every minute of my free time. Its normal for me to stay up till 4:00am watching sports on Friday and Saturday night all year round and almost every day during holidays. I have never known anything different... If that makes sense.

Packers? I might have called you something different had I known that! I'm a Vikings fan... :P

Edited by Red_Storm