The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Greg-N-Ral

Your Expectations / Predictions for New Season

Crystal Ball Time - Your Predictions for 2012/2013...

1) Who will score the most GOALS for the Canes this season? how many?

2) Who will lead the Canes in TOTAL POINTS? how many?

3) How many more/less points will the Hurricanes have in the standings this season? (Last year 82 points)

4) Will the Canes win the Southeast division?

what the hey.. here goes ERIC STAAL 42 GOALS.. J.Staal 82 points. 90 points to win SE by 4 points over crapitals

1) Most Goals - Semin with 39-goals

2) Most Points - Eric Staal with 89-points

3) Team - 96 points (+14 over last season)

4) Canes win Southeast

Thinking / hoping we'll see some big-time goal scoring from Semin! Also thinking Skinner has a huge year!

With Jordan Staal and Semin, I'm thinking our OT and shootout performance alone will get us 7-10 additional points. Add in a few more wins in regulation and that gets us +14 over last season.

Same Prediction I make every year...I will drink beer, & watch a lot of hockey...This one will come true...as for the rest here is my best guess:

1. Skinner - 40 goals. (3rd year is the charm)

2. E. Staal - 80 points.

3. Team - 106 points.

4. Canes win Southeast. Finish 2nd overall...just like 06'. Add a top 4 D man & a Top 6 forward at the trade deadline. What a fun year it could be!!!

Ok, so far, based on 4 votes, our board is saying about 97-points (90,96,96,106) for this coming season.

If that holds, we'll likley win the Southeast and have the 6th best record overall in the Eastern Conference.

have no clue about individual numbers or the number of points the Canes will accure. at the very least, with the adding of the new players, we should at least make the playoffs.

E. Staal 45g 55a 100pts

Semin 35g 50a 85

Skinner 34g 40a 74

J.Staal 31g 31a 62

C. Ward 36-16-10

A man can dream can't he? Maybe its not that far fetched!

My prediction: We win the Stanley Cup!

And if we don't, Kirk gets fired, we sell off/trade the Staals, Cam, Skinner and Faulk because it's their fault and they suck!

:facepalm::goodpost:

E. Staal 45g 55a 100pts

Semin 35g 50a 85

Skinner 34g 40a 74

J.Staal 31g 31a 62

C. Ward 36-16-10

A man can dream can't he? Maybe its not that far fetched!

Ward only in 62 games - that might be the most far fetched of all those predictions. biggrin.gif

Sweet, someone copied this idea from the Wild.com message boards.

Staal for a 100 points??? :lol: Nah, not going to happen. Not in the shot blocking paradise era.

Top Scorer: Eric Staal 34 goals, 46 assists = 80 points

Most Points: Eric Staal

Team: 92 points

Division Finish: 2nd

I'm trying to temper my expectations. Until we see them skate together you just never know how things will work out. Having said that I think at the very least we will challenge for a playoff spot. My expectation is we will challenge for 1st in the southeast.

If Eric Staal plays like he did when Muller took over I expect he will lead the team in goals and points.

E. Staal 41 goals 49 assists 90 pts

101 points

first in SE (3rd in the east)

6th overall in points in the east

1. We will be in the top 3 teams in the league in goals per game.

2. We will be in the top 3 teams for number of 50 point forwards on one team and a good bet to be #1.

3. We will be THE top team for number of 20 goal or better scorers.

4. Ryan Murphy will make the team.

5. We will win the Southeast and get at least one round of home playoff games. We will win that round.

6. We will almost never be out of a game.

7. We will dramatically improve our 4 on 4 and overtime stats.

8. We will dramatically improve our powerplay.

9. The acquisition of Alex Semin will prove to be a masterstroke. He will never be captain, he will be ok off the ice but amazing on the ice.

10. With Skinner and Semin there will be nightly "did you see that?" moments. And home games will be as or more fun than 06.

