The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ichigo-1

KHL News and Updates

Well, this video is quite stupid. I cannot understand those parts of it with a girl and kids in some place resembling in no way either the States or Russia, either. Hockey-related parts are supposed to look funny as they imitate kids who like to dance awkwardly when this song is being played. On the whole, it's not connected with the Russian New Year or Christmas or even with Magnitogorsk. And in no way it reflects Russian culture. So don't try to determine "how bizarre the culture difference is" judging by this video. It's like finding a half amateur video on youtube and saying that it can be a mirror of the culture of the country where it was created.

Didn't mean to offend, sorry if I did.  Mostly I was trying to pick on Mo a little bit.  I meant it as a joke.  I think the video is also meant to be a joke.

In actuality, I think it's pretty cool he is over in your part of the world and doing quite well.

Salavat sinks Magnitka
(4) Metallurg Magnitogorsk 0
(5) Salavat Yulaev Ufa 2
Salavat Yulaev wins the series 4-3

The destiny of this game – and the series – remained in the balance until the last seconds when Alexei Kaigorodov’s empty netter finally gave Salavat some much-needed breathing space. The former Metallurg favorite struck the crucial blow on 58:58, ending Paul Maurice’s first tilt at the KHL play-offs in round one.

Earlier Nikita Filatov had got the opening goal, firing home through a crowded slot after Miroslav Blatak’s blue-liner caused chaos among the Metallurg defense. At the other end, although Magnitka managed plenty of shots, the Salavat back line did a great job of restricting its opponent to difficult opportunities: of 45 attempts, just 17 required a save from IiroTarkki.

Salavat now faces Ak Bars Kazan in a clash which pits the neighboring regions of Tatarstan and Bashkortistan against one another. But Ak Bars has enjoyed a long rest after sweeping Neftekhimik 4-0 – will that extra preparation time prove decisive in the semi-final?

Well, this video is quite stupid. I cannot understand those parts of it with a girl and kids in some place resembling in no way either the States or Russia, either. Hockey-related parts are supposed to look funny as they imitate kids who like to dance awkwardly when this song is being played. On the whole, it's not connected with the Russian New Year or Christmas or even with Magnitogorsk. And in no way it reflects Russian culture. So don't try to determine "how bizarre the culture difference is" judging by this video. It's like finding a half amateur video on youtube and saying that it can be a mirror of the culture of the country where it was created.

Thanks for the commentary, your input is always appreciated and informative.  Frankly I miss your posts.  It's good to know that it didn't make sense to you either... I still can't tell if it's making fun of Mo or not.  He's not even American, so the whole 'joking about American customs' theme is disjointed.  Well, anyway, good luck to Mo, where ever you end up.  I think he's a decent coach and a better man.  No need to kick the guy when not only is he not in the league anymore... he's not even on the continent (figuratively speaking, I know he's in Ohio right now).

By the way, not trying to be crass, but I'm digging the Russian cheerleaders in the aisles.  That's a lot of cuteness.  Could be distracting from the game, though.