The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Caniac5

2012-2013 NHL / NHLPA Negotiations

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who Suffers Most if there is a Walk Out?

• Players
    • Owners
    • Fans

Just curious what people think about the negotiations that are going on who really suffers if there is a Walk Out? Let's see some interesting answers!

OK, my reason to say the fans is because most of live for hockey! I play 2-3 times a week and actually work part-time at one of the rinks. The players and owners have their money issues; but do they really? All of them or millionaires an just want more. In times like this it seems they care nothing for the people that ache to see them play.

My thoughts! Bring up the SCAGS! Let the players sit out and not get paid and let the AHL'ers come up and get the time they are wanting. All I want is HOCKEY to watch. Lower ticket prices and see how many people show up just to see hockey!!!

An open letter to the NHL, Owners and Players:

Really? Seriously? After the debacle of 2004 in which we saw an entire season lost, you're all willing to push the envelope just 8 years later?

I will not claim to fully understand the intricacies, nor the depth of the issues involved. I've never been a team owner nor a player so I will trust that those involved have a full understanding of what is being discussed and debated.

I will however claim to be a fan, a true fan of a great sport that does not want to see another season lost for any reason. The NHL came back stronger than ever since the 2004-2005 black hole with a stronger fan base than ever and here you all are willing to risk disenfranchising that base you worked hard to gain your trust.

Please know that if the 2012-2013 season ends up delayed or cancelled due to this dispute, you will lose at least 2 fans, 2 season ticket holders, 2 people who spend a lot of money each year on tickets, concessions and NHL attire and other goods. We will not come back and I'm willing to bet that there are many others that feel the same way.

Do whatever you feel is necessary, but realize the consequences as well. Sports fans all over the country are getting fed up with the games being played that aren't on the fields, courts or ice.

Respectfully,

Iggy

OK, my reason to say the fans is because most of live for hockey! I play 2-3 times a week and actually work part-time at one of the rinks. The players and owners have their money issues; but do they really? All of them or millionaires an just want more. In times like this it seems they care nothing for the people that ache to see them play.

My thoughts! Bring up the SCAGS! Let the players sit out and not get paid and let the AHL'ers come up and get the time they are wanting. All I want is HOCKEY to watch. Lower ticket prices and see how many people show up just to see hockey!!!

Then go watch an AHL game. Bettman and the owners don't give a rats rear end about your concerns.

Then go watch an AHL game. Bettman and the owners don't give a rats rear end about your concerns.

It seems you have some anger issues and I hope you can work them out! I probably will go see a few AHL games this season so thank you for your suggestion!

It seems you have some anger issues and I hope you can work them out! I probably will go see a few AHL games this season so thank you for your suggestion!

My "Anger issue" is with Bettman and the owners, not you. The owners got almost everything they asked for in '04. Now they want more. As for your suggestion to use AHL players, I personally don't thinks it's fair to lock the players out with no income while the owners keep making money. If the players had went out on strike, then it's a different story and I would go along with it.

I apologize if you took my comment personally....I didn't mean it that way.

Ken

My "Anger issue" is with Bettman and the owners, not you. The owners got almost everything they asked for in '04. Now they want more. As for your suggestion to use AHL players, I personally don't thinks it's fair to lock the players out with no income while the owners keep making money. If the players had went out on strike, then it's a different story and I would go along with it.

Ken

I can see your point. I don't want to see them go without either while the owners squeeze every penny they can get their grubby little hands on. Personally, I think it's time Bettman was canned. He thinks he is all that but everywhere he goes he gets boo'ed! Another lock-out will definitely hurt the sport of hockey and I don't want to see that. Fehr is another that needs to go. Both of these guys are Pit Bulls and neither one will lose to the other. They will hold out until they are finally pushed by both sides to work something out. I wish they would just agree on 50/50 this year, sign a 1 year CBA contract, and let's play hockey! Work on the other issues WHILE hockey is being played. Though, I will admit, players not being able to become UFA until 10 years go by is totally stupid but, I agree on a salary cap because if not, all the best players will go to the big teams and we will know who is going to win the Stanley Cup before the season even starts.

IMHO! ~ Let's just play hockey!!

Ken

I totally agree with you. I really don't like Bettman either.icon7.gif I mean Bettman goes from saying "We need more time" to " I feel bad for the fans and the players we need to end this" then back to "there is more work to be done" and so one. He can't have it both ways. I hope that the NHL gets it together and relizes he not a good/caring commissioner and fires him. I mean for someone who had 3 lockout under their belt sure goes to show he has no sence of caring for the fans or players and no willingness to end this lockout unless he get what he wants.I hope this end so but at the rate Bettman is going we may not have a season. All I can say is they do one of these three things 1) fire him now and get it over with 2)let him have the offer he wants end the lock out he fire him at the end of the season 3)do nothing and risk losing the whole season.I hope the make the right choice and go with option one and fire Bettman get a decent deal and get this over with. If they go with option 2 fine just fire him as so as the season ends.I hope when/if they do they hire someone who is more caring and willing to support and provide to the teams.Also someone who won't lockout the teams just because they don't have the contracts in on the day they are due. Also a person who doesn't have a "I want" attitude. If they insist on keeping Bettman then he need to "grow-up" and stop his "I want" attitude.

Edited by Catlover71