The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Law-Dawg

2013 In Season News, Practice Updates & In-between Game Talk

Like to see westgarth  pummel cooke, then throw cooke into the penalty box, yea, thats the ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have  westgarth, blanchard, and  name another  tough cane  play the Hanson brothers, lol

Question: do the hurricanes have too many nice guys?

Seriously.  Just watching the Morrow head shot on Faulk, and it just gets me wondering... Do the Canes need some players that are willing to ignore the well being of their union brothers?  You know, the type of guy that will cut a tendon, elbow a head, that kind of thing? 

Who cares about the other guy's career if I have mine?

Of course, I drip in sarcasm, but not completely.  The Canes have no jerks, and I think it is a factor.

Of course, I drip in sarcasm, but not completely.  The Canes have no jerks, and I think it is a factor.

don't know if there is a corollary but in the NFL Mike Singetary  of the Bears was a total beast on the turf but he always played within the rules.  the Canes need a similar player for their defense

Is it juts me or has Jared Staal been the most impressive call up this season?  I'm somewhat perplexed.....

I think he looked like he belonged here.  I hope he uses this as motivation to get to work.  He is never going to be the skilled player that his brother are, but he could actually find a role.  He just needs to finish all his checks and play responsible defense.

Is it juts me or has Jared Staal been the most impressive call up this season?  I'm somewhat perplexed.....

I agree. From how he looked in the Checkers game here at the beginning of the season, I would not have expected him to look like he has these few games.At this point, I can see him possibly in the line-up next season.

Question: do the hurricanes have too many nice guys?

Seriously.  Just watching the Morrow head shot on Faulk, and it just gets me wondering... Do the Canes need some players that are willing to ignore the well being of their union brothers?  You know, the type of guy that will cut a tendon, elbow a head, that kind of thing? 

Who cares about the other guy's career if I have mine?

The way both Forslund and Maniscalco have been "selling" Matt Cooke today, I have an unsettling feeling you may get to see a solution to that issue.

I agree. From how he looked in the Checkers game here at the beginning of the season, I would not have expected him to look like he has these few games.At this point, I can see him possibly in the line-up next season.

The way both Forslund and Maniscalco have been "selling" Matt Cooke today, I have an unsettling feeling you may get to see a solution to that issue.

They better not sign him...we have no space on this team for POS goons!

They better not sign him...we have no space on this team for POS goons!

I don't know AWAC.  I don't like him either.  But the canes have tried the "all nice guys" route too many times.  It isn't working.

Unless you have a complete wako (Sean Avery), I don't think it hurts the locker room either.  It may help.

So, we have nobody willing to come to Faulk's aid last night.  Why?  On top of that, we need offensive toughness.  All I hear on this board is people "responding" to hits to Skinner or Faulk.  Fine.  But this league shows it will put up with unnecessary provoked injuries with little to no consequence.  It is apparently "part of the game", and all the good teams have guys like that.  We don't.  Look where we are.

This horrible season is finally over, thank goodness.  From the hated Lockout to the Cane's heart ripping collapse I'm so glad the pain is over.

Good riddance 2013 Season and version of the Canes.  See you all in the off-season thread.

I don't know AWAC.  I don't like him either.  But the canes have tried the "all nice guys" route too many times.  It isn't working.

Unless you have a complete wako (Sean Avery), I don't think it hurts the locker room either.  It may help.

So, we have nobody willing to come to Faulk's aid last night.  Why?  On top of that, we need offensive toughness.  All I hear on this board is people "responding" to hits to Skinner or Faulk.  Fine.  But this league shows it will put up with unnecessary provoked injuries with little to no consequence.  It is apparently "part of the game", and all the good teams have guys like that.  We don't.  Look where we are.

He might not be a wacko like Avery, but he sure plays just as dirty...and this team is not about dirty players.  Let's go get PK Subban or Scotty Hartnell...those are two guys who get under your skin, but damn would you love to have them on your team!