11. As the season builds we will set attendance records, and non hockey people will start talking about the Canes.

E.Staal : 90 points

A Semin: 80 points

J. Staal: 65 points

J Skinner: 65 point

Jussi: 55 points

Ruutu: 55 points

Tlusty: 50 points

LaRose: 20 goals

All eight guys with 20 plus goals would be on the list of all timers for a team.

Our defense is surprisingly good, but by that I mean middle of the pack defensively.

Our defense is in the top 5 in points.

Every point prediction for every forward except Tlusty and J STaal is less than what they've already done in this league. J.Staal breaking at least 50 points to me is the safest bet of all, but I do think he will break 60 comfortably.

Making the playoffs is simply a matter of staying healthy, especially in goal. Winning in the playoffs will depend on how the defense comes together and maybe a trade deadline deal for a defensman.

Now get this labor thing done please. I now find myself needing to see some preseason. (Especially with nearly a 3 week non PNC period after the last preseason game).

Well last season's installment of this thread I said Cam Ward would score a goal, then I said I was joking... so I don't think it counts. I don't see him doing it again this season.

• Eric Staal will be back to his dominate self. He'll have over 100 points - leading the team

• Jordan will end up second line center, and will have a career best in points

• Semin will gel with the Muller offense and earn an extension

• Gleason will be back to his old self

• Wardo will start too many games, but stays steady

• Carolina will win a few more shootouts than last season (risky statement, I know)

• With a full off season/training camp under Muller, Carolina will win the division, the conference and the Cup (102 points)

Well last season's installment of this thread I said Cam Ward would score a goal, then I said I was joking... so I don't think it counts. I don't see him doing it again this season.

• Eric Staal will be back to his dominate self. He'll have over 100 points - leading the team

• Jordan will end up second line center, and will have a career best in points

• Semin will gel with the Muller offense and earn an extension

• Gleason will be back to his old self

• Wardo will start too many games, but stays steady

• Carolina will win a few more shootouts than last season (risky statement, I know)

• With a full off season/training camp under Muller, Carolina will win the division, the conference and the Cup (102 points)

I hope the Hockey Gods agree!

Ward only in 62 games - that might be the most far fetched of all those predictions. biggrin.gif

Ward's relief is a pressing issue, IMO. Can't see him only playing 62 games. Am not as confident

as some in Peters---would be glad for him to prove me wrong. And for Boucher, shoulder issues in an

older player some times take longer than people predict!

Being conservative in most things, I will just say I think we will make the playoffs. E. Staal will get

most points because he has to show lil' bro this is his team !

Edited by UNCCaniac8

I think Peters will have a better shot with a team in front of him. Ward has been used to having nothing in front of him for years and is able to fight through it. Alot of these prospect goalies who make it this far have never had to deal with being shelled night in and night out. Nevermind learning how to deal with being shelled by NHL players.

Peters is still a big question mark IMO. He did look better at the end of last season. I think he will be tested early. If he doesn't cut it we will go shopping before Christmas for a legitimate back-up. I'm hoping Peters does cut it.

My expectations remain optimistic.

And for Boucher, shoulder issues in an older player some times take longer than people predict!

any word on how the rehab is going?

We take the division assuming Ward and the top two forward lines stay relatively healthy.

With some injuries, we go 7th or 8th seed.

However, with no further moves on defense or the addition of a sizable scrapper, I think we'll go out in the first playoff round. I'm assuming that Ward will once again be asked to play 65+ games.

Next year is a huge free-agent pool. We'll get the defensive pieces we need and really make a run. I just dont see a deep cup run this year, but we're getting much closer.

Skinner will make JR look very smart.

Semin will be a near PPG player but will miss time due to injury.

The Staal Bros experiment will be fantastic to watch.

All 3 Finns have bounce back years.

Role players will do their jobs to a T because the coaching staff will have them prepared.

The D will have to be a committee with certain guys stepping it up.

Murphy will be the 7th and sometimes 8th dman.

Ward will be solid like always.

Little worried about Peters.

Should make the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs when you have players like Staal/Staal/Ward/LaRose leading the charge.