The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Law-Dawg

2013 In Season News, Practice Updates & In-between Game Talk

He didn't play for the KHL so I'm not sure where you could have heard it from. Maybe a disappointed Caps fan who wanted him re-signed?

Read for yourself:

Why Alex Semin decided to play virtually for free in Russian minor league during NHL lockout

Sounds like a guy I would want to have on my team.

Sorry I didn't mean KLH,below is the clip I copied:

Semin

Word on the street was that Semin showed up to his team in Russia way out of shape. Has anyone heard any update to that?

- Posted by Wags

Semin

Word on the street was that Semin showed up to his team in Russia way out of shape. Has anyone heard any update to that?

- Posted by Wags

There was a post on here somewhere about Semin being a health scratch for a couple of games a while ago. It was a Russian paper, and some grumblings. I am very much looking forward to seeing him play. New lease, chip on shoulder and all that.

There was a post on here somewhere about Semin being a health scratch for a couple of games a while ago. It was a Russian paper, and some grumblings. I am very much looking forward to seeing him play. New lease, chip on shoulder and all that.

I agree with you, I hope he feels that he has something to prove to Washington and any other teams that felt he wasn't worth the gamble!! :thumbsup:

Semin

- Posted by Wags

I stand corrected

I didn't know he also played for a KHL team. In fact, I totally forgot we signed him until a couple of weeks ago :hide:

Shootout Lineup:

Jokinen :lol:

Semin

Staal 11

Staal 12

Skinner

Tlusty

:applaud:

No really, we NEED to be better in shootouts.

Was Jordan Staal an effective SO guy for the Pens. I love Eric Staal and he is a great player IMO but he is terrible in SO's. Might want to move Skinner to number 3, ie: Jussi, Semin, Skinner, et al.

Edited by Bill_B

Not sure on which thread this belongs, but Pierre LeBrun just tweeted that NHLPA vote will now be Fri-Sat instead of Thur-Sat. I have grown weary of the PA's slow movement over the past few months.

Man anyone catch Skinners new haircut? All he needs is a Jofa helmet and he'll look like a 90's Jagr.

Here's to getting the point total of a 90's Jagr.

Not sure on which thread this belongs, but Pierre LeBrun just tweeted that NHLPA vote will now be Fri-Sat instead of Thur-Sat. I have grown weary of the PA's slow movement over the past few months.

I know it's not going to happen because it would be reputation suicide but wouldn't it be funny if they vote not to accept the agreement? It is stupid that they won't do the vote Thursday and Friday. Heck I don't see how a group of 700 something players need two days to send an email yes or no. You would think they have already had the agreement sent to them.

I wonder when we get a modified schedule. I'm guessing Friday or next Monday.

I know it's not going to happen because it would be reputation suicide but wouldn't it be funny if they vote not to accept the agreement? It is stupid that they won't do the vote Thursday and Friday. Heck I don't see how a group of 700 something players need two days to send an email yes or no. You would think they have already had the agreement sent to them.

I wonder when we get a modified schedule. I'm guessing Friday or next Monday.

Per an article in the NY Daily News, the schedule is to be announced Saturday, as soon as the players ratify the agreement.

Also, the players do not have the agreement yet. As of Wednesday afternoon, they were still working on the "memorandum of understanding". From the same article:

The union and NHL still are drafting a memorandum of understanding that officially articulates their agreement, and the union is trying to finalize as much of that memorandum as possible before player CBA voting begins. That process is expected to take part electronically on Friday and Saturday. The last few days, the players’ association has been conducting calls with players and agents to educate them about the changes and additions to the agreement.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/nhl-owners-unanimously-approve-new-cba-article-1.1236781#ixzz2HYFBqfeg

Mullet man Skinner, man, that looks wierd, but just put the puck in the net :) Awac, congrats!

Edited by dinz

Listening to the Muller/Rutherford press Q & A it sounds to me like a trade is coming. JR said they aren't looking to replace Ruutu's position in the early going so I think if JR does pull the trigger it will be for the 3rd or 4th line. Also said 6 or 7 Chex could be with the club. Hmmm....

WRAL video

Listening to the Muller/Rutherford press Q & A it sounds to me like a trade is coming. JR said they aren't looking to replace Ruutu's position in the early going so I think if JR does pull the trigger it will be for the 3rd or 4th line. Also said 5 or 6 Chex could be with the club. Hmmm....

WRAL video

Not having seen it yet, I gotta think 3rd line center or big nasty guy for fourth line or both.

5 or 6. Geeze. That really makes one wonder who could be going the other way. Probably any non center non top 6 forward and or even a defenseman. Let the conjecture fly!

Not having seen it yet, I gotta think 3rd line center or big nasty guy for fourth line or both.

5 or 6. Geeze. That really makes one wonder who could be going the other way. Probably any non center non top 6 forward and or even a defenseman. Let the conjecture fly!

I just changed it.. I think he said 6 or 7. I figure he is counting Faulk, Bowman and Peters or Ellis then could have a Chex at 3rd or 4th center. He said earlier Sangs could stick and then you have Dalpe/Samson/Boychuk as possibles. It could just be a signal to the vets to show up from day one because the Canes have options.

Chip Alexander@ice_chip For those wondering how Canes can fit in 6-7 players who started season with Checkers, don't rule out an early trade.

Paul Branecky@PaulBranecky That said, Rutherford saying Canes might start season with 6 or 7 Checkers is more than I expected. Everything still wide open

Who ya thinkin' is gone? Stewart? Who do we have that someone else needs/wants?

I heard JR say that too... that's a lot of Checkers. He must be really impressed with how they've done. Possibly move a whole line up who's been playing together?

Edited by pepcane

Who ya thinkin' is gone? Stewart? Who do we have that someone else needs/wants?

I heard JR say that too... that's a lot of Checkers. He must be really impressed with how they've done. Possibly move a whole line up who's been playing together?

Stewart, Nodl, Boychuk, Samson probably all on the block.

Stewart, Nodl, Boychuk, Samson probably all on the block.

I figured Stewart and Noodle would be the first two...Boychuk might now garner a bit higher price given his great play in Charlotte thus far (and I don't know if he'll get out of Kirk's doghouse after the last fiasco in Raleigh)...Samson is a bit of a wild card. Hell, throw Joni on there to free up some cap space!

Just as long as they don't even think about dumping Rosey!!!

Well, talk of Neil has been mentioned before, love his play and grittiness.. good video, Muller ready to go.. going to be a lot of youngins on team, i think they are ready...

1. Faulk, obviously

2. Ellis (Peters)

3. Bowman

4. Dalpe

5. Sanguinetti

Even squeezing those guys in without a trade assumes that the third line center is either Jussi (please no), or Dalpe.

If my math is right, adding any more Checkers will necessitate moving people.

If we do trade a dman, it better not be Harrison. We need at least a couple of dmen that play defense. Espcially given that is our greatest weakness.