The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Law-Dawg

2013 In Season News, Practice Updates & In-between Game Talk

Waiting for you to post maybe?

I'm wondering if there's been an overload of sorts since the news broke yesterday. I know some websites were a little slower than normal.

Does your board look ok?. I have lost all the formatting on mine. Appears as a list

Waiting for you to post maybe?

I'm wondering if there's been an overload of sorts since the news broke yesterday. I know some websites were a little slower than normal.

Maybe the're putting the players pics back into the site. Sure wish there was a heads up more then "Under Construction".

Does your board look ok?. I have lost all the formatting on mine. Appears as a list

Not sure, I'm using my phone right now. It looks like it usually does on this format. Employer kinda frowns on excessive personal use so I can't easily check on a PC.

Not sure, I'm using my phone right now. It looks like it usually does on this format. Employer kinda frowns on excessive personal use so I can't easily check on a PC.

It appears others are having the same problem with the board. I guess I'll get to talk hockey later. What is it with employers and personal use of computers. Sometimes I'm happy I work from home.

It appears others are having the same problem with the board. I guess I'll get to talk hockey later. What is it with employers and personal use of computers. Sometimes I'm happy I work from home.

It's a hockey thing. They don't get it.

AHL teams are going to be in shambles next week. The Barons are about to go from talented to what the heck just happened?

Yah...and I was looking forward to seeing all the pros this weekend when the checkers come to town...but I've gotta get ready for Emma's baptism this weekend and the move next week...so I can't go anyways. But you're right...OKC is about to get SCREWED!!!

Saw that Kirk Muller will be on 99.9 with Adam and Joe @ 3:30, John Forslund on @ 5:00, this afternoon.

Looking forward to hearing C Kaiton's hall-of-fame voice here soon too! Canes have the best [local] broadcasters in the biz!

Anyone know what a 4-move restriction with the draft lottery is?

This was a rule that a team could slide no more than 4 draft slots from their finishing position the preceding season. So the worst team in the league would draft no worse than 4th overall, 2nd worst team 5th, etc. So even if you got really hosed in the lottery, you still would not slide any more than 4 slots.

Saw that Kirk Muller will be on 99.9 with Adam and Joe @ 3:30, John Forslund on @ 5:00, this afternoon.

Looking forward to hearing C Kaiton's hall-of-fame voice here soon too! Canes have the best [local] broadcasters in the biz!

Lost in the madness ... The Canes have a new broadcast team member. I can't remember her name.

Her name is Chantel McCabe. I guess she will still be part of the broadcast team.

That's right. Just looked her up on twitter and it appears she's still with the Canes.

This labor unrest has erased my brain.

Just read KHL is putting pressure on Russian players and offering incentives for them to stay in the KHL. I also saw (tweet from chip) that Semin is expected in Raleigh on Thursday or Friday so I guess we are safe.

Where'd Bob go?

His contract wasn't renewed.

I liked him. Management was looking for someone different, however.

That's right. Just looked her up on twitter and it appears she's still with the Canes.

This labor unrest has erased my brain.

Yeah, completely left my brain...imagine what an entire season gone, imagine 17-18 months lost I wouldn't remember the starting line. :coollaugh:

As far as forwards, I think we might see something like this:

Tlusty - Staal 12 - Semin

Skinner -Staal 11 - Checkers Prospect / LaRose

Bowman - Jokinen - Dwyer/LaRose

Nodl - Brent - LaRose/Dwyer

Stewart

Muller was already on the radio saying 1) The Staals would center the top 2 lines, and 2) he wants a third line with more scoring punch.

You would think Semin would take the top line wing, and Skinner will play with Staal 11. Given the chemistry Tlusty has already shown with Staal 12 that leaves one open spot in the top-6 for Dalpe or Boychuk.

I think Bowman takes one third line wing, and a Bowman - Jokinen - Dwyer\Larose line on paper could be a pretty good line. All the fourth line needs to do is give the Staal lines a breather.

If there was ever a time where Boychuk or Dalpe could step up and step in, NOW would be their golden opportunity.

Should be a fun camp to watch.

I see Bowman or Dalpe making the transition this year and doign well. As usual, I'm not sold on Boychuck he just looked lazy out there....

Just read KHL is putting pressure on Russian players and offering incentives for them to stay in the KHL. I also saw (tweet from chip) that Semin is expected in Raleigh on Thursday or Friday so I guess we are safe.

Thanks OBXer I was nervous. Man it's great to talk about hockey! Eh?

Your right it should be a fun camp. I'm not sure either Boychuk or Dalpe will make the leap this season. They might. I think we are more likely to see a 3rd or 4th liner jump the roster. Muller uses all four lines and from what I heard him say he wants the 4th line to be tough and difficult to play against. I'll be watching guys like Sutter and Bowman. I think Jussi slides into the second line and LaRose on third. But honestly I won't be surprised at anything in this dash for the cup.

I see the N&O has gone to a paid on-line subscription. Good luck putting that genie back in the bottle Chip.

X

I think we will see a lot of guys from Charlotte coming in and out of the lineup, mostly to keep the team fresh. Keep an eye on Brett Sutter as well, he would add some size and toughness on the fourth line.

The more I think about this shortened season, the more fun I think it could be. It's going to be playoff hockey every night.

Before the lock out wasn't there some talk about carrying and extra D and/or forward on the roster?

Before the lock out wasn't there some talk about carrying and extra D and/or forward on the roster?

I heard extra Dman but don't remember extra forward mentioned. I'm slightly concerned about the "toughness" of our defensive corps. Who aside from Gleason will drop the gloves?

I heard extra Dman but don't remember extra forward mentioned. I'm slightly concerned about the "toughness" of our defensive corps. Who aside from Gleason will drop the gloves?

Harrison is tough and will drop them from time to time. Faulk and Corvo can play tough but dropping the gloves is another matter. Not to many will mess with Tim so Jay could get a workout this season.